AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
August 5th, 2005 at 07:59pm
littlelessthansuicide:
spill_no_sick:
bah, I'm disrespecting the law, not the country

trying to turn our country into another Canadia by just saying "screw justice, let's meet half way" is disrespecting the country

*glares at John Kerry*
(why won't he just move to Canadia? they'd like him there)
don't make senseless political jabs at john kerry during a debate. thats called a logical fallacy.
the country makes the laws, i'm not seeing how you logically seperate them.
and its canada...not canadia. you were joking, right?

I wasn't jabbing, I think he'd make an excellent political person in Canadia (I just like to say it that way)
and the laws are of the country, people made the law,
ace.
Idiot
ace.
August 5th, 2005 at 08:03pm
spill_no_sick:
littlelessthansuicide:
spill_no_sick:

trying to turn our country into another Canadia by just saying "screw justice, let's meet half way" is disrespecting the country

*glares at John Kerry*
don't make senseless political jabs at john kerry during a debate. thats called a logical fallacy.

I wasn't jabbing, I think he'd make an excellent political person in Canadia (I just like to say it that way)

i see, i was unaware you were so genuine in your support for john kerry's political career in canada.

last thing i'm going to say, laws are made by the people, and in this infamous democracy, the people are technically the country. we make it, we decide it, we are the united states.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
August 5th, 2005 at 08:13pm
littlelessthansuicide:
spill_no_sick:
littlelessthansuicide:
spill_no_sick:

*glares at John Kerry*

i see, i was unaware you were so genuine in your support for john kerry's political career in canada.

last thing i'm going to say, laws are made by the people, and in this infamous democracy, the people are technically the country. we make it, we decide it, we are the united states.
well it's really impossible to define this country other than "great", we all see it different, I see it on the last country to not give up on justice, you see it as its inhabitants
*-StiLL heRe waiTiNG-*
Jackass
*-StiLL heRe waiTiNG-*
August 5th, 2005 at 08:22pm
I don't think that the drinking age, 18 or 21, really matters. Even now with the drinking age being 21, you still have 16-20 year olds drinking and driving, and there are still those people that cant even drive yet and are drinking. No matter what the drinking age is, you're always going to have all the underage drinking. I think that it should stay 21, becuase if it were 18, you're just putting even more irresponsible drivers out there.

My dad was 20 something and was killed in a drunk driving accident, and the driver and him weren't underage. With lowering the drinking age, your going to be having even more accidents on top of the ones that are casused by older drinkers.
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
Jackass
Spiral Out..Keep Going..
August 5th, 2005 at 08:29pm
well in England it's legal to drink alcohol in your own home at the age of 5
you can have a cider in a pub with a meal at the age of 14
to buy alcohol you have to be 18

I think it should be 16 not 18, but I think the 2 other parts to the law are about right
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2005 at 09:56pm
i'm not 18 and i drink, no one i know waited for to be 18 before they drank.

The reason it is so high is to try and stop kids drinking, no matter what you say it works.

drinking age = 18, kids will drink at 15. But if drinking age was 16, kids would drink at 12.

The reason for it being 21 in the states is i believe to try and stop teenage drink driving. when you young you still haven't mastered driving so even if you under the legal limit for drink driving you would still be affected by acohol.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2005 at 09:58pm
destiny_is_dead:
well in England it's legal to drink alcohol in your own home at the age of 5
you can have a cider in a pub with a meal at the age of 14
to buy alcohol you have to be 18

I think it should be 16 not 18, but I think the 2 other parts to the law are about right

that's changed now. In a pub you have to be 16, with an adult and having you drink with a meal.

under no circumstance can you have an alcopop.
Gillian
King For A Couple Of Days
Gillian
August 5th, 2005 at 10:47pm
I think, if "they" think you're responsible enough to get married and have sex, you should be responsible enough to drink alcohol. 16 is a good age for everything.

If your parents let you have a little to drink every so often when you're younger, you get used to drink and it doesn't become a big thing. Therefore you learn to take some only when you want it, and not overindulge.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 5th, 2005 at 11:44pm
how about this,

i agree with the liscensing of acholhol, but itd be the same, you just get someone whos liscensed to buy you a pack. one buddy in your group gets it, the guys give him the money, and he gets beer for everyone. FAULT.

beer is bad, but i think its ok to drink it on special occasions.
WriteMeOff
Geek
WriteMeOff
August 5th, 2005 at 11:45pm
spill_no_sick:
GreenDayIsBetter:
*unwanted*:
well, does the law make any difference at all?
I've been drinking since I was like 13, I have no problem to get a friend of my to buy or I can just buy it myself..

and that's just stupid. what does a 13-year old need with alcohol? that's reeaally bad for your body.
what thirteen year old hasn't had it?

Erm, Me!
WriteMeOff
Geek
WriteMeOff
August 5th, 2005 at 11:48pm
littlelessthansuicide:
spill_no_sick:
littlelessthansuicide:
spill_no_sick:

*glares at John Kerry*

We aren't a Democracy, we are a Republic. Look it up.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 5th, 2005 at 11:50pm
um, no, were a democracy. but the government is filled with republicans
Mike's Demonic Daunter
Mike's Demonic Daunter
August 6th, 2005 at 12:17am
i dont care much about the drinking age.
ace.
Idiot
ace.
August 6th, 2005 at 12:22am
Furi:
littlelessthansuicide:
spill_no_sick:
littlelessthansuicide:
spill_no_sick:

*glares at John Kerry*

We aren't a Democracy, we are a Republic. Look it up.

"The United States of America—also referred to as the United States, the USA, the US, America, the States (colloquially), and Columbia (poetically)—is a democratic, federal republic of 50 states." - en.wikipedia.org

DEMOCRATIC federal republic, which means the majority of decisions are made by the citizens. federal republic simply means that there are self-governing states, who do not, in the end, have ultimate power.

look it up.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 6th, 2005 at 12:35am
spill_no_sick:

*glares at John Kerry*
WE HAVE ENOUGH SHITTY BORING POLITICAINS ON OUR HANDS!!! Do you think we'd welcome him?!?! God he's even more boring that Paul Martin himself. And that's saying something. And it's not like we Canadians are disrespecting our country anyways. Lord knows that we've been through enough that we can't be disrespected anymore.
WriteMeOff
Geek
WriteMeOff
August 6th, 2005 at 12:38am
Wow, snappy. If its not a Republic my Social Studies teacher needs to go back to college........which I find slightly disturbing....
ace.
Idiot
ace.
August 6th, 2005 at 12:57am
Furi:
Wow, snappy. If its not a Republic my Social Studies teacher needs to go back to college........which I find slightly disturbing....

perhaps your teacher just forgot to say "democratic federal republic"
In Between Dreams
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
In Between Dreams
August 7th, 2005 at 01:08am
Do you people have any idea how many accidents and deaths are caused by DUI? How many deaths that have happened by binge drinking? I know that there are a lot of mature people out there who know how to handle alcohol, and its sad how a bunch of idiots have to spoil it for all of us. But lowering the age will make it all worse.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 7th, 2005 at 01:13am
In Between Dreams:
Do you people have any idea how many accidents and deaths are caused by DUI? How many deaths that have happened by binge drinking? I know that there are a lot of mature people out there who know how to handle alcohol, and its sad how a bunch of idiots have to spoil it for all of us. But lowering the age will make it all worse.

alcohol is horrible, period. but its one of those things you should be able to have for celebration, like a cigar.
HappilySuicidal
Geek
HappilySuicidal
August 7th, 2005 at 01:48pm
i dont think it matters that you body is not mature enough for alcohol and i think 21 is rediculouce if they trust you with a vote and the fucher of your country how can they not trust you with alcohol and your own fucher(soz bout the spelling). if you are classed as an adult at 18 you should not have any restrictions on your actions. you are old enough to make mistakes and take the consiquenses if thats only a hangover or a night you dont remeber and waking up in hospital.
Register