Avril Lavigne

AuthorMessage
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
May 14th, 2007 at 06:06pm
i've come across a few songs of the new record and actually like a few.
nimrodidiot
Jackass
nimrodidiot

Blog
May 14th, 2007 at 08:04pm
I dunno. She was alright back in the day. Now, she is turning cheeks. She says she's a punk-rocker, but she's sure as hell not acting like one. In an interview she states:

"[When I wrote 'Girlfriend'] I was trying to be polite... I didn't want to be mean."

What the hell? Punk is in-your-face music. If she can't deal with that, she needs to stop recording.

That's my opinion.
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
May 14th, 2007 at 10:57pm
nimrodidiot:
I dunno. She was alright back in the day. Now, she is turning cheeks. She says she's a punk-rocker, but she's sure as hell not acting like one. In an interview she states:

"[When I wrote 'Girlfriend'] I was trying to be polite... I didn't want to be mean."

What the hell? Punk is in-your-face music. If she can't deal with that, she needs to stop recording.

That's my opinion.

She doesn't claim she's punk anymore.
[[PoliticalPunk.]]
Geek
[[PoliticalPunk.]]

Blog
May 19th, 2007 at 08:19pm
I find her rather annoying...
She lip synced at the logies here in aussieland, and she still fucked it up 0_0
Angelic Fruitcake
Falling In Love With The Board
Angelic Fruitcake
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:15pm
I used to be a huge fan of Avril.
Her music, well...Its not really for me.
"Girlfriend" is a alright, I suppose.
Its catchy, anyway.

But ive seen her on shows and her making the video thing, and I really cant stand her attitude. I just dont like her.
Maybe she comes off the wrong way, I dont know.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
May 22nd, 2007 at 08:00pm
I like "I'm With You"

No, I love that song.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
May 26th, 2007 at 08:30pm
A Melancholy Autumn:
I like "I'm With You"

No, I love that song.

OMGyes That song was like, my obsession.
When I was 11.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
May 27th, 2007 at 12:34am
nimrodidiot:

That's my opinion.
Does it honestly bother the shit out of you whether Avril claims she's punk or not? You are wasting your time if you fully believe she isn't punk or is. Let her be what she wants.
nyeh.
Addict
nyeh.

Blog
May 27th, 2007 at 11:06pm
I remeber that first album...I was in the third grade and thought it was the greatest thing evar. Now she really drives me crazy. I mean it. Its not a thing about how she thinks shes punk, she's just annoying. Remeber that video of her flipping off and spitting on the paprazzi? What the hell? This new song is a constant pain in the ass and every interview I've seen of her makes me want to punch something. I'm just annoyed.... I don't know what it is, I jus think she's screechy and immature and irritating... Ugh....
Protest the Hero.
Protest the Hero.
May 30th, 2007 at 08:53pm
I can't say I like her music, but I'm glad that she's done something different this time.
In my opinion, she's slowly realizing she's not punk, and is embracing her pop side. Sure, she still wears the clothes, the eyeliner, and still has the attitude, but I want you to listen to Girlfriend an tell me that that song was not mean to be a pop song.
I haven't heard anything else from her new album, so I don't know if she's still making pUNX rawk songs, or just pop songs. All I can say is that I think she's becoming a little bit smarter about her place in music.
ree-ee-annan
King For A Couple Of Days
ree-ee-annan
May 31st, 2007 at 08:52am
I really like her.

Her new album is amazing.
Lightnday
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Lightnday
June 4th, 2007 at 03:53pm
Some of her songs are good, and she's got talent, but songs like Girlfriend really suck and definitely don't deserve to be that popular.
Miss Katy
Jackass
Miss Katy
June 5th, 2007 at 11:35am
The new album is so much fun, just don't take it too seriously. I'm quite scared that I haven't got bored of it yet.

She was completely drunk when she wrote most of the songs on there anyway so what else do you expect?
hay lin
Idiot
hay lin
June 7th, 2007 at 02:53am
She's got a new video clip. When Your Gone. I really love it. It's a slow song.
You can watch it here:

I hope you like it! Very Happy
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
June 7th, 2007 at 03:54am
Angelic Fruitcake:

But ive seen her on shows and her making the video thing, and I really cant stand her attitude. I just dont like her.
Maybe she comes off the wrong way, I dont know.

i fully agree.
Mrs.PatrickStump
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Mrs.PatrickStump
June 7th, 2007 at 12:57pm
i think shes reely good! she is such a great song writer & an awesome singer!

Blog
June 7th, 2007 at 09:28pm
My opinion of her used to be kinda neutal (meaning I liked some songs and I didn't like others) but after seeing her half naked on a magazine cover, I've lost a bit of respect for her.
hay lin
Idiot
hay lin
June 8th, 2007 at 07:03am
She wasn't half naked. She was wearing a tube top or something like that. They just cut it out of the picture. So she wasn't half naked.

Blog
June 8th, 2007 at 04:34pm
...Neutral

If that's true, then they have the best photoshopping skills I've ever seen...

Are you sure we're talking about the same magazine?

Anyways...my english teacher was humming Keep Holding On really off-key today, it was pretty funny.
hay lin
Idiot
hay lin
June 9th, 2007 at 07:11am
Yes, I'm sure we're talking about the same magazine because there was never another magazine we're she was wearing 'nothing.'

But it is true. She said that she was wearing a tube top.
Register