Do You Think The Idiot Club Is Worth The Money?

AuthorMessage
Megan.
Falling In Love With The Board
Megan.
June 18th, 2006 at 08:50am
xIsabelx:
Megan.:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Wow, that'd piss me off XD

I'd hate them too ..

But yah, you broke the rules ?! Dno
They stalked me and found out.

Idiot club = stalkers.

Were you warned or just banned?
They just banned me. I was freaking out when it said my password was incorrect because I thought someone hacked me, and then my mom emailed them, and THEN they told me Rolling Eyes
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 18th, 2006 at 08:52am
Megan.:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Did you spread it over GSB :O .. means they stalk GSB =O
=O yep

Shocked Ugh ..

Umm .. anyway .. did you like it the time you were in ?
In Pasalacqua
Geek
In Pasalacqua
June 18th, 2006 at 08:54am
Megan.:
xIsabelx:
Megan.:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Wow, that'd piss me off XD

I'd hate them too ..

But yah, you broke the rules ?! Dno
They stalked me and found out.

Idiot club = stalkers.

Were you warned or just banned?
They just banned me. I was freaking out when it said my password was incorrect because I thought someone hacked me, and then my mom emailed them, and THEN they told me Rolling Eyes

Geez, that seems a bit harsh. I suppose it is supposed to be exclusive Sad Sorry you were banned.
Ella Speed
Geek
Ella Speed
June 18th, 2006 at 09:07am
xIsabelx:
I ordered a t-shirt! I can't wait until it comes! Very Happy

sorry, I just wanted to try and steer the conversation to a more positive angle Neutral

lol, good someone's doing it!

I'm gonna become a member of idiotclub after summer holidays, I don't wanna spend my money on it just yet. stupid sthlm, no fucking summerjobs until you're 18...it's insane
staceface
Geek
staceface
June 19th, 2006 at 01:54am
not really. i mean you have to pay every year to stay in it. i prefer to pay 10 dollars more to be part of another fan club and be a member 'til i die.
brownie
King For A Couple Of Days
brownie
June 19th, 2006 at 08:28am
i think its a rip off with the price, it should be cheaper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 19th, 2006 at 09:15am
Even if it'd be 10 dollars .. I bet you still complained ..
Megan.
Megan.
June 19th, 2006 at 09:28am
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Megan.:
TreCoolIstSoGeil:
Did you spread it over GSB :O .. means they stalk GSB =O
=O yep

Shocked Ugh ..

Umm .. anyway .. did you like it the time you were in ?
No Neutral

The Q&A was pretty good, aside from the fact it took them 5 months to come and do something for us.

The message board has this smite and karma thing. Smite is bad, karma is good. Someone can give you karma or smite you, which I think is pretty stupid o.o Someone smited me, and it made me feel bad. xDD

And a bunch of people on the picture comments were all:
I'll kiss you Billie, when Adrienne's not around Laughing Wink
Rolling Eyes

Besides. You can find the Q&A anywhere now. The give-a-ways are kinda exciting. But thats all there really is.. no online shops.. Eh.
jaded fashion victim
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
jaded fashion victim
June 19th, 2006 at 11:17am
The main reason to join a fan club is access to pre-sale tickets. It's worth it if the band is touring. Q&A's and all that other stuff is not worth it if you don't get pre-sales.
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 19th, 2006 at 01:20pm
I just think they don't do enough to justify the cost.
When it started we had the promise of regular video interviews, which did look fucking COOL at the time, but now what do we get? Written interviews that just get typed up on here a few days later.
I know that there are other benefits, but it just doesn't seem worth it.

I was planning to join, but apparantly I can't cause I can't pay in dollars.

Also it pissed me off that they took the audio messages off of the free official site and put them in the Idiot Club one... That was low and cheap and too fucking harsh.
I'm fine with getting people to willing pay for special stuff... but taking something that used to be free and open to everyone and turning it into something that only certain people can get if they pay for it.......
Screw them.
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 19th, 2006 at 01:23pm
but seriously dudes, a solid bit of advice here...
if you are a member of the idiot and want to post the Q&As here or on another site, email a friend or just a random person who isn't a member and get them to post it for you.... that way the IC people can't trace it to you and ban you. =]
netty
Geek
netty
June 19th, 2006 at 02:04pm
please dont go around saying things like that. whichever sites have been found to host any exclusive material from the idiot club are contacted and asked to remove them. and I`m sure the owners of this site and others would prefer not to find themselves in trouble with the band and their management.

and to answer two things, the only people currently on the banned list are those whose parents have asked for them to be kept off the site and one person who has been abusive.

and saying that you can only join if you can pay dollars is wrong as well. if you can pay by credit or debit card, you pay $20 and your bank works out what that is according to the exchange rate and takes that amount out of your account.

yes, there might not be that much in some members eyes to justify the cost of joining but things are hopefully going to change in the near future. just becuase you dont think its worth the money does not justify ripping those off who have paid and are quite happy to have paid it.
GreenDayCastaway
GreenDayCastaway
June 19th, 2006 at 10:53pm
netty:
please dont go around saying things like that. whichever sites have been found to host any exclusive material from the idiot club are contacted and asked to remove them. and I`m sure the owners of this site and others would prefer not to find themselves in trouble with the band and their management.

and to answer two things, the only people currently on the banned list are those whose parents have asked for them to be kept off the site and one person who has been abusive.

and saying that you can only join if you can pay dollars is wrong as well. if you can pay by credit or debit card, you pay $20 and your bank works out what that is according to the exchange rate and takes that amount out of your account.

yes, there might not be that much in some members eyes to justify the cost of joining but things are hopefully going to change in the near future. just becuase you dont think its worth the money does not justify ripping those off who have paid and are quite happy to have paid it.

oohh go netty!!! yeah i'm part of the idiot club and i think it's pretty sweet. =)
~tre's_lost_nut~
~tre's_lost_nut~
June 20th, 2006 at 09:47am
firstly, i wasn't aware of the fact that you could get the site in trouble by posting it, so i apologise.

secondly, in responce to the issue of payment, the list on the site doesn't include english credit cards (or ones that *I* have at any rate)

i was going to pay by cheque but at the time it didnt actually say on the site an address for you to post the cheque to, which was just fucking stupid.
it probably has one now but i dont want to join NOW.

i just think it's unfair that only people who can afford to pay, or have the right credit cards, can get this stuff.
if you're a fan of the band, if you really care about the people and the music, this stuff should be open to everyone. it's not playing fair.

i can understand about the free stuff and the tickets and giveaways and shit... but fans shouldnt have to pay for information.
people scan magazine articles and share them, how is that any different from copy and pasting these Q&A things?
i_luff_mike_dirnt
Geek
i_luff_mike_dirnt
June 20th, 2006 at 09:52am
nope.
Megan.
Megan.
June 20th, 2006 at 09:55am
~tre's_lost_nut~:
firstly, i wasn't aware of the fact that you could get the site in trouble by posting it, so i apologise.

secondly, in responce to the issue of payment, the list on the site doesn't include english credit cards (or ones that *I* have at any rate)

i was going to pay by cheque but at the time it didnt actually say on the site an address for you to post the cheque to, which was just fucking stupid.
it probably has one now but i dont want to join NOW.

i just think it's unfair that only people who can afford to pay, or have the right credit cards, can get this stuff.
if you're a fan of the band, if you really care about the people and the music, this stuff should be open to everyone. it's not playing fair.

i can understand about the free stuff and the tickets and giveaways and shit... but fans shouldnt have to pay for information.
people scan magazine articles and share them, how is that any different from copy and pasting these Q&A things?
are you kidding. I said that in our little arguement and you didn't believe me. Rolling Eyes
Stuart and the Avenue
Jackass
Stuart and the Avenue
June 20th, 2006 at 11:28am
short answer : no.
long answer : noooooooooooooooooooooooo.

i tell you what is worth the money - world of warcraft.
netty
Geek
netty
June 20th, 2006 at 11:44am
the fact that people are willing to pay for access to the club should be reason enough that they dont deserve to be ripped off by people who dont or cant pay for access. bands have had fan clubs that you pay a fee to be a member of for years! just because green day are a hugley successful band, why should they pay for it? or the record company? I wouldnt even like to hazzard a guess at how much it costs to run that place.

any way, I know some people will bitch about the fee forever more. so be it. but the fact that some do pay and the exclusives are part of being a member, surely its understandable when people get angry when that is taken away from them?

as for paying not being able to pay using english credit cards, thats exactly how I paid. weill either it was my credit card or debit card. the fact that you couldnt pay by cheque before was something that used to annoy the hell out of me before, but then it wasnt an international fanclub. its was purely US and Canada.
alexalexsuarez!
Geek
alexalexsuarez!
June 20th, 2006 at 12:05pm
GreenDayCastaway:
netty:

oohh go netty!!! yeah i'm part of the idiot club and i think it's pretty sweet. =)

=]
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
June 20th, 2006 at 12:11pm
well i was upset when the audio messages were took off and that only ppl with money can get it but its not green days fault im sure they werent the ones who organise it and you cant expect loadsa interviews and stuff they do have a family im sure if they realised how upset some of you are they would make it free they probably just never thought of it .you cant blame them
Register