Euthanasia

AuthorMessage
Absolutely Nothing
King For A Couple Of Days
Absolutely Nothing
May 27th, 2005 at 11:35pm
me and my partner did the same thing...lol on our debate day...we accidently had the same speech from the same website! lol thank god we didnt get to his speech...so he rewrote another one...
Ruby Soho
Geek
Ruby Soho
May 27th, 2005 at 11:45pm
They should get a choice
Astra Slappy
Astra Slappy
May 28th, 2005 at 02:21am
Guest:
i'm sure everyone will know what it is, but just in case...

euthanasia is the process of putting someone, who is ill and can never get better, to death before they naturally die, in as much as a painfree way as possible.

i'm not entirely sure. i think, if the person is conscious, they should have the choice. if they want to die instead of go through agony until they die naturally, then i'd say its their body, and their choice. but thinking about it from the familys point of few, it must be so horrible to put a loved one to death. but then, don't they just want to make their ill family member to be happy?

what do u guys think.....?

It's like the abortion issue to me. I think it depends on the individual person concerned, and of course their families. Personally, if I were dying of some horrible lingering disease I would want to be put out of my misery, I wouldn't want my family to see me degenerate into some hideous, pain-riddled travesty of who I was. It's no different to putting a pet to sleep, really, it's considered merciful, ending the suffering. It's really not that different to having a do not resuscitate order. People dictate the way they live, why not dictate the way they die? We're all going to die anyway, after all. So I do approve of it, it's something I would consider if I had a terminal illness, but I can see why others would not like it.
Aleysia!
Jackass
Aleysia!
May 28th, 2005 at 08:46am
I just did a speech on this at school so my opinion is that Only Voluntary Euthanasia (which is where the ill person has to decide wether they want to be euthanised or not previous to their illness or during it if they are competant) should be allowed to occur because involuntary and non voluntary euthansia allow for injustice and life to be taken even if the patient doesnt want it like poor Terri Schiavo.
maya (american jesus)
Jackass
maya (american jesus)
May 28th, 2005 at 11:08am
i think they have to choose themselves, and if they arent able to the family must choose for them like in the terri schiavo thing.i saw this beautiful movie about it, el mar ardentro its really a great movie, about a sailor who had an accident and is paralised for the rest of his life and he wants eutanasia but he isnt legally allowed and in the end his family helps him to commit suicide....everyone in that cinema cried Crying or Very sad
Holiday rep whore
Holiday rep whore
May 28th, 2005 at 12:09pm
im doing euthanasia in my R.E class, i haven't yet made up my mind though if i think it is right or wrong
Sweet Taboo.
Sweet Taboo.
May 28th, 2005 at 12:24pm
I believe that it's entirely up to them. Doesn't everyone believe that? If they don't, I respect their opinion but there has to be something wrong with them...
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 2nd, 2005 at 08:21pm
I absolutely think it's okay if that person wants it. It's safer than going home and killing yourself your own way. If you are in considerable pain or brain dead and you don't want to be any longer, then I think euthanasia is a fine alternative.
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 07:03am
is up to the family really if they can't decide for themselves.
CRazy bread
Geek
CRazy bread
June 4th, 2005 at 02:25pm
i think if someone wants to die then its their life and they can do what they want with it.

i can see why people don't want euthanasia to be legal, because it would probably create many legal cases to decide whether a person was murdered or whether it was euthanasia, thats the only problem i see with it.
American_IDIOT_89
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
American_IDIOT_89
June 4th, 2005 at 03:56pm
I think euthanasia is murder .. there's medication out there that can take pain away if they are in pain ... i think if they are going to die .. let them die on their own ... don't cut their life short
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
June 4th, 2005 at 04:57pm
i think that if the person is conscious it should definitely be their choice, but not all people are alike some would rather let the family members decide. if the person is unconscious however, then the doctors should tell the family members the situation and the intensity of the pain the person is or will be feeling, then they should be able to make a desision.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 4th, 2005 at 05:53pm
Guest:
i'm sure everyone will know what it is, but just in case...

euthanasia is the process of putting someone, who is ill and can never get better, to death before they naturally die, in as much as a painfree way as possible.

i'm not entirely sure. i think, if the person is conscious, they should have the choice. if they want to die instead of go through agony until they die naturally, then i'd say its their body, and their choice. but thinking about it from the familys point of few, it must be so horrible to put a loved one to death. but then, don't they just want to make their ill family member to be happy?

what do u guys think.....?
it should be legal because there's no point suffering if you have no chance of recovery.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 6th, 2005 at 06:38pm
Well, there was that whole Terry Schivo thing, but that was different, and it all depends. If there is not written document that you want euthanasia, then they should keep you living, even if your relatives disagree. That's what I think anyway
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 9th, 2005 at 02:10pm
If someone is in a situation where they are in severe pain and unable to move, speak and even eat by themselves then there is clearly an argument that they should be able to end their lives.
However, of course there is the argument from religious groups that is wrong and un-natural and showed their stance on this with the Pope fighting his for his life right until the end, despite the opportunity to have had his life ended days earlier. I think it was even said that the Pope had wanted it to end.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 9th, 2005 at 02:11pm
American_IDIOT_89:
I think euthanasia is murder .. there's medication out there that can take pain away if they are in pain ... i think if they are going to die .. let them die on their own ... don't cut their life short

The pain isn't really the point! its more to do with that the life they are living is that satisftying as they pretty much can't do anything themselves..
The Duck's Nuts
Falling In Love With The Board
The Duck's Nuts
June 22nd, 2005 at 09:43pm
i don't like euthinasia or however you spell it, coz in 7 months and 4 days i've had to put 2 dogs down, but they were in a lot of pain and it's not right to let them live that way...

and with humans, if they have no quality of life, then it's juist cruel to keep them alive, i think the people who have realatives who are really ill and just want to die coz of th epain they're in are a little selfish, coz they think about themselves, and that they don't want to lose that person, but they don't really consider how that person is feeling and the pain they're in...
Nine_Inch_Nails
Falling In Love With The Board
Nine_Inch_Nails
November 4th, 2005 at 06:50pm
I completly and utterly agree with it.
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 4th, 2005 at 10:34pm
I think it should be legal so I could make the choice if I'm conscious or as a part of the living will. I don't want my relatives to fight over whether to kill me or let me be, nor do I want to suffer if it's obvious I'm gonna die. If there's a chance of saving a person, then you can try, but if you know they're gonna die anyway, they should have a right to die with dignity rather than wait till they're in such a horrible condition it's scary... I don't think the relatives would be all that happy about watching you die in pain either...But, you know my opinion on choosing death...
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
November 15th, 2005 at 10:31am
We were doing about euthanasia in R.E... I was like the only person there who really knew what it was.
But when they found out, they were all saying it was like murder and wrong... but I don't think so. I think aslong as that person is in their own mind and making their own decision not to be kept alive, then what's so wrong about it? I mean, it's their choice. Most of the time they're terminally ill and in a lot of pain, so if they want someone to help them end it slightly earlier then why shouldn't they be able to? It's everyone's own choice.
Register