Do You Think The Idiot Club Is Worth The Money?

AuthorMessage
Toxic Narcotic
King For A Couple Of Days
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
June 20th, 2006 at 12:16pm
i'll really want to join...but it does cost 20 bucks
way too much Sad
plus....is it that good?
AdrizzleTheNinja[Echelon]
Geek
AdrizzleTheNinja[Echelon]
June 20th, 2006 at 12:33pm
~tre's_lost_nut~:
I just think they don't do enough to justify the cost.
When it started we had the promise of regular video interviews, which did look fucking COOL at the time, but now what do we get? Written interviews that just get typed up on here a few days later.
I know that there are other benefits, but it just doesn't seem worth it.

I was planning to join, but apparantly I can't cause I can't pay in dollars.

Also it pissed me off that they took the audio messages off of the free official site and put them in the Idiot Club one... That was low and cheap and too fucking harsh.
I'm fine with getting people to willing pay for special stuff... but taking something that used to be free and open to everyone and turning it into something that only certain people can get if they pay for it.......
Screw them.

they did that to get more ppl to sign up.
netty
Geek
netty
June 20th, 2006 at 01:53pm
okay, the audio messages were paid for by the record company so go bitch at them for them not being available any more. the people who run the site already know a lot of people would like to see them back again.

as for the videos, the reason we ended up with the written thing was due a lot to the back log created by the guys being finally getting chance to enjoy a well deserved break. and due to the huge amount of bitching on the forums about the lack of q & a, it was quicker and easier to answer a whole load of questions in type form. to have answered that many in video format at that time could well have burnt the servers out. we are having enough problems as it is with the damned things.

plus, yeah, maybe the fact that people were ripping the damned things off put them off doing the damned things!!

you guys are making assumptions about the site based mainly on the bitching you have seen other people do. you dont have a clue what is actually going on on there, the reasons behind things or what plans are being discussed for the future.

sorry, but as a mod on there, I have this natural urge to stick up for the place. especially with the amount of effort I and the other mods are putting into getting the forums attractive to all. not just the minority.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
June 20th, 2006 at 04:26pm
I personally think it's not worth frickin $20, because really, having 1 stupid question answer and a 1 in 1,000,000 chance to win something. Not worth it. I considered joining it once (I REALLY wanted Billie Joe's old Gibson Les Paul!) but what chance would I have of winning it? So, basically Idiot Club is not just a fan club, it's a club of stupid kids who spend their money on worthless crap. GSB is better 'cause it's definately more of a fan club than the Idiot Club. Let's see... chances to earn tickets and good stuff, forum, questions answered... nope.
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 21st, 2006 at 06:53am
Megan.:
~tre's_lost_nut~:
firstly, i wasn't aware of the fact that you could get the site in trouble by posting it, so i apologise.

secondly, in responce to the issue of payment, the list on the site doesn't include english credit cards (or ones that *I* have at any rate)

i was going to pay by cheque but at the time it didnt actually say on the site an address for you to post the cheque to, which was just fucking stupid.
it probably has one now but i dont want to join NOW.

i just think it's unfair that only people who can afford to pay, or have the right credit cards, can get this stuff.
if you're a fan of the band, if you really care about the people and the music, this stuff should be open to everyone. it's not playing fair.

i can understand about the free stuff and the tickets and giveaways and shit... but fans shouldnt have to pay for information.
people scan magazine articles and share them, how is that any different from copy and pasting these Q&A things?
are you kidding. I said that in our little arguement and you didn't believe me. Rolling Eyes

yeah well i never believe anything anyone says if i'm arguing with them. i had no proof that what you were saying was true, you could have just made it up to prove your point.
but the person who said it in here sounds like she knows what she's talking about. and when you hear the same thing from two seperate people ya start to think "yeah, maybe that is true after all..."
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 21st, 2006 at 06:59am
i completely understand the point of people sticking up for the club and your points are all true and valid but i just think it was low and harsh to take stuff that was free and then make people pay for it.

and they shouldnt have made the promise of regular video interviews if they couldnt keep it up.
i know they are entitled to a break, a very well-deserved one, but you shouldnt make promises you can't keep.
Micro Sheep
Falling In Love With The Board
Micro Sheep
June 21st, 2006 at 07:29am
i have a question

who is/are the owner/s of the Idiot Club?
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
June 21st, 2006 at 07:31am
Maybe not now. But when the next album comes out with all the concerts and stuff: Yeah!

I wanna join then. xD
netty
Geek
netty
June 21st, 2006 at 12:11pm
the owners as far as I know is the band. whether their managment team is involved to some extent I dont know. the people who actually run it are employed by the band. the record company had their own site but nobody ever really goes on it. cant even remember the addy of it. having .com at the end of an addy is the first thing people try when looking for site.
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
June 22nd, 2006 at 02:29am
oh,thanks Smile
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 22nd, 2006 at 02:41am
netty:
okay, the audio messages were paid for by the record company so go bitch at them for them not being available any more. the people who run the site already know a lot of people would like to see them back again.

Right, because Green Day doesnt have any money, and they couldnt pay for it themselves Dno They must of been really beat up about having to stop that.

netty:
as for the videos, the reason we ended up with the written thing was due a lot to the back log created by the guys being finally getting chance to enjoy a well deserved break.

Yeah, a well deserved Break. They agreed to do the questions, but it was never promised in the Idiot club membership details. I find it pretty annoyting that they can't answer the questions of the fans that got them to where they are, without those fans they wouldnt be a on a damn break, or need one. Maybe they should consider that.

netty:
and due to the huge amount of bitching on the forums about the lack of q & a, it was quicker and easier to answer a whole load of questions in type form. to have answered that many in video format at that time could well have burnt the servers out. we are having enough problems as it is with the damned things.

Of all the things to Bitch about on the forum, I think it would be the message board itself. It's got so many things that are pointless and just take up space and slow it down. It's the problem, the only thing it's good for is bitching.

netty:
plus, yeah, maybe the fact that people were ripping the damned things off put them off doing the damned things!!

I have no idea what you're talking about there, but Im assuming by ripping off, you meant showing other people and spreading 'secret' fan club stuff. FYI: you can't put a copy right on something you hear Wink

netty:
you guys are making assumptions about the site based mainly on the bitching you have seen other people do.

Nope, Im a member. It really does suck. I'd rather donate 20$ to a charity for starving African Kids, something actually worth while, then give any more money to that stupid club.
netty:
you dont have a clue what is actually going on on there, the reasons behind things or what plans are being discussed for the future.

Well, seeing as how I paid 20$ for now, I don't care about future plans. I don't care about the reason behind why things don't work. With all the money that went to that club, they can fix it. It's a waste of money, nothing is exclusive, anything on there can be found somewhere else where it's free.

netty:
sorry, but as a mod on there, I have this natural urge to stick up for the place. especially with the amount of effort I and the other mods are putting into getting the forums attractive to all. not just the minority.
Yeah, you got alot of work ahead of you to fix that mess. Best of luck too you.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 22nd, 2006 at 02:42am
netty:
the owners as far as I know is the band. whether their managment team is involved to some extent I dont know. the people who actually run it are employed by the band. the record company had their own site but nobody ever really goes on it. cant even remember the addy of it. having .com at the end of an addy is the first thing people try when looking for site.

http://www.repriserec.com/greenday
thats the Reprise site.
*_dragonfly_*
Geek
*_dragonfly_*
June 22nd, 2006 at 07:12am
Yeah, I think I would do it...but I live in Amsterdam...so I cant...But if I think about it I would probably spend the money on other crap anyways, so Green Day crap is always better than normal crap...

Im not really making sense now, am I?
netty
Geek
netty
June 22nd, 2006 at 06:15pm
living in amsterdam isnt a problem these days. you just need a credit or debit card.

and I_worship... I know full well the frustrations of being a member of the fan club.... but as it is new.... and yeah there maybe lots of things wrong.. but I`m up for the ride. if you would prefer to give your money to charity go do it cancel your account and send your money else where.

I`d rather stick around and try and help make it the best fan club, fanclub site (not fan run) that any other bands fansite.

some people want the world on a plate.... others what it on a plate and to be spoon fed it.

I`d rather shape my own world.

you live in yours. I`ll live in mine.

but we still have to share oxygen!
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 22nd, 2006 at 06:20pm
I_worship_tre_Cool.... I wish I could argue as well as you, that was fabulous. *applauds*
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 23rd, 2006 at 09:15am
~tre's_lost_nut~:
I_worship_tre_Cool.... I wish I could argue as well as you, that was fabulous. *applauds*

.. Not at all.
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 23rd, 2006 at 09:21am
huh?
Megan.
Megan.
June 23rd, 2006 at 09:22am
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
~tre's_lost_nut~:

.. Not at all.
Argh. I think she did quite well. Confused
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 23rd, 2006 at 09:23am
Megan.:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
~tre's_lost_nut~:

.. Not at all.
Argh. I think she did quite well. Confused

It was okay Cool .. I didn't agree with everything Confused
B.J
B.J
June 23rd, 2006 at 09:54am
good for you I_worship_Tre_cool
Register