Euthanasia

AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 15th, 2005 at 11:41am
I agree with euthanasia. One of the biggest reasons why i advocate it is; if a person is terminally ill, and going to die anyway, why not let them do it in the way they best see fit?. Much has been said (especially by the catholic church) about the drawbacks and negative aspects of euthanasia, such as relatives using it for their own gain, or a patient being forced into it. But i personally would rather have a quick, humane death than to slowly rot away.
_rehabreject_
King For A Couple Of Days
_rehabreject_
November 15th, 2005 at 11:42am
bloodraine:
I agree with euthanasia. One of the biggest reasons why i advocate it is; if a person is terminally ill, and going to die anyway, why not let them do it in the way they best see fit?. Much has been said (especially by the catholic church) about the drawbacks and negative aspects of euthanasia, such as relatives using it for their own gain, or a patient being forced into it. But i personally would rather have a quick, humane death than to slowly rot away.
Same here, I think.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 15th, 2005 at 07:54pm
don't prolong the inevitable.
it's not even inhumane.
Angelstars
Geek
Angelstars
November 21st, 2005 at 06:31pm
I agree with it. I had to watch my baby rabbit dying slowly from a broken back and knew that the vet would give him euthanasia...people cannot be so lucky. If I knew I was dying and was in immense pain then I would ask for it. I've heard my neighnour screaming through the wall from cancer, I know she would have wanted to be given euthanasia but she suffered till the end, tearing her hair out. That is not humane.
Rainbows in the Dark
Idiot
Rainbows in the Dark

Blog
December 13th, 2005 at 07:05pm
I think it should be allowed because if a person has a right to live shouldn't they have a right to die if they really want to? If a person is in so much pain physically or mentally that they want to end their own life but they are not able they should be allowed to be administered euthanasia. I think it isn't the government's place to interfere and with the whole Terri Schiavo thing it was the word of her husband vs. the word of her parents and the governments. She wasn't able to give her own opinion so they weren't able to make a clear decision.
geekoll
Geek
geekoll
December 14th, 2005 at 11:59am
They should get to choose. Becasue if they don't really have a life anyway because their ill then maybe there is no point in carying on a life.
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Falling In Love With The Board
Mike's Demonic Daunter
December 28th, 2005 at 03:55pm
If they are so terminal, and they don't have any hope, then I'm just... all go. I guess.
Yeah, it would be hard to watch a family member go through that, but it's their choice.
Kiru
Geek
Kiru
December 29th, 2005 at 08:53pm
I gotta go with all those other people that say it depends on whether or not the person wants to die.

And if they're in their right mind.
I mean, if they're sick and it's messing up their head, you might want to ignore their "kill me" pleas.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
August 3rd, 2006 at 01:09pm
if they are terminally ill, and in serious pain, yeah i agree. its for the best. whats worse: to die slowly and painfully but 'morally', or to die quicky and relatively painlessly in a way that perhaps some might not agree with? I'd choose the first one in that situation.
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
I_Wanna_B_The_Minority
August 3rd, 2006 at 03:46pm
i think a person should be given the chance on whether or not they would like euthanasia.
if there terminally ill i think its not fair keeping them alive to slowly die... i know id prefer euthanasia and do it all how id like
Simone
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Simone
October 23rd, 2006 at 09:08pm
i am all for it, if i was extremely ill and was just going to continue suffering until i passed away i would like to be euthanised. why would any want to or want to see someone else just suffer away knowing there was nothing they could do about. of course there would need to be some restrictions set on what condition they had to be in before they can be euthanised but i don't see why it can't be done. if we do it to animals without any hesitations than why not humans.

whilst some people may not want to because of religious beliefs or simply not wanting to lose the loved one, we simply have to think of what is best for the individual involved.

i would definantely want go before i suffered the indignity and caused emotional pain for others of having me lying in a bed not being able to do anything at all and just wasting away.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 28th, 2006 at 06:05am
I'm for it if it has been requested. If the person has never mentioned it, or it has never been documented then they should let them live.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 28th, 2006 at 06:59am
Mike's Demonic Daunter:
If they are so terminal, and they don't have any hope, then I'm just... all go. I guess.
Yeah, it would be hard to watch a family member go through that, but it's their choice.
I dont think its all about hope. If you are dying and there si no cure you can have all the hope you want, but that wont help you. I think eveyrone should be able to choose. If you can die in less pain and at least with more dignity [not saying that its an important thing, but the I think others should remember the person they loved die with less pain, not being tortured till death. Yes, there is always a chance that somebody else wanted euthanasia for personal favour, thats why people should be alowed to choose, of course with a sence mind.
Jesus_of_surburbia_74
Jesus_of_surburbia_74

Blog
October 28th, 2006 at 07:39am
I think that if the person who is dying should have the choice on what to do, or have given there concent beforehand then it should be allowed
Register