Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 10th, 2005 at 02:04pm
I'll argue once some retard comes on with anti-Bush antics
hail_king_billie
Jackass
hail_king_billie
June 10th, 2005 at 05:12pm
welll i like the quote bombing for peace is like shagging for virginty!!
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 10th, 2005 at 06:00pm
I dissagree with the war because it was badly thought out and could have been done in a more peaceful and cheaper way... Although parts of Farenheight 9/11 are quite intresting, it wasn't exacly truthful. I don't like Bush or Blair at all but I've thought thought that for ages.
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
June 11th, 2005 at 07:29am
Valid war or not, i think it was quite...mind-boggling to be alive for it, and to watch all the main events on t.v. and stuff. Especially when the statue of Saddam was pulled down. I think it was pretty cool that so many people were motivated by it... so in that respect one could say it was a tiny weeny good thing because of the sort of publicity it got. However generally war is not a good thing, even when its supposed to be liberating the people of the country being invaded.
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd)
Jackass
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd)
June 11th, 2005 at 09:22am
Ok, I'm probably really wrong, but isn't america only run by one person (bush) as opposed to the UK (sorry this is where im from so i naturally know more about it) where we have political parties deciding on the country? I know Blair gets the final say on things, but I can't help thinking if america had the same rules, the War would have been more thought over and organised.

Also, I believe Bush should have listened to the general american public before he'd made up his mind about the war.

I'm not going to be all "Bush is a twat, etc etc" because I don't know him- however I think if I did we wouldn't really get along too well, if you get my drift.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 11th, 2005 at 11:24am
I think there wasn't enough planning for the war, and even though in war, people do die...but fighting for something that never existed was stupid. Saying that, if the weapons had actually existed, then it might have all turned out differently...but they werent, so it hasn't
GangControl
Jackass
GangControl
June 11th, 2005 at 11:26am
America has congress... which is a bit like our house of commons, and i think the majority of congress is the opposing party. All laws go through congress. They have senators from the opposing party aswell. Thats what i got from history lessons anyways.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 11th, 2005 at 02:28pm
we dont learn that in our school....
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
June 11th, 2005 at 04:41pm
rock00chick:
I think there wasn't enough planning for the war, and even though in war, people do die...but fighting for something that never existed was stupid. Saying that, if the weapons had actually existed, then it might have all turned out differently...but they werent, so it hasn't
Saddam had already killed thousands, so whether he had bombs or not should have been irrelavent, and there wasn't any circumstantial evidence, but anyone with knowledge of Saddam's actions and a common sense knows he did
asphinctersayswhat
Idiot
asphinctersayswhat
June 11th, 2005 at 04:42pm
rock00chick:

exactly, i think the attitude toward the thing was like 'they bombed us so that gives us a good reason to go to war' And its so stupid, its like WHY are we even over there anymore, and the sad thing is about the whole war/bush & co. is that the majority (maybe not, but a ton of people, more than 51 perecent) have no idea whats going on. I believe that is why my parents voted republican, because they didnt know about whats going on. They just did because they had before.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 11th, 2005 at 07:01pm
spill_no_sick:
rock00chick:
Saddam had already killed thousands, so whether he had bombs or not should have been irrelavent, and there wasn't any circumstantial evidence, but anyone with knowledge of Saddam's actions and a common sense knows he did

i understand that, im saying they shouldn't have used that as a reason to go to war...bringing down saddam's regime (sp?) was good enough in my books, because he killed, tortured and raped so many, it was horrific...
the chinese ruler did the same and no one really did anything about it though...
asphinctersayswhat
Idiot
asphinctersayswhat
June 11th, 2005 at 09:03pm
rock00chick:
spill_no_sick:
rock00chick:

i understand that, im saying they shouldn't have used that as a reason to go to war...bringing down saddam's regime (sp?) was good enough in my books, because he killed, tortured and raped so many, it was horrific...
the chinese ruler did the same and no one really did anything about it though...

that is because we need the middle east for the oil. i think if it was anyone else that did no harm, but had, or suposedvly had, weapons of mass destruction, we wouldnt do much.

Yea, and do we need to start a war just to take one guy and his goons out?
all_by_myself
all_by_myself
June 11th, 2005 at 11:14pm
Killing more people isn't the answer, if Bush was smart he would try to hurt them by stopping the puying of oil.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 12th, 2005 at 06:25am
minoritypossemember1:
rock00chick:
spill_no_sick:
rock00chick:

that is because we need the middle east for the oil. i think if it was anyone else that did no harm, but had, or suposedvly had, weapons of mass destruction, we wouldnt do much.

Yea, and do we need to start a war just to take one guy and his goons out?

but surely it should be the welfare of the people we should be looking at when the war had started, not the fact that we need oil, which will run out anyway...
and we obviously need to start a war because there had been attemps to stop him before that and it failed...it was the last resort and maybe they didnt go about it the best way, but it was their last resort...they bombed america and killed americans, and they had been killing their own people for many years before that, and if that isn't a good enough reason to bring saddam down then what is?
basketcase17
basketcase17
June 12th, 2005 at 06:36am
Surley people could find a way to get rid of saddam, who is human scum, killing all those people, without bombing incocent Iraq women and children.
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 12th, 2005 at 06:37am
they've tried, but it failed...
basketcase17
basketcase17
June 12th, 2005 at 06:46am
Well i think thats pathetic, they should try harder, its people's lives we are talking about.
Armageddon_Flame
Geek
Armageddon_Flame
June 12th, 2005 at 06:49am
my uncle was going to come home from Iraq, then Bush got re-elected, so he's there till god knows when

he didn't get to even come home to see his fourth son being born Sad
<3Romance<3
Jackass
<3Romance<3
June 12th, 2005 at 07:23am
I wonder if any of you guys listens to the news... Cause before the war in Iraq, you didn't hear anything of that country. And isn't there a quote that says: no news, good news? But since the war in Iraq, there are every day bomb assassins and suicidecommando's. Was the war such a good idea then?
And the arguments made by Bush aren't correct either. There are bombs which can destroy an entire country. No way, there were no bombs in Iraq. Why did Bush want to start a war? Because of the simple reason named OIL! That's all. That is the only reason why Bush wanted Saddam out of his sight. Ok, I'm not saying Saddam was a holy person, cause he isn't, he was an awful dictator. But looking at Bush and then at Saddam, well, I'm starting to see some resemblances. I don't even want to know what's happening at Guantanamo. Tortures, maybe... Isn't that what Saddam also did when he had Iraq in his power?

I think that starting the war in Iraq wasn't a good idea. Bush just wanted to reach the point that his father never reached.
asphinctersayswhat
Idiot
asphinctersayswhat
June 12th, 2005 at 09:55am
lilrebel:
I wonder if any of you guys listens to the news... Cause before the war in Iraq, you didn't hear anything of that country. And isn't there a quote that says: no news, good news? But since the war in Iraq, there are every day bomb assassins and suicidecommando's. Was the war such a good idea then?
And the arguments made by Bush aren't correct either. There are bombs which can destroy an entire country. No way, there were no bombs in Iraq. Why did Bush want to start a war? Because of the simple reason named OIL! That's all. That is the only reason why Bush wanted Saddam out of his sight. Ok, I'm not saying Saddam was a holy person, cause he isn't, he was an awful dictator. But looking at Bush and then at Saddam, well, I'm starting to see some resemblances. I don't even want to know what's happening at Guantanamo. Tortures, maybe... Isn't that what Saddam also did when he had Iraq in his power?

I think that starting the war in Iraq wasn't a good idea. Bush just wanted to reach the point that his father never reached.

Just because you dont hear about it in the new doesnt mean dictators are harming people and their, and other, countries. And yes oil is very improtant (think about the economy, think about gas = 10 dollars a gallon, think about the trucking, we couldnt get our products from one side of the country to another, etc. etc.) but its not the only reason bush wanted saddam out of there. Saddam wasnt following some agreement we had with him from te gulf war and bush wanted him gone because he was afraid saddam was going to do something bad again.

I think, im confused because my dad tried to explain it to me yesterday. and he messed with my head... Rolling Eyes
Register