ACTOR/COMEDIAN: Stephen Fry

AuthorMessage
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
October 17th, 2009 at 05:15pm
OMG IT'S TOMORROW IT'S TOMORROW IT'S TOMORROW IT'S TOMORROW I AM SCARED AS HELL I HOPE I DON'T MAKE A DICK OUT OF MYSELF IT'S TOMORROW OMG
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 17th, 2009 at 06:53pm
Ah Best of luck!
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 18th, 2009 at 03:41pm
Ikarus:
Ah Best of luck!
yup Hug
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
October 19th, 2009 at 03:47am
Am in the process of writing up a full report, don't have all the pictures yet though.

He's absolutely brilliant, as usual.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
October 19th, 2009 at 11:28am
This is going to be huge, apologies in advance.

Right. Well. We only JUST managed to get to the reception in time because the traffic was awful and finding a parking space was next to impossible, but we got there with a few seconds to spare. Karen and I immediately went for the champagne, whilst making Josh have orange juice much to his displeasure (he's twelve!)

The first person we noticed was Nigella Lawson, which was a little weird. (I had to whisper to Josh; "Who is she?" ) Karen decided she simply HAD to have a picture with Nigella because it would make her husband so jealous.

Afterwards Alastair Campbell wandered by us and ended up chatting to Karen and another woman who was one of the original calendar girls.

Then we noticed that Mick Hucknell was stood next to us (from Simply Red, if you're not familiar with him.) Which was rather weird but we'd been snapping pictures left, right and center so another one couldn't hurt.

After that Fry suddenly appeared out of nowhere with a glass of water and started chatting to people next to the bar. He was HUGE compared to everyone else (height wise not weight wise.. Though he does seem to be putting on a bit of chub again.) Here are some gratuitous Fry shots.

Then he came over to us and started chatting away. Josh gave him a picture that he'd drawn (which was epic) and Fry absolutely loved it! He told me he liked my bracelet, heee. I was asking where Alan Yentob was but the poor bloke was stuck backstage finalising the show. Anyway, of course we had a picture, where Fry had to crouch quite a lot due to our shortness:

Josh and I started to be cheeky then and kept snapping photo's of ourselves with Fry in the background:

Then after a while Fry disappeared again and we made our way to our seats. Had an absolutely stunning moment when I realised Richard Curtis was sat in front of me. (A sort of 'omgomgomgomgomg' moment) And the show began. Fry started by talking about (of course) Twitter and then it went on through his life from being arrested, meeting Hugh in Cambridge, being diagnosed with bipolar disorder etc. There was a VERY sad moment where we watched a clip from the Who Do You Think You Are series when he finds the plaque with his families names on it in Vienna who were sent to the concentration camps. That bit makes me tear up anyway so I took my eyes off of the screen to look at Fry only to find him wiping his eyes himself! Sob.

He made lots of jokes about how lovely Hugh is and how funny Alan is. We learnt a lot about his family and also got some super duper secret knowledge that there MAY BE a live, on stage episode of QI in the future. So going to that.

There was a moment when he started talking about his travels around America and he was talking about the place he went to where people donate their bodies so that human decomp can be studied in a variety of different environments. But to describe it he started going on about CSI and how Grissom knows how long a body has been there for by looking at the insects that are surrounding it. Never have I been so tempted to shout "YEAHHHH CSI RAWKS!"

After the show, we all popped round to the stage door (with the innocent idea of meeting Alan Yentob, that was all.) Only Fry came out first so we decided to chat to him again and once again he was lovely. Quite happily talking to everyone and smiling away, despite us asking him 'Don't you ever get fed up of this?' And he was like 'Well.. No! Not really!"

So I had another picture with him. This one really does scream HEY CORINNE YOU ARE TOO SHORT OR FRY IS TOO TALL IDK.

Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 19th, 2009 at 03:35pm
omfg. how amazing <3
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 19th, 2009 at 03:56pm
aw, brilliant Ah
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 19th, 2009 at 04:58pm
OMG, it's like somebody's drea,. Cheese
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
October 20th, 2009 at 01:47pm
THAT
IS
SO
AWESOOOOME
tehe
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 20th, 2009 at 08:14pm
Ikarus:
OMG, it's like somebody's dream. Cheese
LOL. *edits*
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
October 21st, 2009 at 03:04am
Ikarus:
Ikarus:
OMG, it's like somebody's dream. Cheese
LOL. *edits*

lmfao How was Green Day?
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 22nd, 2009 at 03:01pm
Unbelievable. I got into sound-check, so basically an empty arena but for 40 people and Green Day! Billie handed me a pick.. I was shaking and couldn't speak when I got out! XD Then I got the barrier at the stage and barrier at the catwalk each night, got sprayed with water guns and got Jason White's pick, too! Billie spent 3/4 of his time down the end of the catwalk, about a meter from my face. It was better than I ever dreamed it could be! Roll on next Saturday! Very Happy
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 22nd, 2009 at 04:00pm
Ikarus:
Unbelievable. I got into sound-check, so basically an empty arena but for 40 people and Green Day! Billie handed me a pick.. I was shaking and couldn't speak when I got out! XD Then I got the barrier at the stage and barrier at the catwalk each night, got sprayed with water guns and got Jason White's pick, too! Billie spent 3/4 of his time down the end of the catwalk, about a meter from my face. It was better than I ever dreamed it could be! Roll on next Saturday! Very Happy
that's ace Cheese
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
October 22nd, 2009 at 04:00pm
Omg Erin, i'm so happy for you Ah That's amazing! How did you get into soundcheck?
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 23rd, 2009 at 03:54am
Laura (RPattz) won tickets for her and a guest through the Idiot Club! Ah
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
October 25th, 2009 at 03:50pm
Fry was in Cambridge on Friday...
So was I...

D: I should have knooooown.
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
October 25th, 2009 at 07:43pm
He said it was looking blooterful. :')
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
November 5th, 2009 at 06:12pm
Excellent Stephen interview. Check out 2.33 on part 2! lmfao

lmfao It was as if Satan found his way up my nostrils and tried to claw out everything that was decent in me!
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 6th, 2009 at 04:27pm
amazing ,D
XxWistfulxX
Jackass
XxWistfulxX
November 18th, 2009 at 05:51am
stephen fry is a legend Very Happy
Register