Mike Dirnt Songs

AuthorMessage
Binky.
Idiot
Binky.
April 4th, 2007 at 02:56am
Hand next time; edit plox!

To stay on-topic: I don't like governator...
xxDearlyxBelovedxx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
xxDearlyxBelovedxx

Blog
April 16th, 2007 at 10:29pm
I love Haha You're Dead, J.A.R. and Panic Song, even though Billie and Mike wrote Panic Song.
NiMrOd_1995
Jackass
NiMrOd_1995
April 21st, 2007 at 01:18pm
I love longview!! cuz that is TEH BEST bassline in the hisory of basslines....like..EVER!!!
finksgirl
Geek
finksgirl

Mibba
April 21st, 2007 at 09:48pm
he is a genius for the Longview bassline...
Coffee
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
April 23rd, 2007 at 11:39pm
Ha Ha Your Dead, makes me smile everytime (wait...is that bad? Oh well)

Has anyone else noticed that over time his bass lines seem to get less intresting? Like the Dookie era stuff was all pretty interesting, but look at the bass lines on American Idiot, boring as hell. Don't get me wrong, I love the songs, it's just I can't listen to the bass lines cause I get bored as hell and since I'm a bass player I like to listen to the bass lines quite often. They're the idiot-who-can't-play type bass lines now. I mean bass lines that sound like "G234, A234, C234, B234 repeat for three minutes." I dunno...sry about the rant there, it's just a pet peve that he had such better lines like 13-17 years earlier.
NiMrOd_1995
Jackass
NiMrOd_1995
April 24th, 2007 at 11:19am
billie_owns_my_soul:
Coffee

yes...longview is PURE GENIUS.......speaking of which...*listens to long view*
one of my favoritist songs ever from one of my favoritist albums!!!
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
April 26th, 2007 at 12:17am
Jimmy's Kid:

Has anyone else noticed that over time his bass lines seem to get less intresting? Like the Dookie era stuff was all pretty interesting, but look at the bass lines on American Idiot, boring as hell. Don't get me wrong, I love the songs, it's just I can't listen to the bass lines cause I get bored as hell and since I'm a bass player I like to listen to the bass lines quite often. They're the idiot-who-can't-play type bass lines now. I mean bass lines that sound like "G234, A234, C234, B234 repeat for three minutes." I dunno...sry about the rant there, it's just a pet peve that he had such better lines like 13-17 years earlier.

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!! Listening to American Idiot got kind of frustrating because he's generally playing the root of the chords the whole time. I love Insomniac's basslines. And the pre-dookie stuff too.
coffee whore
Geek
coffee whore

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2007 at 10:32pm
I like Ha Ha Your Dead
DirntyMilf
Idiot
DirntyMilf
May 26th, 2007 at 08:18pm
Arcane-Inamorata:
Jimmy's Kid:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!! Listening to American Idiot got kind of frustrating because he's generally playing the root of the chords the whole time. I love Insomniac's basslines. And the pre-dookie stuff too.

I was thinking the same thing while listening to Warning today. I wish he'd have his bass lines dancing all around the lead guitar like he used to.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
June 1st, 2007 at 07:43pm
His basslines seem to be the most complicated music in the whole band, in my opinion. Besides drumming, but that's a whole other skill.

I also agree with you guys above. I play bass and I have fun trying to learn the older basslines because it IS a challenge. The American Idiot stuff is too easy. I only know a few songs off of that album because I almost feel it's not worth it and won't be that fun to play because of the simplicity. =/
Patron-Saint
Geek
Patron-Saint
June 11th, 2007 at 02:06pm
Ha Ha You're Dead and J.A.R.
JackSaySNO
Geek
JackSaySNO
June 17th, 2007 at 09:06pm
dysLEXIa:
His basslines seem to be the most complicated music in the whole band, in my opinion. Besides drumming, but that's a whole other skill.

I also agree with you guys above. I play bass and I have fun trying to learn the older basslines because it IS a challenge. The American Idiot stuff is too easy. I only know a few songs off of that album because I almost feel it's not worth it and won't be that fun to play because of the simplicity. =/

Yes....once again..another bnass player here....i learned Jesus Of Suberbia in about a day and i have memerized it the whole time....i still play it with my band.....Im stil trying to figure out longview and Welcome to paradise i ahve been working on it since last month....hopefully the new cd...he gets just a LITTLE bit more complicated...COMMON MIKE YOU CAN DO IT...WE ALL ARE COUNTING ON YOU!!! Pray
RebelofSuburbia
Falling In Love With The Board
RebelofSuburbia
June 20th, 2007 at 10:43am
J.A.R. and Emenius Sleepus are my favorites
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 26th, 2007 at 09:05pm
I like Emenius Sleepus because it pretty much summed up a year in my life.
And I like Ha Ha You're Dead because... yeah, it explains my hatred for somebody.
I also agree with the people who said that the Longview bassline was pure genius.
It really is.
And Longview's a pretty good song.
[Mike took part in this song, so it counts]
Panic Song pwns.
vivalarorya
vivalarorya
July 27th, 2007 at 03:53am
I've since heard Governator and I love it. I LOVEEEE Mike's voice. Retard
Arcane-Inamorata
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
August 2nd, 2007 at 10:47pm
My Temper Snaps:
I've since heard Governator and I love it. I LOVEEEE Mike's voice. Retard

tehe I love it too. The lyrics are really cool
St. Dude
St. Dude
August 6th, 2007 at 01:13am
NiMrOd 1995:
I love longview!! cuz that is TEH BEST bassline in the hisory of basslines....like..EVER!!!
that is true
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
September 13th, 2007 at 07:56pm
Haha you're dead. Classicccc.
And I love Governator. The lyrics are so...Grrrr.
And I when I first heard It I was like....Mike! Vocals! Dance
Oh, and JAR obv.

billie_owns_my_soul:
Coffee

Seconded. I love it.
& When I first learnt to play bass it was the first thing I want to learn.
RebelofSuburbia
RebelofSuburbia
September 16th, 2007 at 04:06pm
Comic tragedy:

Panic Song pwns.

I forgot to add that one Surprised I love that song.. the intro omg Cassie
greendea
Jackass
greendea
September 17th, 2007 at 12:10am
i love all his songs! he's such a goood writer