AuthorMessage
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
November 14th, 2009 at 03:59pm
Boobmeister:
Cecilia:
Boobmeister:
I don't think the issue is if the mods are on frequently enough, it's that they don't seem to be interested in keeping the Green Day side of the fan site up and running. The news doesn't get updated for quite a while after someone's posted an article, and also there are a lot of threads that need locking in the Green Day sections, and while I try to report a lot of them it doesn't always work like that :/

I can't see any of the threads you've reported.
another mod must deal with them before you get there then.
The threads that get reported do get dealt with.
The threads that don't get reported don't get dealt with as quickly. Instead, people use those threads to voice their opinions about the lack of mods until a mod or admin happens to run across it..even though reporting is a lot more helpful.
Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Love

Mibba Blog
November 29th, 2009 at 04:58pm
Love:
Video to Green Day's next single "21st Century Breakdown" released

Don't miss Green Day's new video for their new hitsingle "21st Century Breakdown". The video is featured on many MTV pages, for example over here.

New Tour Dates announced!

January 12th, 2010 Bangkok, Thailand
January 14th, 2010 Singapore
January 16th, 2010 Hong Kong, China
January 18th, 2010 Seoul, Korea

More nominations!

More and more nominations for Green Day!
After getting voted for three EMA Awards they now are up for an American Music Award 2009. You can vote them for Favourite Alternative Rock Artist here.

And as if that isn't enough Green Day are running for the mtvU Woodie Awards 2009. They are nominated as "Best Performing Woodie". You can vote for them here.

Don't miss the American Music Awards 2009 on November 22nd and the mtvU Woodie Awards 2009 on December 4th!

it's getting out of date...
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
December 1st, 2009 at 03:06pm
http://main.nimrodstreet.com/

Hey there musicians, rock out this holiday season by entering our "Play Like Green Day Holiday Sweepstakes".
In conjunction with our sponsor Alfred Music Publishing, Nimrod Street is giving away band approved guitar tabs from Green Day's entire collection starting today December 1st.

The fun doesn't stop there, take part in our Twitter contest for a chance to win an awesome Nimrod Street T-shirt. We'll be selecting the winners on January 1st, 2010 and will be notified by e-mail and/or by phone by January 10th, 2010 . Who will be the lucky Nimrods to receive this coveted prize? Will it be you?

You can enter as many times you would like up to once a day by filling out the form provided on our website (http://main.nimrodstreet.com/official-play-like-green-day-holiday-sweepstakes-rules).You must be at least 18 years old as of December 31st, 2009 to receive the prize. If you are a minor (under 18 years old as of December 31st, 2009) and are selected as a winner, you must also provide Parent or Guardian's consent. You must be at least 13 years old as of December 31st, 2009 to enter this contest.

Please see official rules here. (http://main.nimrodstreet.com/nimrod-street-holiday-sweepstakes)
Tunny.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Tunny.

Mibba
December 10th, 2009 at 11:19am
Wow I found news on GDA but idk..I'm not good at writing articles Razz
n OMFG GREEN DAY SIGNED A BOWL AND PUT IT FOR AN AUCTION FOR FEED AMERICA FUND Very Happy
i think thats the cause i forgot....
Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Love

Mibba Blog
December 22nd, 2009 at 06:18am
Just forget about the news...it's honestly really depressing when your news don't get posted. I'm probably not writing anymore, sorry.
Comrade182
Comrade182
March 12th, 2010 at 09:55am
Green Day: Rock Band News

Green Day: Rock Band is coming out on June 8th on the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii consoles.
There will be 2 versions avaliable;
The Standard Edition will include only the songs which are on the disc.
The Special Edition will also include the Tracks which are currently avaliable on the Xbox Live Marketplace, as well as featuring some 'special packaging'.

Current pricing is:
Wii - $49.99
X360 & PS3 - $59.99
(I don't have UK/Europe prices, but needless to say they'll be standard 'new game' prices.)

It's been confirmed that there will NOT be any Green Day specific hardware released.

The tracks will also be fully exportable on the X360 and PS3, but not on the Wii, so you can play the tracks with previous versions of Rock Band.
Currently confirmed tracks are:
Brain Stew/Jaded
Hitchin' A Ride
American Idiot
Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Wake me up when september ends

Current DLC tracks are:
East Jesus Nowhere
21 Guns
Know Your Enemy
Christians Inferno
Last of The American Girls
Viva La Gloria!
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 16th, 2010 at 01:31pm
Last night, Billie Joe Armstrong inducted The Stooges into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. Billie told the audience that he was "very excited and nervous as hell" as he made a speech and introduced the Stooges. Later, Billie performed with the band on stage, calling up other artists to join them, including Mike and Tre, who bounded up eagerly.

More info about the whole ceremony can be found here.
Comrade182
Comrade182
March 16th, 2010 at 03:32pm
Green Day have announced their 2010 US Tour with special guests AFI.
The tour begins August 3rd, 2010 at Susquehanna Bank Center in Camden, New Jersey.
A complete list of US dates will be released soon, so keep checking Green Day's Official Site for more news.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 17th, 2010 at 07:41pm

Billie Joe is featured on the cover of the April issue of Spin Magazine. Inside, he interviews The Replacement's Paul Westerberg.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 21st, 2010 at 09:04pm

Billie is featured on the cover of April's edition of Out magazine. Inside he's interviewed about the American Idiot Musical coming to broadway, along with answering questions on his sexuality and issues of masculinity and femininity. The article and pictures can be found here, and there are some outtake questions that didn't make the final cut here. All in all, a very insightful read.
Not Alison
Basket Case
Not Alison

Blog
March 24th, 2010 at 06:26am
Tom Hanks and Green Day may produce a movie based on the broadway play, American Idiot. Information can be found here.
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
March 24th, 2010 at 10:00pm
Green Day have announced North American dates for their summer 2010 tour. It kicks off in Camden, New Jersey on August 3, with AFI as the opening act. There will be ticket presales for Idiot Club members and Citi Card members. Not all concerts have been announced yet, so check greenday.com often for a full list of dates.

EDIT: Never mind, it's already up there. Oops
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 25th, 2010 at 02:20pm
Greenday.com will be premiering the new Green Day video for Last Of The American Girls on Thursday the 1st of April.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 26th, 2010 at 09:10pm
cabot gal:
Greenday.com will be premiering the new Green Day video for Last Of The American Girls on Thursday the 1st of April.
Sorry, MTV will be premiering it, not greenday.com
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 28th, 2010 at 01:36pm
For those who have HBO, they should keep an eye out for Billie Joe to make an appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher. The show will air April 9th at 10:00pm (ET) so be sure to tune in!
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 29th, 2010 at 03:32pm
Green Day: Rock Band is due to be released in the UK on June 4th and on June 8th for the US. It's possible to pre-order your copy from amazon now, but while you wait, here's some more game footage:

Comrade182
Comrade182
March 29th, 2010 at 05:08pm
I've posted ^^that^^ into the GD:RB Topic as well. I've done it as a quote so people know credit goes to you =)
hope you don't mind.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 31st, 2010 at 10:06am
no that's cool Smile

----

Fancy a sneak peak of the new Last of the American Girls music video? US residents can now see a short, 30 seconds clip one day in advance over HERE @ MTV.com.

Remember to check again tomorrow, April 1st, from 6:00am EST for the release of the full video.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 5th, 2010 at 06:32pm
Sorry, no British slang allowed in news posts. Coffee
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
April 6th, 2010 at 01:30pm
i'll start using cockney rhyming slang Mad

----

Tre Cool hosted Music in Schools Today's (MuST) 4th annual golf tournament on April 5th this year. The event included a poolside BBQ lunch, on-course events, live and silent auctions, musical entertainment and a buffet dinner. Mike Dirnt also attended to defend his team's championship, and to help raise money for the charity.

In other news, it has been confirmed that Green Day will be performing at Lollapalooza this summer, August 7th in Chicago, IL. For more info (including on how to get tickets) visit www.lollapalooza.com/2010
Register