What Green Day CDs need a Parental Advisory?

AuthorMessage
whatsername48417
Geek
whatsername48417
November 14th, 2006 at 07:44pm
i think that a parantal advisotry is gay cuz i have liked gd for like almost 5 yrs and my parents donot care and if some one wants to hear someone cuss then they can
SynGatesrocksmybed
King For A Couple Of Days
SynGatesrocksmybed

Mibba
November 14th, 2006 at 07:46pm
whatsername48417:
i think that a parantal advisotry is gay cuz i have liked gd for like almost 5 yrs and my parents donot care and if some one wants to hear someone cuss then they can

I know it's dumb my parents hear some one cuss everyday on tv any where so they dont care
Mechanical_Chick'05
Geek
Mechanical_Chick'05
November 14th, 2006 at 07:47pm
whatsername48417:

If you're as old as you say you are on your profile, I wouldn't blame your parents for not caring what you listen to.
catch_22
Geek
catch_22
November 14th, 2006 at 07:49pm
I dont think there should be one, if there kids parents have a problem with it, they should be looking at what there kid is buying....i really dont find anything wrong with Green Day songs, they may swear now and then, or talk about like sex or drugs but what band doesn't????
And its not as bad as some things....such as like rap....and pop....which most of the younger genera(spelling?) is listening to.
Mechanical_Chick'05
Geek
Mechanical_Chick'05
November 14th, 2006 at 07:57pm
catch_22:
I dont think there should be one, if there kids parents have a problem with it, they should be looking at what there kid is buying....i really dont find anything wrong with Green Day songs, they may swear now and then, or talk about like sex or drugs but what band doesn't and its not bad like some somes....such as like rap....and pop....

Umm, the Goo Goo Dolls, 3 Doors Down, Flyleaf, Good Charlotte, Switchfoot, U2, ect...

You're probably one of those hardcore music people aren't you?
catch_22
Geek
catch_22
November 14th, 2006 at 08:20pm
Mechanical_Chick'05:
catch_22:
I dont think there should be one, if there kids parents have a problem with it, they should be looking at what there kid is buying....i really dont find anything wrong with Green Day songs, they may swear now and then, or talk about like sex or drugs but what band doesn't and its not bad like some somes....such as like rap....and pop....

Umm, the Goo Goo Dolls, 3 Doors Down, Flyleaf, Good Charlotte, Switchfoot, U2, ect...

You're probably one of those hardcore music people aren't you?

Yuppers.....lol....and like the older music.... i really cant stand the music thats out today most of its a joke
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
November 14th, 2006 at 08:42pm
None.

My parents wont let me get them if they see the parental advisory stamp...Buying me american idiot came back and bit my dad in the butt...After he heard the first song he threatened to burn all my cds.

Then 8 months after the release of BIAB my mom gave in and bought it for me...
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
November 14th, 2006 at 08:58pm
I got to say that even though I think that most of Green Day's CD should have Parental Advisory, I don't like them. I'm just say that after I got all of Green Day's CDs and heard all the swearing, I was surprised they didn't have PA on them. It doesn't matter for me. I'm 18 and I can listen to what I want. But I don't think my parents even know that Green Day swear so much. Not that it matters anyway.
Miss_Minority039
Geek
Miss_Minority039

Mibba
November 14th, 2006 at 09:00pm
my perants didn't like me listening to green day when i fist started to i was like 6 years old but i told them that i really liked the music and i wanted to and they told me as long as i didn't swear lol but i did until i was like 13 and then i stopped swearing and now i'm 18 and my lil brother who is 2 swears when he hears one of their songs being playd and my step mom goes nuts lmao
Bearby Jones
Banned
Bearby Jones

Blog
November 14th, 2006 at 09:02pm
none
Bearby Jones
Banned
Bearby Jones

Blog
November 14th, 2006 at 09:02pm
none
Whitney.
Idiot
Whitney.
November 14th, 2006 at 09:10pm
Well American Idiot and Bullet In A Bible already have them and that's good haha.
But I think Nimrod should. I mean, listen to some of their songs on their haha
Its a really really good CD though, but it's just explicit worthy =D
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
November 14th, 2006 at 09:45pm
Listen People I know that most kids arent going to care. neither are the parents but some do and thats why theyre there. I mean i heard someone said that if a kid isnt suppose to listen to it then dont buy it but how are they going to know that it cusses without it? If the parents dont care, then let em buy it. but some parents do. its not a matter of that though. without them a lot of people would be very offended by the swearing. I can understand where everyone can say they dont need them but thats your opinion. I mean, if you heard wmuwse on the radio, and u liked it but didnt like cursing then without the PA on idiot then you would buy it and get upset. But most of you hear it anyway and dont care but more younger kids are hearing green day on the radio and liking them. I know a lot of people dont like the little kiddies and teenies that hardly ever swear if they swear at all but still theyre going to buy it anyway. Especially if they listen to most safe pop music on the radio these days. Thats why Green Day stands out. Besides rap and really hard punk and metal, green day is the only band on the pop/rock charts that actually use hardcore swearing. My opinion, AI wasnt all that bad with swearing compared to Insomniac Dookie and Nimrod but still just imagine for a moment that ur from an anti-swearing family and heard Good Riddance on the radio and bought Nimrod which doesnt have the sticker on it and listend to the grouch, nice guys finish last, take back and platypus for the first time. You and your parents would probably be offended. See where im going?
Sid and Nancy
Geek
Sid and Nancy

Mibba
November 14th, 2006 at 09:59pm
ummmm none.... well nimrod...
Sid and Nancy
Geek
Sid and Nancy

Mibba
Sid and Nancy
Geek
Sid and Nancy

Mibba
Sid and Nancy
Geek
Sid and Nancy

Mibba
November 14th, 2006 at 10:00pm
^^^ ooppsay that sumited 3 times.... sorry peoplez!
Mechanical_Chick'05
Geek
Mechanical_Chick'05
November 14th, 2006 at 10:00pm
star-gazer93:
Listen People I know that most kids arent going to care. neither are the parents but some do and thats why theyre there. I mean i heard someone said that if a kid isnt suppose to listen to it then dont buy it but how are they going to know that it cusses without it? If the parents dont care, then let em buy it. but some parents do. its not a matter of that though. without them a lot of people would be very offended by the swearing. I can understand where everyone can say they dont need them but thats your opinion. I mean, if you heard wmuwse on the radio, and u liked it but didnt like cursing then without the PA on idiot then you would buy it and get upset. But most of you hear it anyway and dont care but more younger kids are hearing green day on the radio and liking them. I know a lot of people dont like the little kiddies and teenies that hardly ever swear if they swear at all but still theyre going to buy it anyway. Especially if they listen to most safe pop music on the radio these days. Thats why Green Day stands out. Besides rap and really hard punk and metal, green day is the only band on the pop/rock charts that actually use hardcore swearing. My opinion, AI wasnt all that bad with swearing compared to Insomniac Dookie and Nimrod but still just imagine for a moment that ur from an anti-swearing family and heard Good Riddance on the radio and bought Nimrod which doesnt have the sticker on it and listend to the grouch, nice guys finish last, take back and platypus for the first time. You and your parents would probably be offended. See where im going?

I totally agree, except the part about Green Day being pop/rock Snajper I hate when people say that.
star-gazer93
Geek
star-gazer93
November 14th, 2006 at 10:17pm
[QUOTE="Mechanical_Chicksorry i didnt say they were its just that theyre on those charts. Theyre too "unsafe" and punky to be a true pop band. Also They have a black and white sticker on their cd...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 14th, 2006 at 10:19pm
Mechanical_Chick'05:

I disagree. Some parents might not want their children (young, like before double digit ages) to hear those kinds of words. Which I think is good because too many young kids talk nasty.

Of course now a days, it's hard to find sensible parents who will actually pay attention to the labels.

Parental Advisory stickers can end up Cd's for alot more than just language. Any parent that will blindly abide by someone elses views of acceptable is a brain washed zombie. If you don't want your children listening to that, it's fine, but don't ban something because someone else deemed it obscene, thats foolish.
Register