Boycott YouTube!

AuthorMessage
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 10:42pm
I was thinking of more political moments in her reign. Diana's death was more of a reuniting of the British people.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 10:49pm
tyco:
ewwwwww why would the queen morn dopey dia anyways?... i dont particularly like her!

right..... the queen dose represent the uk! and we are very very proud of her! not to the point where we would bend down to her feet and kiss her toes like tialand seems to do with your king.
also the king of tialand is not you... or anyone else

and as for the what i said in other threads make me not represent my queen... thats you telling me what i feel again... and thats an impossibility so please stop, thank you!, anyways the thing is, is that we are alloud the voice or room to so to speak to think for ourselves if the queen says jump there are a few that would jump but most would probably wave them goodbye,
also the queen is very much a peoples person she will listen and sure she has maybe made bad decisions but "to err is human!" she is only human we make mistakes we are not perfect!

and we are missing the point really what im not happy with is you telling others to bann youtube on your behalf!
What the hell do you know about our King? Like I said, I don't think you bothered to read a single post I made previously. He does represent us, he is us, and just because you don't have an icon as such doesn't mean you have to deny any such existance of one.

I have no clue what the middle part of that post means.

And, I'm not telling, I'm asking. If someone made rude insulting videos of yourself you'd do the same, if you have any respect for yourself. The video depicts feet over our King's head. Since you are intrested in Buddhism, you should know what that means to us.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 11:40pm
Anji:
What the hell do you know about our King? Like I said, I don't think you bothered to read a single post I made previously. He does represent us, he is us, and just because you don't have an icon as such doesn't mean you have to deny any such existance of one.

And, I'm not telling, I'm asking. If someone made rude insulting videos of yourself you'd do the same, if you have any respect for yourself. The video depicts feet over our King's head. Since you are intrested in Buddhism, you should know what that means to us.

It would be silly to think every single person agrees with what the king does, that isn't possible. He might represent the vast majority of you, but the majority isn't everyone. If it was, then this video wouldn't exist. If someone made a video like that about me, I wouldn't have the site hosting it banned in all my country, thats insane. Everyone should have the right to express their feelings. If that's how they feel about your king, then you can't tell them they aren't allowed to think that. They are. It doesn't matter how much of a minority they are in, their opinions are still important.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 01:20am
Kurtni:
Anji:

It would be silly to think every single person agrees with what the king does, that isn't possible. He might represent the vast majority of you, but the majority isn't everyone. If it was, then this video wouldn't exist. If someone made a video like that about me, I wouldn't have the site hosting it banned in all my country, thats insane. Everyone should have the right to express their feelings. If that's how they feel about your king, then you can't tell them they aren't allowed to think that. They are. It doesn't matter how much of a minority they are in, their opinions are still important.
The fact that this video was made by a foreigner is, I find anyways, racist. Yeah, maybe there are like three people in the whole of Thailand who don't like the King. But seriously, he has 100% approval. The video wasn't made by a resentful Thai. The government has banned the video, I disagree the the ban.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
April 14th, 2007 at 03:09pm
People from other countries do have a right to disagree with the decisions that the ruler of your country makes. They also have the right to just not like the guy. If I had a nickel for every Irishman who thought George Bush was a fart-sucking twat, I'd buy DC Comics and make them bring back Pieface.

But seriously. No matter how much you guys like your king, you don't have the last word in how the rest of the world views him. I don't believe it was racist; if a white guy slams Hugo Chavez, is that racist? Is a dis towards anyone of a different race automatically racist? Of course not. It happened that this guy thought your king was a bit of a dick. Sorry, but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

I'm glad to hear you disagree with the ban, at least. That's borderline totalitarian. If a Thai had made it, I'd be getting a lot more antsy right now.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
April 14th, 2007 at 05:13pm
Anji:
tyco:
ewwwwww why would the queen morn dopey dia anyways?... i dont particularly like her!

right..... the queen dose represent the uk! and we are very very proud of her! not to the point where we would bend down to her feet and kiss her toes like tialand seems to do with your king.
also the king of tialand is not you... or anyone else

and as for the what i said in other threads make me not represent my queen... thats you telling me what i feel again... and thats an impossibility so please stop, thank you!, anyways the thing is, is that we are alloud the voice or room to so to speak to think for ourselves if the queen says jump there are a few that would jump but most would probably wave them goodbye,
also the queen is very much a peoples person she will listen and sure she has maybe made bad decisions but "to err is human!" she is only human we make mistakes we are not perfect!

and we are missing the point really what im not happy with is you telling others to bann youtube on your behalf!

i know your king isnt you or anyone else thats kinda obvious... he may represent you.

just by the title it sounds like your telling "Boycott YouTube!"

i wouldnt bann the sight i would politely ask the powers at be on youtube if they would kindly take it down.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 02:20am
Want me to change the title?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 08:26am
tyco:
i wouldnt bann the sight i would politely ask the powers at be on youtube if they would kindly take it down.

Don't you think somebody has already tried that? T_T

The issue remains that youtube let humiliating videos up on their site, and whereas it might be "ZOMG! FR33D0M 0F 5P33CH!!1" to have shit like that up, I don't think its very fair. It would take an outrageously liberal mind to say "Okay, so that person who put that horrible video of me on youtube has freedom to do that, I support it".

Obviously, this is in a wider scope than the Thai king, but when a foreign government take action to ban a website, the words "totalitarian" and "dictator" spring to mind. Maybe if (and I'm sure it has) such a thing happens to a lowly internet addict such as myself, or any number of people here, the term e-bullying might rather spring to mind.
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
Idiot
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
April 15th, 2007 at 08:40am
Newsflash: Thailand needs to get over itself.

Correction:

The Thai King needs to get over himself.

Totalitarians aren't the way forward.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 09:41am
LiamIsn'tOnFire.:

Correction:

Newsflash: Thai government banned the video, not the king.

Correction:

dfsjkgfadbgdjhgbfkajkdghkfdg PLEASE, do some research before you bandy political terms around, or at least know what you're talking about!1. The thai king isn't a totalitarian. He doesn't have control over the government.

Wrongly accusing people isn't the way forward.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 11:35am
LiamIsn'tOnFire.:

Correction:

You are an utter bastard. Don't you go talking about issues you barely know about. It seems that the offensive people aren't just on YouTube, they're on here too.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:08pm
Anji:
LiamIsn'tOnFire.:

Correction:

You are an utter bastard. Don't you go talking about issues you barely know about. It seems that the offensive people aren't just on YouTube, they're on here too.

no need for personal insults. Just direct the chap to a political words dictionary next time.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:44pm
NeoSteph:
Anji:
LiamIsn'tOnFire.:

Correction:

no need for personal insults. Just direct the chap to a political words dictionary next time.
You're on moderator alert right now, aren't you? Telling people to mind themselves and to think before they speak.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:51pm
Anji:
NeoSteph:
Anji:
LiamIsn'tOnFire.:

Correction:

You're on moderator alert right now, aren't you? Telling people to mind themselves and to think before they speak.

Just keeping the peace.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:56pm
It's the board police on patrol. Everyone hide!
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 02:16pm
Anji:
It's the board police on patrol. Everyone hide!

oh if only dujo agreed to those outfits i wanted.

I'm clamping down until this section becomes less hostile to new people.
Register