VMA's

AuthorMessage
Whatzername409
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Whatzername409
September 1st, 2006 at 01:34am
The VMS's really sucked. Not because Green Day Lost, They weren't even at the show!, but The Racounters were awesome! and really helped the Show!! Jack Black wasn't his best tonight, a lot like the Nick Kid's Choice Awards, which wasn't that good either but at least Green Day won 2 awards!. But at least this year the show wasn't dominated by fucking RAPPERS!. Go AFI!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 1st, 2006 at 02:05am
christie road:
Why is this in the GD section O.o

It originated as a Green Day thread... it just expanded into more.
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
September 1st, 2006 at 03:00am
I don't care if I get yelled at for this one:

I wasn't even going for them. I was going for The Red Hot Chili Peppers really. WMUWSE got too much play and the video was only good the first few times of watching it. Dani California is much more entertaining and to tell you the truth, they're more experienced musicians and better in some ways. Not saying GD's not talented, just saying that they're really not the BEST band in the world. Sure they're favorites (they're still my favorite, of course =D) but there are better musicians out there.

Kinda mad AFI won though. It was for Miss Murder, right? Good song, but again it was only good the first hundred times it's been heard. At least something outside of the mainstream genre got the award for once, that's real spirit.

Random: did anyone see a commercial during the VMA's saying "mtv: 24 hours of music" Cracked me up.
Miss_Minority039
Geek
Miss_Minority039

Mibba
September 1st, 2006 at 03:03am
i'm sad that Green Day didn't win but they have one a heap of awards from american idiot so i don't really care so much the wmuwse vidoe i was not a big fan of but i still love Green Day they were up agianst some tuff competion this year as well
the resistance.
the resistance.

Mibba
September 1st, 2006 at 03:10am
dysLEXIa:

I wasn't even going for them. I was going for The Red Hot Chili Peppers really. WMUWSE got too much play and the video was only good the first few times of watching it. Dani California is much more entertaining and to tell you the truth, they're more experienced musicians and better in some ways. Not saying GD's not talented, just saying that they're really not the BEST band in the world. Sure they're favorites (they're still my favorite, of course =D) but there are better musicians out there.

Kinda mad AFI won though. It was for Miss Murder, right? Good song, but again it was only good the first hundred times it's been heard. At least something outside of the mainstream genre got the award for once, that's real spirit.

Random: did anyone see a commercial during the VMA's saying "mtv: 24 hours of music" Cracked me up.

I agree with you.
I was voting for Red Hot Chili Peppers the whole time. I liked Wmuwse the first 100 times I saw it played on the internet and MTV, but it pretty much died out a long while before the awards even came around. Afi is the same way, but at least it shows their fans are loyal when it comes to voting.

Laughing I saw the commercial. It was funny.
Sumthin Smushi
Idiot
Sumthin Smushi
September 1st, 2006 at 03:10am
dysLEXIa:

i kinda agree with you...i love RHCP...but i voted for both RHCP and GD...
i dont get the miss murder video...the song was good at first...but then it just got kinda annoying...and their vocalist looks like a girl... Shocked *no offence AFI fans!* Razz

well at least they didnt lose to FOB...there was this weird rumor(sp?) that they did... Confused
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
September 1st, 2006 at 03:25am
To quote both of you who quoted me, Thank you.

OMG AFI fans are so loyal. It's crazy. o_0 I saw a rawfeed of them on IMF (for those who have the channel, it's cool), it was dedicated to the fans. It's...pretty crazy. GD fans are crazy too, but it's different kinds of crazy right there. Anyone who's seen a hxc afi fan will know.

Then again, look at GD hxc fans like some of us here. Not too different. Not a bad thing though. Loyal fans are what makes a band big, may not be the band itself. Laughing

Haha, I'm talking about who should/shouldn't have won...I didn't even vote....xD
Sumthin Smushi
Idiot
Sumthin Smushi
September 1st, 2006 at 03:40am
i wouldnt know...im not really interested in AFI anywayz...*sorry Confused *
i think green day have the best fans ever...they shud be thankfull for people like us!!! Dancer LoL...

other than that...i have no idea what ur talkin about... Pat
im hyper rite now....but i want to sleep ZZZ haha
Diskoh
Falling In Love With The Board
Diskoh

Mibba
September 1st, 2006 at 07:57am
Eh. I'm not phased that Green Day didn't win, but from what I heard the VMA's were crap xD
I'm not gonna even bother watching them..
Micro Sheep
Micro Sheep
September 1st, 2006 at 08:27am
for the first time our mtv didn't air the shows.i wish i saw the vmas anyway.
hmmm GD lost but they have lots of awards so it's not a pity Laughing
i was sure they were going to be there.eh,i was wrong Laughing
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
September 1st, 2006 at 11:03am
Goodbye, Norma Jeane:
Panic! won Video of the year! Party

I know. I danced.

Ze Nerd, Bitch:
omgno I can't believe RHCP didn't win anything

Usually bands that dont attend strangely dont win. Funny that.
Sumthin Smushi
Idiot
Sumthin Smushi
September 1st, 2006 at 12:13pm
Ze Nerd, Bitch:
omgno I can't believe RHCP didn't win anything

RHCP did win...they won one award for "best art direction" for Dani California... Fizz
Forever
Addict
Forever
September 1st, 2006 at 12:21pm
WOO! Party I love Red Hot Chili Peppers. Fizz
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
September 1st, 2006 at 12:27pm
Whatzername409:
The VMS's really sucked. Not because Green Day Lost, They weren't even at the show!, but The Racounters were awesome! and really helped the Show!! Jack Black wasn't his best tonight, a lot like the Nick Kid's Choice Awards, which wasn't that good either but at least Green Day won 2 awards!. But at least this year the show wasn't dominated by fucking RAPPERS!. Go AFI!

Yeah, I thought it was great that the rappers didn't win everything, that's what I expected. Jack Black wasn't as funny as I thought he'd be, there were some funny skits, like the ones with Justin Timberlake and that big bald guy, but the only time I laughed when he was on stage was when his sleeve caught on fire. They acted like it would be so amazing with all these surprises and it really wasn't.
Rhiannon.
Rhiannon.

Mibba
September 1st, 2006 at 01:17pm
i personally do not like red hot chili peppers. all their songs sound the same to me... my father agrees.

panic at the discos performance was absolutly terrible. i dont like them inteh first place, so I colored a dragon folder with dry erase markers, and my ears were hurting afterwards.

how they won video of the year is beyond me... its not even a good video...

anyways.

i wonder how many shelves green day has for their awards... Think
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
September 1st, 2006 at 01:27pm
i was SO happy PANIC won. and i think their performance was great
jack black wasn't as funny as i thought he would be .... they need jimmy fallon back

patrick looked like a tv reporter lmfao
and pete had an amazing cape

i thought the whole house band / comedian thing was a waste of time
=)
Idiot
=)
September 1st, 2006 at 01:53pm
Your Mom Is A Man Whore:
i personally do not like red hot chili peppers. all their songs sound the same to me... my father agrees.

panic at the discos performance was absolutly terrible. i dont like them inteh first place, so I colored a dragon folder with dry erase markers, and my ears were hurting afterwards.

how they won video of the year is beyond me... its not even a good video...
anyways.

i wonder how many shelves green day has for their awards... Think

I agree. But worse videos could've won.

That didn't sound like very good Engish. Confused Meh.
wellthatslovely
wellthatslovely
September 1st, 2006 at 02:11pm
When Panic! won, who was that one guy that came on stage with them? Not sure if any of you notice, but there was some guy running up on stage before them and trying to advertise some website.

Was it planned, or was it...unplanned? o_0
Plus, he was trying to grab the moonman out of J.Lo's hands for a second, and J.Lo was like WTF, this isn't for you. o_o
Br@+
Br@+

Blog
September 1st, 2006 at 03:00pm
Fruit bagelz.:
When Panic! won, who was that one guy that came on stage with them? Not sure if any of you notice, but there was some guy running up on stage before them and trying to advertise some website.

Was it planned, or was it...unplanned? o_0
Plus, he was trying to grab the moonman out of J.Lo's hands for a second, and J.Lo was like WTF, this isn't for you. o_o

Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised oooooooooooooooooo my god!!! YOU HAVE A SAM ICON!!! FROM BENNY AND JOON!!!!! Crap im spamming....
Laughing i didn't see the VMA's but it sounds funny of what you guys said
lemur_for_prez
Geek
lemur_for_prez
September 1st, 2006 at 03:04pm
I'm glad AFI won, but I'm sad Green Day didn't.

Overall I thought the VMA's were okay...

Jack White looked pissed off though, when Jack Black was like "Hhaahaha Jack White and Jack Black we should start a band!!"

The Racontuers were cool, though...

Smile
Register