August 26th, 2008 at 06:14am
Cassie

My Top five;

1. Queens of the Stone Age
2. Tenacious D
3. Dropkick Murphys
4. Metallica
5. Pendulum

Worst: British Sea Power, who I was really looking forward to seeing but got to the main stage with the intentions of getting near the front and realised they were awful live. : (
And Taking Back Sunday. Blah blah.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 26th, 2008 at 08:04am
Queens? Really?

I thought they did a terrible set omgno
Angelic Fruitcake
Falling In Love With The Board
Angelic Fruitcake
August 26th, 2008 at 08:34am
aha, either they really did or I was blinded by mad anticipation or something.

See I sort of owe them for turning my music taste around years and years ago; if i hadn't discovered them I'd still be listening to shitty music. tehe
So idk, I couldn't say anything along the lines of 'If they'd have played nursery ryhmes I'd have enjoyed it' cause I wouldn't, but I certainly wasn't disapointed with what they gave us. *shrugs*
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 26th, 2008 at 08:53am
I was really disappointed with them, but then again I don't think QOTSA are a festival band, like Chili Peppers..
Robin Sparkles
This Board Is My Home
Robin Sparkles

Mibba Blog
August 26th, 2008 at 09:57am
Think I saw a video of QOTSA a while back, they seemed to get the crowd going...

OMG DROPKICK MURPHYS WILL PWN ANY FESTIVAL NO MATTER WHAT.

Did anyone see MSI by any chance? Coolio
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 26th, 2008 at 10:57am
I've seen them supporting Foo's in Hyde Park and they were fab, I just thought they played a rubbish set considering a lot of the crowd weren't there for them and they only played about three songs that everyone knew.

Dropkicks were awesome Ah
Amanda and I were at the dance stage when MSI were on, watching some shitty band murder Nirvana.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
August 26th, 2008 at 11:35am
I agree with that; they played quite a few songs off albums. We were near the front and I for one went mental but it didn't seem like some people quite farther back were that bothered.

& Ahhh the Dropkicks were brilliant omg.

Oh god, I forgot about that. Who was it, the death set? They were god awful. Poor Kurt would have been turning in his grave.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 26th, 2008 at 01:06pm
Omg I know, I can't even remember which song it was now. I think I must have blocked it from my memory because of how awful it was!
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
August 26th, 2008 at 01:55pm
Ahh, it's just come to me, it was Territorial Pissings.

I remember 'cause the idiot said 'This is called "When I was an Alien" '
: /
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 26th, 2008 at 01:58pm
lmfao NO IT'S NOT YOU SHIT BAND
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
April 2nd, 2009 at 02:07pm
Hereee we go again. tehe

Lineup and tickets (pretty much sold out by the next day) were released on monday.

I'm there (Leeds, for me)! Anyone else?

Mixed feelings on the lineup this year, rather sick of everyone whinging about how 'indie' the lineup is this year, I've noticed people just appear to like to complain about how the lineup is getting worse every year (they did last year, and the lineup was amazing) ...then proceed to go and buy a ticket.

Admitedly there's fewer bands on the initial announcement I'd love to see than last year, but I can't say there's ever been a year when the full lineup has been announced and I haven't wanted to see at least 15 bands.

At the minute, I'm mostly interested in The Arctic Monkeys, The Prodigy, Gallows, The Maccabees, Eagles of Death Metal, Vampire Weekend, and Placebo.
Couple of others I might consider.

More to come next week, apparently.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 2nd, 2009 at 03:33pm
Hell yes, Reading here I come. Early bird coach package bought after refreshing the page and entering details for over 9 hours straight.

Tonnes more bands to be added, especially on the Lock Up Stage (which is blates the best one) and probably on the main stage too. Here's hoping for Jane's Addiction as the special guests. People keep moaning about the lineup but ffs, just look to the far right.... RADIOHEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Plus compared to last year they'd have to pull off a miracle to get it anywhere near as good. So far though its alright. All the people moaning and saying they're not going will be twiddling their thumbs come late August wishing they were actually there. But anyway its more about the experience really and finding out new bands to listen to and check out live than going to see one or two of your favourites. There's always something for everyone at Reading/Leeds rather than getting tied down with one genre.

I honestly cannot wait Very Happy
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
April 2nd, 2009 at 05:46pm
^ Exactly! Finding new music you love is part of the fun, people need to stop complaining there's too much/not enough "insert genre here"and just enjoy. Genre barriers tend to get to the point where they're just silly and unnecessary, having to put everything you hear into little boxes can take the joy out of it.

Ah, I queued from half 3 on monday outside HMV, nearly didn't get one even then, they apparently sold out about 5 minutes after we got ours. Didn't bother with an early bird, I worried about not having one last year and we were fine getting there early thursday morning.

I want to be there nowwwww tehe
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 2nd, 2009 at 06:18pm
Haha nice Very Happy I'll be there 6pm on the Wednesday ready for a whole extra day of partying! I really can't wait. Hopefully I'll get to Download too and it'll serve as a bit of a warm-up.

'Big Welsh act' to be announced next week on the NME/Radio 1 stage. Manics and Feeder played last year so doubt it'll be them. FFAF are already playing. My thoughts are: Lostprophets (most likely due to them being on the 'leaked line up'), Duffy, Stereophonics or Super Furry Animals.... although my mate reckons Tom Jones Wink
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
April 2nd, 2009 at 06:31pm
Oooh, heard about that. Stereophonics or LostProphets would be fab, must say I prefer the latters' older, heavier stuff, though, hopefully they'd play a bit of a variety. Tom Jones ftw, though! tehe

Apparently supposed to be a 'long awaited performance' act, too? An American band, possibly? Interesting...
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 3rd, 2009 at 06:54am
I'm hoping that'll be Jane's Addiction then!!! They were on the 'leaked' line-up but haven't been announced officially. They'd be epic to the power of epic.
Angelic Fruitcake
Angelic Fruitcake
April 3rd, 2009 at 12:17pm
Jane's Addiction would be fudging awesome. tehe

I'm still hoping for MGMT even though i've heard it's unlikely, gutted I missed them last year. Saw The Fratellis instead. Meh.
The Bears Are Coming
Basket Case
The Bears Are Coming
April 9th, 2009 at 04:57pm
one of my classmates is going
ENVY! Razz

I hope a lot of the bands playing there will also play here at lowlands a week earlier
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
April 10th, 2009 at 11:00am
Manic Street Preachers practically confirmed too....

http://www.tourdates.co.uk/news/13440-UK-tour-for-Manics
Register