Problems with Teachers

AuthorMessage
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
July 20th, 2006 at 01:30am
i've had a teacher who accused me for a lot things she knew i didn't do. she announced it to the entire class. and then she kept asking "did you do it?" repeatedly and i kept saying "no." she called me a liar and pretty much went out of her way to make me look bad.

i had a teacher who called me stupid because i got a low score on a homework assignment.

there was a teacher(i never had him though) who was fired for looking down the shirts of girls. he tried to get them to stay after class so he could do things to them. but he never succeeded.

there was a cross country/track coach at my school who was arrested for raping one of the girls on his team.
Melissa.
Jackass
Melissa.
July 22nd, 2006 at 03:10pm
Last year when we were learning about the Crusades, we learned about Christans protecting their land. I'm a athiest and don't belive in any religous things at all and we where learning about god and christ and things like that. The teacher asked me what my opinion on the crusades was. So I said that she should'nt be talking about religion in school and that Christ was never real so she should'nt be talking about that. So she YELLED at me really loud and said that she was just doing her job and that Christ is real and that I can't say things like that because she'll give me a detention. So I just said whatever and put my head down and did'nt pay attention in Socian Studies for the rest of the year. She was basicly saying that I did'nt have a freedom of speech or an opinon on crusades or religion...... Ms. Lambert sucks.
ren
Idiot
ren
July 22nd, 2006 at 10:42pm
I have heard and now understand that there is so much more freedom for teachers in college. I mean we all have problems but i cant believe what im seeing, i started my first semster at the community college near me and got two in my opionion bad teachers. My speech teacher is an egomaniac that loves to talk about herself. My school like many community colleges is known for cheaper tution, but this women is on such an ego trip she doesnt think that this applies. Ever other sppech class has the same standard book, it is a buy back book and costs like 30 dollars. My teacher insists that we use her book that she wrote. This book has serious undertones in showing many democrat figures, Granholm, and other mayors. Not only that but this book is a non buy back book because it has tear out pages also because she is making a revised edition. And some kid didnt have is and was like ill photocopy someone else and she said no its an infringement on copyright laws. She also is very keen on talking about her pastor and her religous beliefs, im agnostic and i dont feel that, that belongs in the classroom, it has nothing to do with the cirriculum. We were also required to buy a book called 14000 Things To Be Happy About, it literally lists 14000 things to be happy about, about a 10 dollar book, and every day we read a 'happy phrase' from the book such as "Taking a nap in the hammock before dinner'. There are thousands of things i could have spend that 10 dollars on that would be better. Right now im working 2 jobs nad going to school, and i dont have time to fuck around and spend money like that, i feel that she is totally out of line.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 23rd, 2006 at 07:58am
GothicAngelMelissa:
Last year when we were learning about the Crusades, we learned about Christans protecting their land. I'm a athiest and don't belive in any religous things at all and we where learning about god and christ and things like that. The teacher asked me what my opinion on the crusades was. So I said that she should'nt be talking about religion in school and that Christ was never real so she should'nt be talking about that. So she YELLED at me really loud and said that she was just doing her job and that Christ is real and that I can't say things like that because she'll give me a detention. So I just said whatever and put my head down and did'nt pay attention in Socian Studies for the rest of the year. She was basicly saying that I did'nt have a freedom of speech or an opinon on crusades or religion...... Ms. Lambert sucks.

Actually, I disagree. I think everyone should learn about religion, its a great topic. I'm pagan, but I still love learning about all the other types of religion.

Also, you were learning about the Crusades. The Crusades were a holy war. How are they supposed to teach you about the Crusades if they don't mention the religious part of it??

What, they just won't teach you? Thats also stupid, its an important part of history.

Religion should be taught in schools, in history classes. Just because you don't believe in anything doesn't mean others should miss out on learning about religion, because if they don't learn about religion they will grow up to become ignorant, an ignorance that will stay with them and their children, and maybe even their grandchildren.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 23rd, 2006 at 10:45am
Coff:

Actually, I disagree. I think everyone should learn about religion, its a great topic. I'm pagan, but I still love learning about all the other types of religion.

Also, you were learning about the Crusades. The Crusades were a holy war. How are they supposed to teach you about the Crusades if they don't mention the religious part of it??

What, they just won't teach you? Thats also stupid, its an important part of history.

Religion should be taught in schools, in history classes. Just because you don't believe in anything doesn't mean others should miss out on learning about religion, because if they don't learn about religion they will grow up to become ignorant, an ignorance that will stay with them and their children, and maybe even their grandchildren.

You do learn about religions in history Class, maybe not ones that are active today, but like greek Mythology and the roman Gods, stuff like that. Thats religion, no one believes it anymore, so treat it like that when learning about any religion you don't practice. it's just more knowledge you can gain.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
July 24th, 2006 at 05:04am
Yeah, I know you do, I meant to say that you shouldn't stop it. Exactly, I love religion, and learning about all the old religions and stuff like that. It helps you understand so much about those times.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 24th, 2006 at 12:36pm
Matrixx:
Well, i'm in a public school and our teacher goes into long sermons about god and christianity. I'm an atheist,, so I find it pretty offensive that she thinks she has a right to do that in a public school. I've seriously thought about getting the ACLU on her. And when I told my mom, she agreed with the teacher. GAH! Then she yelled at me for being an atheist. It's in my rights to choose my religious beliefs, and I chose to not have a religion. I shouldn't be prosecuted for that. That goes the same for people who are gay/lesbian/bi. Thay have a right to choose their sexual preference. The world is a fucked up place, no?

It sure is a fucked up place.
Ben thwarted
Geek
Ben thwarted
July 25th, 2006 at 02:40pm
Aaah we got one of our teachers kicked out because he didn't have a clue what he was teaching.

He was a DT teacher telling us how to do GCSE physics.

We lost about a year because of that guy.

(When I say; 'we' I mean my class Razz )
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 4th, 2006 at 09:54am
my history teacher is bitch..she constantly picks on me and listens in to my private conversations and tells the rest of the staff what me and my mate say and then hey end up starting on us about it. She threatens to make us go and sit with the ehad of department if we talk or laugh.....its petty i know but theb again so is she
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
August 4th, 2006 at 02:19pm
Kurtni:
Coff:

You do learn about religions in history Class, maybe not ones that are active today, but like greek Mythology and the roman Gods, stuff like that. Thats religion, no one believes it anymore, so treat it like that when learning about any religion you don't practice. it's just more knowledge you can gain.

I learned about Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and Judaism in 9th grade as part of a History/English project. Also Shintoism. I don't know what else you want for "religions that are active today."
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
August 4th, 2006 at 03:02pm
dirtyhippie:
Kurtni:
Coff:

I learned about Hinduism, Buddhism, Christianity, Islam, and Judaism in 9th grade as part of a History/English project. Also Shintoism. I don't know what else you want for "religions that are active today."

I never learned about those in history or religion, well we did do a bit on Islam in religion but that's it.
In History we touched on celtic buriels which sort of ties in with their relgious beleifs.
Now personally I think religion should be taught, I'd love to know more about other religions. But I don't like the way that at my school they keep tying everything back to Christianity, the way our teacher acts she might as well be saying "Here's what this religion does, but they're wrong, we're right" It's incredibly insulting. Especially since its only Catholics (or at least people whose parents are Catholic) have to take the class.
If they cut out the catholic poraganda and let everyone take the class it would be so much better.
love.
King For A Couple Of Days
love.
August 6th, 2006 at 08:29pm
one of my teachers..like never taught us anything..she would give us the assignment and expect us to know how to do it...and whenever we would ask for help on our homework...like 5 minutes into telling us how to do the assignment...she gets sidetraked and starts talking about baseball and basketball.
guitars_are_sexy
Geek
guitars_are_sexy
November 6th, 2006 at 08:05pm
i had a mean sub once... she kept getting pissed if we were taking notes
she also dumped out my desk when i was in another class, and then she made me clean it up
she was such a bitch
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
November 7th, 2006 at 11:06am
Lmao. The councellor at the school is so funny. First off, she tells people what you confide in her, violating our rights and her rules of social concelling of the New Zealand Board of Secondary School Councellor supervisors, or something like that. And Second, she's fat, and she doesn't realise it. One time I was staying after school and she was squaddling down the hallway yelling, 'Oi, what are you doing here.'
I said that I needed to say after school to pick up my little sister.
She asked me why I wasn't in the library and I told her that the library was closed. She then pulled me into a room and asked me what was up with all my lip and I told her that she was pissing me off. She then asked me if I had a problem with her and I said 'Of course I do you fucking big ass whale of a woman.'

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Yeah, she don't like me much.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
November 7th, 2006 at 11:08am
dirtyhippie:
Kurtni:
Coff:

Religion is an important issue in todays world. It is important to learn about the beliefs of others. And the cultures as well. That's why we study blacks, or the Chinese, or Russians, or the Middle East.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 7th, 2006 at 06:05pm
dirtyhippie:

Which is exactly why I said "maybe". Not everyone is lucky enough to learn about religions and things of that nature.
gd'sDiana
Geek
gd'sDiana
November 7th, 2006 at 10:49pm
I had a problem with my sixth grade teacher, she hated my sister, so she hated me too, so she changed my grades to make me always be on last place of everything, she was always trying to embarass me (she did it once), she was always saying that i was wrong, that i should leave, she kicked me out of the class several times, i did not go to many competitions because of her, and many many things, but i was stupid, bcause i let her do all that things! damn >.<
Micro Sheep
Falling In Love With The Board
Micro Sheep
November 8th, 2006 at 03:26pm
personally i don't have a problem with teachers.well there are some who can't stand me but they're not unfair with me or anything like that.

but.our maths teacher is really an asshole .he is a perv and he spanks the girls when they are in front of the class and always makes dirty jokes and looks under the girls' skirts and all that Confused
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 8th, 2006 at 03:30pm
well there is definatly a difference from this year and last year. last year they were all so nice and welcoming and accpeting. this year, they all look at me like i'm an alien. my history literally only loves the '''blonde bimbos''' no lie. my science teacher only likes the adorable pranksters and my language teachger is nice to everyone but still she likes some more than others. My math teacher is really the only one nice to me.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 8th, 2006 at 04:27pm
My religion teacher doesnt like me at all because I ask too many questions that she doesnt know how to answer and I dont fit her standards.
Register