RPattz
October 14th, 2005 at 07:46pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
greendayjunkie:
Incubus:
greendayjunkie:
Edge The Penis:
Nomie_Nomz:
I kinda felt sorry for St Jimmy throughout the vid.
Anyone else ?

St. Jimmy and JOS are different characters. You can believe they are the same person..but they are different charcters.

</rant>

no they are the same person!!!!!!!!!

they are the same person, JOS writes St Jimmy on a bathroom wall and then puts a his own hand print under it...why would JOS write someone elses name and do that?

ok in the homecoming song it day Jimmy dies today he blew his brains out in to the bay.. in the state of mind it my OWN PRIVATE suicide.. saying the death of St Jimmy in his mind... sorry i had to point that out!!!
and i think the vid is great so people should stop bitching

I think people should say their opinions...maybe that's just me in my crazy little world though...

And the acting is quite good. Very Happy

when i say bitching i mean about how long you actually see green day in it.. the vid isnt about them it is about the story
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
October 14th, 2005 at 07:46pm
Edge The Penis:
Flaming Phalanges!:
greendayjunkie:
Incubus:
greendayjunkie:
Edge The Penis:
Nomie_Nomz:
Anyone else ?

St. Jimmy and JOS are different characters. You can believe they are the same person..but they are different charcters.

</rant>

they are the same person, JOS writes St Jimmy on a bathroom wall and then puts a his own hand print under it...why would JOS write someone elses name and do that?

ok in the homecoming song it day Jimmy dies today he blew his brains out in to the bay.. in the state of mind it my OWN PRIVATE suicide.. saying the death of St Jimmy in his mind... sorry i had to point that out!!!

I think people should say their opinions...maybe that's just me in my crazy little world though...

Yay!! Thank you. That's something my friend and I have been wondering.

And as for mine opinion, I'm partical to both theories..cause in some ways, St. Jimmy could be a spearate person and in some ways he could be another side of JOS. I can see it either way.

I think it was meant to be like that, so you can form your own conclusion.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
October 14th, 2005 at 07:49pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Edge The Penis:
Flaming Phalanges!:
greendayjunkie:
Incubus:
greendayjunkie:
Edge The Penis:
Nomie_Nomz:
Anyone else ?

</rant>

And as for mine opinion, I'm partical to both theories..cause in some ways, St. Jimmy could be a spearate person and in some ways he could be another side of JOS. I can see it either way.

Billie was kind enough to let us make up the ending Very Happy
another_girl_called_kill
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
another_girl_called_kill
October 14th, 2005 at 07:50pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Edge The Penis:
Flaming Phalanges!:
greendayjunkie:
Incubus:
greendayjunkie:
Edge The Penis:
Nomie_Nomz:
Anyone else ?

</rant>

I LOVE THE way its ambigious it allows the song (and the whole album) to have greater meaning, and not be told how to view it.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
October 14th, 2005 at 07:50pm
*Blue Star*:
Flaming Phalanges!:
Edge The Penis:
Flaming Phalanges!:
greendayjunkie:
Incubus:
greendayjunkie:
Edge The Penis:
Nomie_Nomz:
Anyone else ?

</rant>

Billie was kind enough to let us make up the ending Very Happy

Yes! Bless his heart! *pats his head*
Sunset Veins
Sunset Veins
October 14th, 2005 at 07:52pm
I'm in the US. I hate it.
No video premieres until forever after other countries. -_-
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
October 14th, 2005 at 07:54pm
You get all the films first though. So you know.

It's just cos Green Day are madly in love with the brits cos we can make decent beer.
Sunset Veins
Sunset Veins
October 14th, 2005 at 07:56pm
Flaming Phalanges!:

It's just cos Green Day are madly in love with the brits cos we can make decent beer.

That is true. But still ...
another_girl_called_kill
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
another_girl_called_kill
October 14th, 2005 at 07:57pm
Flaming Phalanges!:

HELL YEA!
Drop a heart Break a name
Geek
Drop a heart Break a name
October 14th, 2005 at 07:59pm
Us aussies see stuff before the Americans but I don't know if we see it before the British... for example we saw WMUWSE like a month or two.. Oh yay! video hits is playing Good Riddance ^_^ woot
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
October 14th, 2005 at 07:59pm
Brits rock. No denying it. WE CAN DO FISH AND CHIPS LIKE NO TOMORROW!
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
October 14th, 2005 at 08:01pm
Drop a heart Break a name:
Us aussies see stuff before the Americans but I don't know if we see it before the British... for example we saw WMUWSE like a month or two.. Oh yay! video hits is playing Good Riddance ^_^ woot

The wmuwse video came out over here in may I think. I remember the actual single was released on my Mum's birthday which was June 21st...I don't even know what the point to all this is..
St. Jimmy Jazz
St. Jimmy Jazz
October 14th, 2005 at 08:01pm
Flaming Phalanges!:

Very true...
American beer: Rigo
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
October 14th, 2005 at 08:03pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Brits rock. No denying it. WE CAN DO FISH AND CHIPS LIKE NO TOMORROW!

wouldnt fucking disagree there
another_girl_called_kill
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
another_girl_called_kill
October 14th, 2005 at 08:04pm
so who here has actually seen the video...just the brits?
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
October 14th, 2005 at 08:06pm
Yeah. Know why? Cos Green Day love us.
Sammie
Idiot
Sammie
October 14th, 2005 at 08:06pm
another_girl_called_kill:
Flaming Phalanges!:

HELL YEA!

So true!!

but in my own oppinion....and therefore let the rant begin

> JoS and SJ are the same person

>JoS is fed up of being who he is and invents this person called St Jimmy. Here he can be who he wants to be and do what he wants. He leaves to create a "New life" with SJ

>With SJ JoS can so anything he wants and SJ leadds him down this path of self destruction and allows him to someone else.

>but this doesnt mean its the right thing.

>Sooner or later JoS realises hes fooked up a little and realises that hes made a massive mistake and inside he realiese its not him.

>"Jimmy dies today he blew his brains out into the bay in a state of mind its my own private suicide" here he realises hes wrong and this isnt who he is so he abandons his "new life" and goes back hoem to be who he weas before.

end rant

well thats just what I think.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
October 14th, 2005 at 08:07pm
so who here has actually seen the video...just the brits?

yup just us.. it has a british kind of feel to it aswell he kinda looks like sid/billie haha
another_girl_called_kill
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
another_girl_called_kill
October 14th, 2005 at 08:08pm
Sammie:
Flaming Phalanges!:

HELL YEA!

So true!!

but in my own oppinion....and therefore let the rant begin

> JoS and SJ are the same person

>JoS is fed up of being who he is and invents this person called St Jimmy. Here he can be who he wants to be and do what he wants. He leaves to create a "New life" with SJ

>With SJ JoS can so anything he wants and SJ leadds him down this path of self destruction and allows him to someone else.

>but this doesnt mean its the right thing.

>Sooner or later JoS realises hes fooked up a little and realises that hes made a massive mistake and inside he realiese its not him.

>"Jimmy dies today he blew his brains out into the bay in a state of mind its my own private suicide" here he realises hes wrong and this isnt who he is so he abandons his "new life" and goes back hoem to be who he weas before.

end rant

well thats just what I think.

and thats totally what i think. im just confused - wha kind of character is Jimmy is JoS is a major rebelious punk?
Expressway To Yr Skull
Expressway To Yr Skull
October 14th, 2005 at 08:08pm
FOR FUCKS SAKE I WANT TO SEE IT!
Register