Do You Think The Idiot Club Is Worth The Money?

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:32am
netty:
living in amsterdam isnt a problem these days. you just need a credit or debit card.

and I_worship... I know full well the frustrations of being a member of the fan club.... but as it is new.... and yeah there maybe lots of things wrong.. but I`m up for the ride. if you would prefer to give your money to charity go do it cancel your account and send your money else where.
Ok, I paid to get to see all the things wrong? Well, I'm not the only one who paid, lets look at just how many people paid.

As of now the Idiot Club has over 73,000 members.

73,000 members * 20$- 1,460,000 dollars. You're telling me with 1.46 million dollars, they couldnt have had those problems fixed by now? They couldnt have switched to a better server so the site would actually run better? With all that money, you would think they could have an overall better fan club. I'd love to see where the money went, it didnt go anywhere constructive. I didn't pay to find out a bunch of idiot hadn't worked out problems, thats stupid. If they didnt have them worked out and everything ready to go, maybe they shouldnt have opened it yet. Bascially anyone who got a membership when it first started got screwed. They havnt put hardly any exclusive little videos up (and the few they have are being streamed elsewhere). They didnt answer their questions for how many months? 3 or something like that. Now they write the questions (which I wonder sometimes if thats even them answering, I have my doubts.) Now you don't even know who's answering because it doesnt tell you. The picture section is a disaster Shocked I can't even use words to tell how horribly arranged it is. I can't wait for the new GSB and Iamkiller gets to Pwn them all with her new kickass one.

Yeah, I can totally see over 1,000,000 dollars went Rolling Eyes Down the toliet.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2006 at 11:35am
Megan.:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
~tre's_lost_nut~:
I_worship_tre_Cool.... I wish I could argue as well as you, that was fabulous. *applauds*

.. Not at all.
Argh. I think she did quite well. Confused

Raspa Thanks, but she doesnt agree with me, so she probably doesnt think I did a good job Laughing

I'd like to know what she disagrees with though
netty
Geek
netty
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:24pm
that number is those who have names registered. not the total number of paying members. dont have a clue why its done like that, but there ya go.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:28pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Megan.:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
~tre's_lost_nut~:
I_worship_tre_Cool.... I wish I could argue as well as you, that was fabulous. *applauds*

.. Not at all.
Argh. I think she did quite well. Confused

Raspa Thanks, but she doesnt agree with me, so she probably doesnt think I did a good job Laughing

I'd like to know what she disagrees with though

Umm, nuu ..

you're better in discussing, so forget that Cool

I pretty much agree .. with most .. K? K!
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:29pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
netty:
living in amsterdam isnt a problem these days. you just need a credit or debit card.

and I_worship... I know full well the frustrations of being a member of the fan club.... but as it is new.... and yeah there maybe lots of things wrong.. but I`m up for the ride. if you would prefer to give your money to charity go do it cancel your account and send your money else where.
Ok, I paid to get to see all the things wrong? Well, I'm not the only one who paid, lets look at just how many people paid.

73,000 members * 20$- 1,460,000 dollars. You're telling me with 1.46 million dollars, they couldnt have had those problems fixed by now? They couldnt have switched to a better server so the site would actually run better? With all that money, you would think they could have an overall better fan club. I'd love to see where the money went, it didnt go anywhere constructive. I didn't pay to find out a bunch of idiot hadn't worked out problems, thats stupid. If they didnt have them worked out and everything ready to go, maybe they shouldnt have opened it yet. Bascially anyone who got a membership when it first started got screwed. They havnt put hardly any exclusive little videos up (and the few they have are being streamed elsewhere). They didnt answer their questions for how many months? 3 or something like that. Now they write the questions (which I wonder sometimes if thats even them answering, I have my doubts.) Now you don't even know who's answering because it doesnt tell you. The picture section is a disaster Shocked I can't even use words to tell how horribly arranged it is. I can't wait for the new GSB and Iamkiller gets to Pwn them all with her new kickass one.

Yeah, I can totally see over 1,000,000 dollars went Rolling Eyes Down the toliet.

Well, it's the Idiot Club

Hahaha ._.
Megan.
Falling In Love With The Board
Megan.
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:30pm
netty:
that number is those who have names registered. not the total number of paying members. dont have a clue why its done like that, but there ya go.
There are still many registered and paying members there. You have to have at least 700,000 dollars from all of that at the very least. And having registered unpaying + paying is rather stupid, don't you think? Maybe thats something you can work on.

And I definantly agree with the photo thing. It's a freaking disaster. I had to wait two weeks for my photo's to go up, and one of them didn't even load right!

kthxbi.
netty
Geek
netty
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:39pm
to start with I`m not an admin, I am a paying member who is there simply to try and help other members out. I dont know what the problem is with the server but I do know that the people who run the site are aware and want to get things fixed. they dont like getting abuse thrown at them any more than I do.

as for how much the server costs, I dont have a clue. the club and the forums and main site are probably run off the same servers. like I said, I dont have a clue because I am a mere mod.

as for other admins laughing at me... I couldnt give a flying whatever. I am simply trying to put another view point forward into this discussion. plus to clear up some of the all to often misconceptions.
netty
Geek
netty
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:42pm
oh yeah, the photo thing is purely there for fans to post pictures. it was never going to be as organised or whatever as any fan sites photo section. personally I dont bother looking on there. I dont see the point to it as it is being used by members who post pictures that are already posted all over the internet. not for actual personal photos.
netty
Geek
netty
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:48pm
by the way, check out the main site. I mean greenday.com of course. big changes coming people.

lets see if this helps stop the arguments. Wink
the resistance.
King For A Couple Of Days
the resistance.

Mibba
June 23rd, 2006 at 03:55pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
netty:

Amazingly well said.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2006 at 05:20pm
netty:
to start with I`m not an admin, I am a paying member who is there simply to try and help other members out. I dont know what the problem is with the server but I do know that the people who run the site are aware and want to get things fixed. they dont like getting abuse thrown at them any more than I do.

as for how much the server costs, I dont have a clue. the club and the forums and main site are probably run off the same servers. like I said, I dont have a clue because I am a mere mod.

as for other admins laughing at me... I couldnt give a flying whatever. I am simply trying to put another view point forward into this discussion. plus to clear up some of the all to often misconceptions.

I you're only mod, you can't fix that link I posted earlier, but your administrator could, and the board would run more smoothly. Someone should send them a link to that thread so they see the problem, it takes less than a minute to fix.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2006 at 05:22pm
netty:
by the way, check out the main site. I mean greenday.com of course. big changes coming people.

lets see if this helps stop the arguments. Wink

but thast Greenday.com...the free part, not the Idiot Club, I don't think that effects the Idiot Club and it wouldnt help or hurt the arguement....
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2006 at 05:24pm
netty:
oh yeah, the photo thing is purely there for fans to post pictures. it was never going to be as organised or whatever as any fan sites photo section. personally I dont bother looking on there. I dont see the point to it as it is being used by members who post pictures that are already posted all over the internet. not for actual personal photos.

Seeing as how the Photo secion on GreenDay.com isnt that great, you'd think they would have done something with the photo section on the official Fanclub. Even if it is just for fans, they should still keep it more organized and have a better layout.
netty
Geek
netty
June 23rd, 2006 at 05:41pm
you know something.... I really dont want to talk about the idiot club right now.

I`ve worked my arse off hoping to achieve certain things... or at least to promote them.

right now I`m way more pissed off with all that than you guys could ever be. well thats my view.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
June 23rd, 2006 at 05:50pm
No.
Megan.
Falling In Love With The Board
Megan.
June 23rd, 2006 at 05:51pm
netty:
you know something.... I really dont want to talk about the idiot club right now.

I`ve worked my arse off hoping to achieve certain things... or at least to promote them.

right now I`m way more pissed off with all that than you guys could ever be. well thats my view.
No one cares. You could've just waited to make a reply instead of telling us about your little achieves. 'Cause wow we don't care.

Clap @ Courtney [right?]
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 23rd, 2006 at 05:55pm
I_worship_tre_Cool......... I love you. <3
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 23rd, 2006 at 05:58pm
although i have to say, people should get off netty's back, she's doing what she can to make the place better even though she's not getting paid for it or anything, and she's taking all your critisisms (yeah i cant spell...bite me) with a better nature than i could in the same situation i'm sure.

yeah it doesnt change the fact that the idiot club still sucks ass, but...give her a break.
netty
Geek
netty
June 23rd, 2006 at 06:26pm
thank you for that post at least.

that means way more than you can imagine right now.
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 23rd, 2006 at 07:39pm
no problem... i'm just sorry that most of your first posts on this board had to be an argument... it can't have been much of a welcome.
Register