News about the new album!

AuthorMessage
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
February 11th, 2009 at 01:58pm
Oh my god.
They've put a sample track on the official website.
It. Is. Amazing. There's something about that little sample that's special.
The first time I heard it I was like...'What?'
But...after listening to it again I really like it. The repetitive guitar chords send a shiver down your spine.

Oh darn. That sounded corny. XD
I'm not sure about the album art, but I did imagine it to look something like that.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
February 11th, 2009 at 02:40pm
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
February 11th, 2009 at 02:42pm
The 'repetitive guitar chords' are just a short sample on a loop (and have as much piano in there as guitar anyway). The song could well go off on a completely different tangent after that.

Don't read too much into it.
Jolly
Banned
Jolly
February 11th, 2009 at 10:17pm
I'M GOIN' TO MOURN
MY SPEAKERS DON'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Toxic Narcotic
King For A Couple Of Days
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
February 12th, 2009 at 08:42pm
Jolly:
I'M GOIN' TO MOURN
MY SPEAKERS DON'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel your pain... i got a toothpick stuck in the earphone jack and now no sound comes out =(
Toxic Narcotic
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
February 12th, 2009 at 09:25pm
“March of the Dogs” is the most punky and overtly political of the six tracks. Built on big punches of guitar and classic shout and response vocals, Armstrong spits, “I want to know who’s allowed to breed/All the dogs who never learned to read/Missionaries, politicians/And the cops of a new religion.”
St. Dude
St. Dude
February 13th, 2009 at 07:39am
i took this from GDC
here are clips of lyrics from the songs

Act 1: Heroes and Cons
21st Century Breakdown :
"My generation is zero/ Never made it as a working class hero".
"Video games of the towers' fall/ Homeland Security can kill us all,"
"Oh dream, America, dream ... / Oh, scream, America, scream."
“Born into Nixon/I was raised in hell” (not sure if that's a lyric, but I guess so, AP article)
"sing us the song of the century"
"tell us a story thats by candle light, we're waging the war and losing the fight"

Know Your Enemy:
"Silence is the enemy so give me revolution.”
"Violence is an energy/ Against the enemy,
”Do you know the enemy/Well gotta know the enemy"

Viva La Gloria:
not any yet

Before the Lobotomy:
"Dreaming, I was only dreaming/ Of another place and time where my family's from"
(as Armstrong growls about )"whiskey shots and cheap cigarettes."
“Charlatans of lost memories like the end of the century.”

Christian's Inferno:
not any yet

Last Night On Earth:
“I text a postcard sent to you/Did it go through?”

Act 2: Charlatans and Saints
March of the Dogs:
(with Armstrong mentioning) "sacrificial suicides."
"Don't test me ... second guess me ... protest me."
"I want to know who’s allowed to breed/All the dogs who never learned to read/Missionaries, politicians/And the cops of a new religion.”

Act 3: Horseshoes and Handgrenades
N/A

Songs of which we don't know the act yet:
Restless Heart Syndrome:
“Know what ails you/impales you… you’re a victim of the system.”
"I'm elated/Medicated/I am my own worst enemy"
"I've got a really bad disease/ It's got me begging on my hands and knees."

21 Guns:
"One, 21 guns, lay down your arms/ Give up the fight ... / One, 21 guns/ Throw up your arms into the sky/ You and I,"
with harmonized "Aaaah-aaaahs."
Jolly
Banned
Jolly
February 13th, 2009 at 07:33pm
YOU'RE TEASING ME!!!
IT HURTS ME
Jolly
Banned
Jolly
February 13th, 2009 at 11:18pm
i should try my dad's computer... i think his speakers work
Jolly
Banned
Jolly
February 14th, 2009 at 12:59am
I THINK I'LL DO IT TOMORRO
HOPEFULLY MY PARENTS ARE GONE SHOPPING
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
February 14th, 2009 at 09:49pm
I am very very very much looking foward to 21st Century Breakdown's release. It feels like we've been waiting forever! (even though I know that it hasn't been forever and I appreciate the fact that you can't rush perfection.) I was very disappointed when I didn't get to see them play a FHT show last year-but now I get to look foward to seeing Green Day again. AND I am really excited to own the new album and have it's music grace my ears. I am just psyched!!!!
Going out of my mind with anticipation is more like it...
YAY!!!!! Smile
Jolly
Banned
Jolly
February 15th, 2009 at 12:04am
it doesn't really feel like its been forever. though, i'm always listening to their music. I really excited about 21 century breakdown. I'm getting the jumpers!!!
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
February 15th, 2009 at 04:43am
Jolly:
it doesn't really feel like its been forever. though, i'm always listening to their music. I really excited about 21 century breakdown. I'm getting the jumpers!!!

I'm always listening to Green Day too. I just mean that rumors have been popping up randomly over the past couple of years, getting my hopes up and then crushing them but now the rumors were finally true. I guess I've been waiting to see them live again more than anything. I'm really excited for this new album and for when they start to tour! Mr. Green
Jolly
Banned
Jolly
February 15th, 2009 at 06:31pm
I LIVE TO SEE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
February 16th, 2009 at 09:57pm
I'm worried about "Christian's Inferno". I'm Catholic and go to church ever weekend, so I know I'm going to find this song offending. Why did they have to write a song about religion? Politics is one thing, but religion gets too personal.
Jolly
Banned
Jolly
February 16th, 2009 at 11:49pm
i'm catholic too!!!
but nothing really offends me.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
February 17th, 2009 at 03:10am
Doris The Spider:
I'm worried about "Christian's Inferno". I'm Catholic and go to church ever weekend, so I know I'm going to find this song offending. Why did they have to write a song about religion? Politics is one thing, but religion gets too personal.

I'm Catholic too. or my family is. I'm forced to go every weekend. Rolling Eyes
Isn't music supposed to be personal? Isn't it supposed to push the envelope? make you question things? I don't know...I don't have a problem with it. It's their opinion, and their feelings. Their album. Plus, even when their music started to have polictical undertones they did it tastefully. I'm pretty confident that that they won't make their statement tasteless or all out bash against religion. It'll probably just be about the corruption and hypocracy of some of the people involved in the religion that they have witnessed.
Jello Biafra.
Falling In Love With The Board
Jello Biafra.

Blog
February 17th, 2009 at 09:32am
Doris The Spider:

This is Green Day we're talking about here, they're always one to create some sort of controvercial buzz. Con

And besides, just as you have the right to be Catholic, they have the right to write/sing about their views on anything, religion included. Cool
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
February 17th, 2009 at 12:55pm
You all made good points good point, but I still don't like it. I get offend when someone bashes my political views or religion.
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
February 17th, 2009 at 05:40pm
Doris The Spider:
You all made good points good point, but I still don't like it. I get offend when someone bashes my political views or religion.

Same tbh. I'm kind of afraid that I'll be really disappointed in this album's lyrics. Politics, I really don't mind that much...but I don't know how I'll feel about them bashing religion.

But on the bright side, the media made American Idiot seem like this really overtly political album, when it really wasn't. Maybe it'll be the same with 21CB. Everyone will make it out to be this really outrageous and offensive album, but maybe it really won't be that bad. I'm really hoping that's the case.
Register