The Clash

AuthorMessage
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 17th, 2006 at 11:28am
Anji:
SISOSIG was playing in art class today. My friend's iPod, we're thankfully allowed to listen and bully anyone else who wants to put on their own music. (Yeah, that's pretty ignorant.) Anyways, our teacher started singing along which always scares the shit out of my. He's one of those teachers who thinks he's so cool because he knows the old songs we listen to and sings along, even though he's a complete bastard, but hey, it's our music time, not his. So whenever we have David Bowie or Billy Joel or the Sex Pistols or the Dead Kennedys or the Clash or the Buzzcocks or almost everything in class, he's always singing along and it makes me want to shove my silk screen down his throat.
Good choice of music. Yeah, when teachers try to be hip, that scares the shit outta me too. I am impressed that people in your class even listened to that stuff. It could never happen in my class.
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
October 17th, 2006 at 12:17pm
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
Good choice of music. Yeah, when teachers try to be hip, that scares the shit outta me too. I am impressed that people in your class even listened to that stuff. It could never happen in my class.

my tech teacher (he does karate) made us bring in CD covers to analyse & copy the graphics off of etc. so i brought in the clash & his reply was:
"Oh yes, the clash, an old band... oh i went to see them... 20 eyars ago maybe?"

i lost a bit of respect for the clash at that point, ignorant it may be....
Miss Misfit
Geek
Miss Misfit
October 17th, 2006 at 12:47pm
at school I was wearing a The Clash shirt and we have parents that come and help out at lunch and this one freaked out when she saw my shirt and was like "OMG YOU LIKE THE CLASH THATS SO COOL!" I was like O_O "yeah." then she kept going on about how much she liked them and how cool they were.
same with some other parent. Listening to london calling outside. He asked what I was listening to. Showed the CD to him and he freaked out and was like "THAT WAS MY FAVORITE RECORD FOR THE LONGEST TIME!"
the other day I was messing around with my friend and we were hitting each other and that lady was like "HEY CLASH LADY LEAVE HER ALONE!" I was like "What?" and my friend went "What did you call her?"
lmfao
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
October 17th, 2006 at 12:49pm
yeah... i talk to peoples parents all the time about music. people think i'm sad. Cool

one of my friends' mum has a mssive clash collection....
Miss Misfit
Geek
Miss Misfit
October 17th, 2006 at 12:52pm
FightWar,NotWars:
yeah... i talk to peoples parents all the time about music. people think i'm sad. Cool

yeah me and my friend Alex ended up talking to the one guy durning a school carnival thing forever.

my friends that dont listen to the music me and him do think its strange that I talk to older people about music.

He asked how we got into stuff like that
I said my parents which is only partly true becuase my dad hates the clash and my mom does like them, but they arent her favorite.
then he was commenting about my leather jacket.
he was an interesting man...
haha.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 17th, 2006 at 03:22pm
People you at least have someone to talk about your favorite bands. I have absolutely no one and I got into the music I like by myself so I cant steal my parents CDs!
Teenage Graffiti
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Teenage Graffiti
October 17th, 2006 at 09:19pm
i always talk to my boyfriend about music, even though we dont exactly have the same tastes anymore.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
October 18th, 2006 at 03:20pm
[Bittersweet] cant fail:
People you at least have someone to talk about your favorite bands. I have absolutely no one and I got into the music I like by myself so I cant steal my parents CDs!

My dad likes to sing Rock the Casbah to me. Laughing It's pretty funny. But besides that my parents aren't exactly huge fans. My brother is, though, so I have someone to talk to.
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
Geek
xXRootsxRadicalsXx
October 18th, 2006 at 03:28pm
My mom likes the Clash and the Ramones. I grew up on the stuff. When I was 4 or 5 I used to get in trouble for stealing my mom's cd's. Smile
Teenage Graffiti
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Teenage Graffiti
October 18th, 2006 at 07:30pm
my mom's not a fan of the clash, but she doesn't mind them if i bring them in the car to listen to or something, so all is well.
Miss Misfit
Geek
Miss Misfit
October 18th, 2006 at 10:48pm
I just bought a book about the Clash today.
called "A Riot of our own."

its good so far.

When I went the rock n roll hall of fame they had a whole wall full of The Sex Pistols and Clash things.
I saw the bass from london calling... Too cool
and lots of other stuff aswell.
my mom had to practically drag me away from the glass case. she kept going "comeeeeeee onnn Zoooeee!"
I kept saying "HOLD ON!" I was trying to memorize every little detail about the bass.
Rolling Eyes
Miss Misfit
Geek
Miss Misfit
October 18th, 2006 at 10:51pm
my friend thought "rock the casbah" was "fucking the casbah." O_O
and then soming about "omg a thong." in Spanish bombs.
lmfao
brit.
Jackass
brit.
October 19th, 2006 at 04:43am
Shoop Devil Sway . . .:
Girl Anachronism:
A WORN OUT DOUCHE!:
Girl Anachronism:
never heard of them. are they another one of them "emo" bands?

::spits on you::
are you retarded. it was a joke you cunt.

I edited after i read more... fuck head

lovely way to start..

lmfao
brit.
Jackass
brit.
October 19th, 2006 at 04:44am
The Clash are brilliant..
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 19th, 2006 at 05:51am
Miss Misfit:

its good so far.

When I went the rock n roll hall of fame they had a whole wall full of The Sex Pistols and Clash things.
my mom had to practically drag me away from the glass case. she kept going "comeeeeeee onnn Zoooeee!"
I kept saying "HOLD ON!" I was trying to memorize every little detail about the bass.
Rolling Eyes
I SAW IT TOO!!! It's sooooooo cool!!! Like a precious moment in the history of punk rock. And a souvenier too.

You should read Passion is a Fashion by Pat Gilbert if you haven't already. It's absolutely brill.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 19th, 2006 at 06:11am
Miss Misfit:
FightWar,NotWars:

yeah me and my friend Alex ended up talking to the one guy durning a school carnival thing forever.

my friends that dont listen to the music me and him do think its strange that I talk to older people about music.

I said my parents which is only partly true becuase my dad hates the clash and my mom does like them, but they arent her favorite.
haha.
Same, that kind of thing happens all the time. I always used to end up influencing my friends as well when I was younger. I mean I went to about six different schools, and most of my friends say that if they never had met me, they wouldn't be the same person at all. Very Happy It gives me a special, warming, loving feeling inside when people say that.

But not even with other parents, sometimes just complete randoms. Like once in HMV in on Oxford Street, one of the employees was looking at my shirt and suddenly just scream (No joke, he screamed.) 'GBH! Wow! I didn't realise young people still listened to GBH! You have got style!'

And as if that wasn't enough...he turns around yelling at everyone, 'Hey, that girl has got style! I mean, look, GBH! WOW!'

It was pretty embaressing. And then with a Clash shirt, once in Scarbrough, these old people passed me and started to go, 'Hey, a Clash fan, like it's the '70's again!' And started singing London Calling at the top of their lungs.

The sad part about it is that I think most of the people who do this, and like all these bands are usually drunk or high or just very happy when they pass me when I wear my band tees.

But I did get this guy a job once by wearing my Generation X shirt. He was begging for a job at a school and he just got sent outside, so I started talking to him, and he told me about how misfortunate he had been, and how he was in a stroke of bad luck, and nobody would take him even though he had all the right qualifications and there was a shortage of teachers at the school. So I went and asked the head of employment the next day about it, because I felt bad for him, and I was just about to leave, thinking I hadn't done anything to help, when I stood up, the head noticed my Generation X shirt and he said, 'Oh, cool, Generation X...Uh, you know, I'll see what I can do.'

Later the guy go the job he needed. Pretty funny really.Also Another time wearing my Sex Pistols shirt, this guy invited me for dinner, just out of the blue. I had never seen him in my life, we had never met. But now we're friends. He's pretty cool.

So yeah, weird stuff happens when you wear clothes.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 19th, 2006 at 06:15am
Miss Misfit:
at school I was wearing a The Clash shirt and we have parents that come and help out at lunch and this one freaked out when she saw my shirt and was like "OMG YOU LIKE THE CLASH THATS SO COOL!" I was like O_O "yeah." then she kept going on about how much she liked them and how cool they were.
same with some other parent. Listening to london calling outside. He asked what I was listening to. Showed the CD to him and he freaked out and was like "THAT WAS MY FAVORITE RECORD FOR THE LONGEST TIME!"
the other day I was messing around with my friend and we were hitting each other and that lady was like "HEY CLASH LADY LEAVE HER ALONE!" I was like "What?" and my friend went "What did you call her?"
lmfao
Oh my God, same with my The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars CD. Also my record too. Same thing happened with that album and some parent, and she's one of the clingy type who always invites you in for cookies or orange juice. And she's always asking to borrow my David Bowie records, but I'm soooo protective of them, and I don't want to, but she's nice, just clingy, so I feel bad saying no.
Miss Misfit
Geek
Miss Misfit
October 19th, 2006 at 01:14pm
Anji:
Miss Misfit:
FightWar,NotWars:

haha.
Same, that kind of thing happens all the time. I always used to end up influencing my friends as well when I was younger. I mean I went to about six different schools, and most of my friends say that if they never had met me, they wouldn't be the same person at all. Very Happy It gives me a special, warming, loving feeling inside when people say that.

But not even with other parents, sometimes just complete randoms. Like once in HMV in on Oxford Street, one of the employees was looking at my shirt and suddenly just scream (No joke, he screamed.) 'GBH! Wow! I didn't realise young people still listened to GBH! You have got style!'

And as if that wasn't enough...he turns around yelling at everyone, 'Hey, that girl has got style! I mean, look, GBH! WOW!'

It was pretty embaressing. And then with a Clash shirt, once in Scarbrough, these old people passed me and started to go, 'Hey, a Clash fan, like it's the '70's again!' And started singing London Calling at the top of their lungs.

The sad part about it is that I think most of the people who do this, and like all these bands are usually drunk or high or just very happy when they pass me when I wear my band tees.

But I did get this guy a job once by wearing my Generation X shirt. He was begging for a job at a school and he just got sent outside, so I started talking to him, and he told me about how misfortunate he had been, and how he was in a stroke of bad luck, and nobody would take him even though he had all the right qualifications and there was a shortage of teachers at the school. So I went and asked the head of employment the next day about it, because I felt bad for him, and I was just about to leave, thinking I hadn't done anything to help, when I stood up, the head noticed my Generation X shirt and he said, 'Oh, cool, Generation X...Uh, you know, I'll see what I can do.'

Later the guy go the job he needed. Pretty funny really.Also Another time wearing my Sex Pistols shirt, this guy invited me for dinner, just out of the blue. I had never seen him in my life, we had never met. But now we're friends. He's pretty cool.

lmfao

I was at an arts fair once in BG with my friends and I was wearing a sex pistols shirt and I got followed by this older man wearing a The Exploited shirt.
I had seen him around before too.
at a show once he was there and I was wearing my the clash shirt and he kept looking at me. And he was wearing the exploited shirt again.
Shocked
Maybe that is the only thing he owns.
Miss Misfit
Geek
Miss Misfit
October 19th, 2006 at 01:30pm
Anji:
Miss Misfit:

its good so far.

Rolling Eyes
I SAW IT TOO!!! It's sooooooo cool!!! Like a precious moment in the history of punk rock. And a souvenier too.

You should read Passion is a Fashion by Pat Gilbert if you haven't already. It's absolutely brill.

I saw that book, I actaully wanted that one instead of the one I got but I didnt have enough money.
haha...
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
October 19th, 2006 at 01:34pm
Anji:

Wow. Never knew wearing a particular shirt could make such a difference..
Register