AuthorMessage
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 06:59pm
TresFine:
Angel Of My Dreams:
That's a good question, you're right, a job can't be legally held until you are sixteen, but maybe he found a place that let him work without a word being said about his age?
I don't know of any interviews myself, maybe we should start looking for one...Provided there is one...

maybe he had odd jobs like moving lawn,raking up leaves.all that stuff
i know theres people that knock on my door asking if i need my grass cut.
nah, even though that's an unofficial biography some of it could be correct, I know he had a job as a cook or something to that effect around age 15 or 16.
ThisIsGreenDay
Falling In Love With The Board
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 08:05pm
The Fool on the Hill:
I'm 15 and I have a job. Mike could have been mature and they might allow him to work. Dno
It's fifteen. And, plus, in California, unlike the rest or most of the US, you can get your driver's permit at 15, then license at 16. Whereas everywhere it's 16, then 17. California always has to be different. And if he had working papers and consent from his parents, and that maybe Ollie became his legal guardian...who knows. Dno
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2006 at 08:14pm
ThisIsGreenDay:
The Fool on the Hill:
I'm 15 and I have a job. Mike could have been mature and they might allow him to work. Dno
It's fifteen. And, plus, in California, unlike the rest or most of the US, you can get your driver's permit at 15, then license at 16. Whereas everywhere it's 16, then 17. California always has to be different. And if he had working papers and consent from his parents, and that maybe Ollie became his legal guardian...who knows. Dno

In Missouri and tennessee you get your permit when you're 15 and liscence when you're 16. Cool
ThisIsGreenDay
ThisIsGreenDay

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 11:21pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
ThisIsGreenDay:
The Fool on the Hill:

In Missouri and tennessee you get your permit when you're 15 and liscence when you're 16. Cool
There ya go. Age limits are different in different states, so it's very well Mike was SORTA on his own...
mybassgoesdirntdirntdirnt
Geek
mybassgoesdirntdirntdirnt

Mibba
May 26th, 2006 at 11:24pm
ThisIsGreenDay:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
ThisIsGreenDay:
The Fool on the Hill:

There ya go. Age limits are different in different states, so it's very well Mike was SORTA on his own...

yea, like in virginia, you can get your permit at 15 and 6 monthes then you get your license at 17.
TresFine
King For A Couple Of Days
TresFine
May 27th, 2006 at 12:18am
here i found this..
Michael Ryan Pritchard, now known as Mike Dirnt, was born on May 4, 1972 into poverty. Mike's mother was a heroin addict. He was given up for adoption when he was a baby. During his childhood, he went between familes for awhile. When Mike was just 6 years old, his foster parents got divorced, so Mike settled with his adoptive mother and older sister. Mike met Billie when they were in 5th grade in the school cafeteria, and they have been best friends ever since. Eventually, Mike even rented a room in Billie's house, and worked along side of Billie's mom at Rod's Hickory Pit. Both Billie and Mike were fascinated by punk rock music, and later the pair formed Sweet Children. Unlike Billie, Mike earned good grades in high school, and he even completed some courses at a local community college.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 27th, 2006 at 12:20am
TresFine:
here i found this..
Michael Ryan Pritchard, now known as Mike Dirnt, was born on May 4, 1972 into poverty. Mike's mother was a heroin addict. He was given up for adoption when he was a baby. During his childhood, he went between familes for awhile. When Mike was just 6 years old, his foster parents got divorced, so Mike settled with his adoptive mother and older sister. Mike met Billie when they were in 5th grade in the school cafeteria, and they have been best friends ever since. Eventually, Mike even rented a room in Billie's house, and worked along side of Billie's mom at Rod's Hickory Pit. Both Billie and Mike were fascinated by punk rock music, and later the pair formed Sweet Children. Unlike Billie, Mike earned good grades in high school, and he even completed some courses at a local community college.
Thats the thing, pretty much everysite says that, I want to know where they found it out, where did Mike say it. People can post anything they want on the internet....
TresFine
TresFine
May 27th, 2006 at 12:23am
i dont know i could try to find some old interviews
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 27th, 2006 at 12:33am
TresFine:
I'v looked and I don't think they exist and I think it was a rumor, but if you find some please share them with me, it would really be appreciated. Very Happy
abnormalone2002
abnormalone2002
May 27th, 2006 at 12:50am
I know Mike's mom talked about how Mike stayed with Billie when she moved..that was on Driven
CountMikeulasNextVictim
Post Whore
CountMikeulasNextVictim

Blog
May 27th, 2006 at 01:56am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
ThisIsGreenDay:
The Fool on the Hill:

damn straight Cool im getting my permit in a few weeks im turning 15 in 4 days and i still havent got the book to study lol Laughing
CountMikeulasNextVictim
Post Whore
CountMikeulasNextVictim

Blog
May 27th, 2006 at 01:59am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
TresFine:
here i found this..
Thats the thing, pretty much everysite says that, I want to know where they found it out, where did Mike say it. People can post anything they want on the internet....
most of that stuff is said on Driven .... lol i watch it waay too much
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 27th, 2006 at 10:19am
CountMikeulasNextVictim:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
TresFine:
here i found this..
I watched Driven, twice actually just for this, it never says he rented a room, the way Driven Put it, it sounded like Ollie just let him stay there because they were close and he was billies friend.
crimson_rose_91
Jackass
crimson_rose_91
May 27th, 2006 at 08:17pm
I dont know much about the job thing?
But from what i've heard on various websites and from interview, it looks like Mike had a hard childhood, but he had Billie as a friend so they helped each other through hard times?

I might be wrong, but thats what i've picked up from interviews and the internet.
TresFine
TresFine
May 27th, 2006 at 08:41pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
TresFine:
I'v looked and I don't think they exist and I think it was a rumor, but if you find some please share them with me, it would really be appreciated. Very Happy

don't worry i will let you know
TresFine
TresFine
May 27th, 2006 at 09:53pm
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
May 28th, 2006 at 08:52am
CountMikeulasNextVictim:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
TresFine:
here i found this..

Nah, driven is the best place and only place,other then Mike himself, to get the right info about his early life. you can't get anymore acurrate then his own family.
christie road
Addict
christie road
May 30th, 2006 at 01:16pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Im glad someone made this thread. Ok, I was wondering how we know Mike paid for a room at billies house when they were kids? He moved in when he was 15 right? You can't legally hold a job until you're 16. And the way they made it sound on driven, Oillie was happy to let him stay there with Billie and his family.

Is there an interview where he says he rented a room or something?
Here you can get a job at 13

younger if you look older than you are

It all about looks Cool
amistad.
Addict
amistad.

Blog
June 1st, 2006 at 02:38pm
I have watched The Rise & Rise of Green Day like so many times and it never says that he 'rented' a room it says he just stayed there, So I dun'no.
Roisin-Marie
Roisin-Marie

Blog
June 2nd, 2006 at 05:40pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Im glad someone made this thread. Ok, I was wondering how we know Mike paid for a room at billies house when they were kids? He moved in when he was 15 right? You can't legally hold a job until you're 16. And the way they made it sound on driven, Oillie was happy to let him stay there with Billie and his family.

Is there an interview where he says he rented a room or something?

i'm not 16 and i have a job...it said on ummm i think it was the rise and rise of
Register