AuthorMessage
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 05:36pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
franzi:
ok. i dont think there is a topic on this already.. so.. what do you think about graffiti/vandalism and how does it effect you/your community?

Graffiti and vandalism can be good, or bad. It all depends on how it is used.

If you're looking for a good time (and you somehow find this ammusing) and you go out spraypaint some random idiocy oor art onto someone's hosue, or steal from a small business, this is wrong.

However, I believe graffiti and vandalism taken against big corproations and other harmful organizations, such as Republican or, to a lesser extent, Democrat meeting headquarters, or a lab experimenting on animals, is vital to the establishment of a better world. THe government is not on your side in these issues, and indirect actions to change the law will rarely work.
It is up to people to do it themselves. Remember, liberty grows from the ground up.
Lab expermenting on animals? You're telling me a rat is more important than a little girl dying of lukemia?

So, say a higher species than us came into the world. You'd be ok with them experimenting on and eventually killing you to save their own?

There are other ways. If humans want to save themselves, experiment on humans.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 8th, 2006 at 05:41pm
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
franzi:
ok. i dont think there is a topic on this already.. so.. what do you think about graffiti/vandalism and how does it effect you/your community?

If you're looking for a good time (and you somehow find this ammusing) and you go out spraypaint some random idiocy oor art onto someone's hosue, or steal from a small business, this is wrong.

However, I believe graffiti and vandalism taken against big corproations and other harmful organizations, such as Republican or, to a lesser extent, Democrat meeting headquarters, or a lab experimenting on animals, is vital to the establishment of a better world. THe government is not on your side in these issues, and indirect actions to change the law will rarely work.
It is up to people to do it themselves. Remember, liberty grows from the ground up.
Lab expermenting on animals? You're telling me a rat is more important than a little girl dying of lukemia?

So, say a higher species than us came into the world. You'd be ok with them experimenting on and eventually killing you to save their own?

Higher species has dominace, in our world it is us. Experimenting on people could result in death, and I would much rather have dead dogs than people. I gurantee you that you have taken medicince that was at one time or another tested on animals.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 06:07pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
franzi:

Higher species has dominace, in our world it is us. Experimenting on people could result in death, and I would much rather have dead dogs than people.

Yes, long live race X down with race Y. You dodged the question, would YOU accept it because the higher species has dominace?
I gurantee you that you have taken medicince that was at one time or another tested on animals.

That's nice.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 8th, 2006 at 06:09pm
DistoredMorality:
Yes, long live race X down with race Y. You dodged the question, would YOU accept it because the higher species has dominace?
I gurantee you that you have taken medicince that was at one time or another tested on animals.

That's nice.

Would I really have a say in it? If a higher species came in, they could do whatever they wanted reguardless of what I wanted.

You take the medicine tested on animals, yet you say that it's wrong. Thats hypocritical. This is the wrong thread to talke about that. If you want to talk about animal testing, use that thread.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 06:18pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistoredMorality:

That's nice.

Would I really have a say in it? If a higher species came in, they could do whatever they wanted reguardless of what I wanted.

They may be able to completely own you, but you have a brain, you can TRY to resist. The question is, would try to resist or sit down and accept your fate?

You take the medicine tested on animals, yet you say that it's wrong. Thats hypocritical.

I have to do to survive. My parents will not buy non-animal tested, and they are my source of supply. Legal restrictions on me make it damn near impossible for me to amass enough capital for me to survive on my own, so I have to accept what those that do have the capital give me. I have no choice. I also lack the skill, ability, and knowledge to produce my own drugs.

This is the wrong thread to talke about that. If you want to talk about animal testing, use that thread.

I really don't want to, you brought it up as an issue. I brought it up as a justification for grafitti and vandalism.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
May 8th, 2006 at 07:39pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
strummer92:
yeeeeah but that whole park is annnnnd no one is perfect soo yeah
Oh, well if everyone else vandalised the park, it must be ok. Rolling Eyes
Thats a lame reason. What if Hitlers excuse for slaughtering Jews was, "Oh, no one is perfect!" yeah, he should totally be let off the hook....umm, no.

yeah ok but hitler is a totally totally different situataion so whatever
and no im not doing it cause everyone else is uhg besides i only sprayed once
the other time was with a sharpie

the end
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 8th, 2006 at 08:00pm
strummer92:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
strummer92:
yeeeeah but that whole park is annnnnd no one is perfect soo yeah
Oh, well if everyone else vandalised the park, it must be ok. Rolling Eyes
Thats a lame reason. What if Hitlers excuse for slaughtering Jews was, "Oh, no one is perfect!" yeah, he should totally be let off the hook....umm, no.

yeah ok but hitler is a totally totally different situataion so whatever
and no im not doing it cause everyone else is uhg besides i only sprayed once
the other time was with a sharpie

the end
It was an example, it wasnt ok for him to say no one is perfect, it isnt ok for you. It doest matter if you only do it one, it doesnt make it any less wrong.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
May 8th, 2006 at 08:09pm
i didnt say it what ok for me to say that
xXx depressed_emo xXx
Geek
xXx depressed_emo xXx
May 9th, 2006 at 06:01am
i think picture graffiti is ok depending on where it is.......but i think theres no need for all the "hoodlums" to put there tags everywhere
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
May 15th, 2006 at 01:26am
i don't do graffiti but it's a way of art, some people who have the need to show eveyrbody their creations spray paint it on buildings and so on. sometimes its really annoying when it only has swearwords..but when it's pretty, colourful and nice...i don't mind. i actually like some of the graffiti paintings i've seen...i'm an artist myself but i don't do graffiti.
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2006 at 09:48am
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
franzi:

Higher species has dominace, in our world it is us. Experimenting on people could result in death, and I would much rather have dead dogs than people.

That's nice.

*whistles*
Animal experimentation ended with 6 humans put in a critical condition and are now almost certain to do die in a month or so. One has frostbite. Animal testing does nothing....

anyway back on topic...

I am kinda on the fence with graffitti. It is an expression of freedom of speecha nd stuff but just writing 'I love Whoever' or 'Mad mental young crew 2K6' is just freakin' pointless and destructive...

On the other hand it can take a political or a moral stand if used in the right context.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2006 at 04:53pm
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
franzi:

That's nice.

*whistles*
Animal experimentation ended with 6 humans put in a critical condition and are now almost certain to do die in a month or so. One has frostbite. Animal testing does nothing....

anyway back on topic...

I am kinda on the fence with graffitti. It is an expression of freedom of speecha nd stuff but just writing 'I love Whoever' or 'Mad mental young crew 2K6' is just freakin' pointless and destructive...

On the other hand it can take a political or a moral stand if used in the right context.
Yes, it does alot. The majority of medicines you take when you're ill were tested on animals, and I don't know why you said it ended, it's still used, so yeah, lets get back on topic.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2006 at 04:55pm
And it isnt an expression of freedom of speech, that is someone else's property, not your own. You have no right to put anything on it or express any pf your opnions on there things, thats not fair to them, what if they have opposite views of you, now thier stuff supports how you feel.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
May 15th, 2006 at 07:17pm
but what if its not direspectful its just art nothing political or anything
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 15th, 2006 at 07:20pm
strummer92:
But it isnt yours to draw on, it belongs to someone else. I think If I decided to color your computer screen in with a black sharpie, I could call it art, but you maya get upset. If it isnt yours leave it alone, simple as that.
State Radio
Falling In Love With The Board
State Radio
May 15th, 2006 at 08:56pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
strummer92:
But it isnt yours to draw on, it belongs to someone else. I think If I decided to color your computer screen in with a black sharpie, I could call it art, but you maya get upset. If it isnt yours leave it alone, simple as that.

Agreed.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
May 16th, 2006 at 03:56pm
I'm from lame-as-all-hell Enfield, Connecticut.
there isn't much by way of Grafiti there,
and the stuff that is there is just random words on street signs
and old Tabacco barns. I don't see any problem with it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 16th, 2006 at 05:16pm
+Maiku-San+:
You don't see anything wrong with defacing someone elses property, so can I come over and write all over your room and destroy your posters?
Maiku's Kind Ghost
King For A Couple Of Days
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
May 16th, 2006 at 05:50pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
+Maiku-San+:
You don't see anything wrong with defacing someone elses property, so can I come over and write all over your room and destroy your posters?

Well, I write on my walls for one,
for two I have sooooo many posters in my room, most of them "cemented" on to my walls so you couldn't rip them off and my room is huge, you would get really tired of drawing all over my room and on every last poster.

The key what I said is that the things that people draw on are old and warn down and look like crap, no one uses them, they belong to no one, they are just there. So people writing on them, makes it look better. Most of the Graffti has been on those things for years and years, it's part of the landscape now.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 16th, 2006 at 05:58pm
+Maiku-San+:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
+Maiku-San+:

Well, I write on my walls for one,
for two I have sooooo many posters in my room, most of them "cemented" on to my walls so you couldn't rip them off and my room is huge, you would get really tired of drawing all over my room and on every last poster.

The key what I said is that the things that people draw on are old and warn down and look like crap, no one uses them, they belong to no one, they are just there. So people writing on them, makes it look better. Most of the Graffti has been on those things for years and years, it's part of the landscape now.
But it doed belong to someone, it isnt just sitting there on someone elses property, its rude, immature and inconsiderate.
Register