AuthorMessage
pet_da_panda
Jackass
pet_da_panda
July 20th, 2005 at 06:26pm
greendayscumbag:
My advice is:

DO NOT PLAY WITH A METRONOME!

you can use it for the first month or so but you could become reliant on it and may be unable to play without it, which ain't good if you're gigging, its hard enough to hear yourself under the guitars so it will be impossible to hear the ticking.

Just count out loud, you'll sound like a dumbass shouting out numbers but it will get drummed (excuse the punn) into you're head instead of tick tick tick.

-Pet_da_panda-

Using a metronome can give you a good sense of rythm which is good for drummers! You need to know how fast to play on certain songs. Some are slow, some are fast, some change. A metronome can give you a good sense of rythm. And I disagree. People dont become relient on the metronome. After using it for a long time, it keeps that beat in your head.
i think metronomes put you off when they are drumming and make you lose place, so practice counting aloud at first and then into yourself, it will become common knowledge in time and allow to become more versatile with beats.
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
July 20th, 2005 at 10:07pm
greendayscumbag:
Avantidrummer:
Does anyone know System of a Downs song 'Mr Jack'? If so, can any of the drummers play the syncopated drum part at the beggining of the song?

Is it tabs you're looking for?

If so, theres some here http://mxtabs.net/tab_versions.php?path=Drums,s,3204,System+Of+A+Down,Mr.+Jack,139579

I've only heard the song a few times so im not that firmiliar with it, but the tabs look pretty straight forward (if they're right that is). It would take a bit of practice though.

Thanks for that -
choxie<3
Geek
choxie<3
July 21st, 2005 at 01:13am
does anyone have a pic of a drum set with a front, side and back view? it might make it easier to find out which is which. yea i need some help too
choxie<3
Geek
choxie<3
July 21st, 2005 at 01:19am

heers some picks. can someone point out the different drums?
greendayscumbag
Idiot
greendayscumbag
July 21st, 2005 at 02:56am
Sorry they're kinda small, i donno why they went like that so i hope you can read it.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/jackassollie/67b3e72a.bmp
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a190/jackassollie/drum2.bmp
choxie<3
Geek
choxie<3
July 22nd, 2005 at 04:04am
greendayscumbag:
Sorry they're kinda small, i donno why they went like that so i hope you can read it.

omg thnx so much
greendayscumbag
Idiot
greendayscumbag
July 22nd, 2005 at 03:01pm
heart-grenade:
greendayscumbag:

omg thnx so much

No problem, i hope you understood it.
Basketcase463
King For A Couple Of Days
Basketcase463
August 6th, 2005 at 12:48am
woot! im looking at drum sets tomorrow and i might finally get it! Smile
The Cool
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
The Cool
August 6th, 2005 at 06:23am
Most of all have fun, enjoy it... don't start drumming thinking "oh god i have to learn drums and kick ass like Tre" that ain't gonna help you. <- This is what I did. AND NOW I DO ROCK. Heh, but not without practice. Also, twenty minutes a day? I practice for two hours a day, or more. But then again, I guess you should start small. I don't remember there being a time where I didn't play my drums for more than an hour a day.
lloyd dobler
Falling In Love With The Board
lloyd dobler
August 6th, 2005 at 06:32am
Get a metronome, dammit! It helps A LOT!!

And. Practice half an hour if you aren't that bothered. Oh yeah.
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
August 6th, 2005 at 12:30pm
.Beh:
Get a metronome, dammit! It helps A LOT!!

And. Practice half an hour if you aren't that bothered. Oh yeah.
whats a metronome?
dont make fun of me lol, ive never played before lol
greendayscumbag
Idiot
greendayscumbag
August 7th, 2005 at 04:54pm
A metronome is this thing that constantly ticks at regular intervals.... to "help" you keep your timing.

Personally i think they are shit, its better to learn counting on your own, because if you cant count while palying or you cant play drums without a metronome then there aint no point in playing drums... thats the whole basis in playing drums, keeping timing and keeping the beat.

metronomes are shit!
hitchin'aridetoparadise
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
hitchin'aridetoparadise
August 7th, 2005 at 07:50pm
don't get a metronome you'll end up like always needing it. it may take longer to get really good at keeping time by yourslef but it's better and eiser in the long run
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
August 8th, 2005 at 12:53am
o i dont want one then, it sounds annoying i can count by myself i'll be fine, but listen to this lol, me my mom and my dad went to guitar center to get my drums two days ago, and my mom started freaking out because they were expensive, and wouldnt let us get them, so we went in the car and she told me she really doesnt want me to get the drums because im a girl! i was like wtf, and she was like 'drums arent something girls should be doing' and she said if i wanted them i'd have to pay for them myself, but my dad and me discussed it with her, so now we have a stupid compromise thing, im going to move my bedroom into our computer room downstairs, but my mom is gonna design my new room however she wants (oh god!) and the drums, computer my air hockey table and random shit will go in my old room upstairs that i can decorate myself, but the only way i can get my drums now is if i let my mom decorate my room, its gonna be so ugly but i guess its worth it.
sry im sure i just bored you with a pointless story, but i just kinda felt like talking about it lol
greendayscumbag
Idiot
greendayscumbag
August 8th, 2005 at 10:58pm
Basketcase463:
o i dont want one then, it sounds annoying i can count by myself i'll be fine, but listen to this lol, me my mom and my dad went to guitar center to get my drums two days ago, and my mom started freaking out because they were expensive, and wouldnt let us get them, so we went in the car and she told me she really doesnt want me to get the drums because im a girl! i was like wtf, and she was like 'drums arent something girls should be doing' and she said if i wanted them i'd have to pay for them myself, but my dad and me discussed it with her, so now we have a stupid compromise thing, im going to move my bedroom into our computer room downstairs, but my mom is gonna design my new room however she wants (oh god!) and the drums, computer my air hockey table and random shit will go in my old room upstairs that i can decorate myself, but the only way i can get my drums now is if i let my mom decorate my room, its gonna be so ugly but i guess its worth it.
sry im sure i just bored you with a pointless story, but i just kinda felt like talking about it lol

lol, that "drums arent something girls should be doing thing" made me laugh... mums are weird sometimes, my mum loves the fact that i play drums, she even wants me to teach her, but i dont have the patience.

Let your mum decorate your room and then just stick shitloads of posters everywhere.
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
August 9th, 2005 at 02:57pm
greendayscumbag:
Basketcase463:

lol, that "drums arent something girls should be doing thing" made me laugh... mums are weird sometimes, my mum loves the fact that i play drums, she even wants me to teach her, but i dont have the patience.

Let your mum decorate your room and then just stick shitloads of posters everywhere.
she doesnt want posters on "the freshly painted walls" i have to leave all my posters in my old room upstairs
Bamf!
Jackass
Bamf!
August 9th, 2005 at 08:21pm
Well....you need to learn how to keep a steady beat. Thats definatly important. If you need to start with a metrinome. It sure helped me. I also have had lessons. Don' t get to carried away and have fun with it! Very Happy
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
August 9th, 2005 at 11:03pm
i thought the mtronome thing was bad Eh
greendayscumbag
Idiot
greendayscumbag
August 10th, 2005 at 06:53pm
Basketcase463:

its not a "bad" thing, its just that its better to learn counting by yourself. Like i said you can use a metronome for the first month or so, but you NEED to learn to count by yourself, and you can become reliant on a metronome and not be able to play without it which is not good.

I personally don't like them. but to each his own.
Basketcase463
Basketcase463
August 10th, 2005 at 10:44pm
greendayscumbag:
Basketcase463:

its not a "bad" thing, its just that its better to learn counting by yourself. Like i said you can use a metronome for the first month or so, but you NEED to learn to count by yourself, and you can become reliant on a metronome and not be able to play without it which is not good.

I personally don't like them. but to each his own.
well i can already play part of bobd without it so i guess im fine
Register