AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 29th, 2008 at 04:35pm
CountMikeulasNextVictim:
NeoSteph:

Manipulation is about getting someone to agree to something she doesn't want to do by increasing pressure. Her mother and father were both present but on a photo shoot you can have up to 30 people there backing up the photographer so they could have felt the pressure just as much at the young lady in question.

Fashion photgraphers are dangerous people, they treat there subjects like pieces of furnitures, I've done modelling shoots and even though it was advertisement for good friends of mine and i'm an adult i felt incrediably insecure standing under a spotlight, its easier to go along with what they ask you to do.
your basically being ganged up on and feel you have to say yes just like any kinda of pressure I assume

Yeah you need a thick skin to be a model and if you want to make it you take critisism and do what your told. there's alot of

''she looks better from the left cause her nose doesn't look as big''
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
April 29th, 2008 at 04:37pm
tbh, i don't see anything wrong with it other than it's not that good a picture of her.

she's one year away from being "of age" and she's old enough to figure that "sex" and pictures like that can go for or against her career.

there is no one to blame.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 29th, 2008 at 06:31pm
NeoSteph:
Her mother and father were both present but on a photo shoot you can have up to 30 people there backing up the photographer so they could have felt the pressure just as much at the young lady in question.
That's not an excuse. As parent's they're obligated to make sure she isn't put into compromising situations, and no amount of pressure excuses them from that duty.
Rocker Chic
King For A Couple Of Days
Rocker Chic

Blog
April 29th, 2008 at 07:09pm
^ I absolutely agree. Someone should've stepped in. It's her parent's job to protect their daughter, and they should've realized that it was inappropriate. They had the right to say no to a photographer if they thought it was getting too racy - it's utterly ridiculous to say that they were all "manipulated". No one forced her to take her shirt off...
CountMikeulasNextVictim
Post Whore
CountMikeulasNextVictim

Blog
April 29th, 2008 at 07:16pm
like I said before everyone present is to blame,if not her parents to step in and stop it you'd think someone in there might have stepped up and voiced how they felt about it
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
April 29th, 2008 at 07:22pm
all you could see was her back anyway.
People need to stop making a big deal over nothing.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
April 29th, 2008 at 08:59pm
I think the thing here that's even bigger than the slightly provocative picture is just - what's next? At 15, Miley's already been caught up in more than just this incident regarding racy photos. So what will she do next? If she's taking suggestive photos now, what will she be doing when she's 16 or 17? I think that should raise some concern.

It's the overexposure kid stars get these days that drives them over the edge. They're told that fame and fortune and being successful and sqeaky clean are the most important things, and they wind up doing ridiculous things do either draw attention to themselves or to rebel against their supposed to be "good" image.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 30th, 2008 at 06:32am
Kurtni:
NeoSteph:
Her mother and father were both present but on a photo shoot you can have up to 30 people there backing up the photographer so they could have felt the pressure just as much at the young lady in question.
That's not an excuse. As parent's they're obligated to make sure she isn't put into compromising situations, and no amount of pressure excuses them from that duty.

Put the pitchforks away, I'm not saying its an excuse, just what happens. People don't become perfect just because they have children. Every parent makes mistakes, their unlucky enough that its done in full view of the world.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
April 30th, 2008 at 09:18am
I heard on the news that those photos were taken when her parents weren't in the room. Coolio

On a side note, now my Dad knows that Miley and Hannah are the same person. ..He thought they were sisters..
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
April 30th, 2008 at 10:23am
vonny:
I heard on the news that those photos were taken when her parents weren't in the room. Coolio

On a side note, now my Dad knows that Miley and Hannah are the same person. ..He thought they were sisters..

Apparently, sources are saying that her parents left before the last shot was taken, but her grandmother was still present as well as her tutor.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 30th, 2008 at 03:31pm
CountMikeulasNextVictim:
Everyone present is to blame

Well, eh, you might as well just say the whole world is to blame, including me and you and the tea-lady at Vanity Fair, because we're all part of it in some way, really.

Annie Leibovitz was the one who took the infamous pictures of the Queen not-stroming-out-of-a-photoshoot, wasn't she? Ha. That was controversial. Maybe causing scandals is her way of being noticed.

And I think everyone who is blaming her parents needs to take a step back and think about what they're actually saying. When you were all 15, did you blame your parents for your every single mistake? I hope not, because it wasn't their fault, it was probably yours. Just because this -person- is living her life in the public eye does not make her any less susceptible to mistakes; it just means that her mistakes will always be grossly misrepresented on a grander scale. If her parents did control her every move, appearance and public statement, they would be accused of being pushy, controlling fame-freaks.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 30th, 2008 at 07:53pm
Bloodraine:
CountMikeulasNextVictim:
Everyone present is to blame

Well, eh, you might as well just say the whole world is to blame, including me and you and the tea-lady at Vanity Fair, because we're all part of it in some way, really.

Annie Leibovitz was the one who took the infamous pictures of the Queen not-stroming-out-of-a-photoshoot, wasn't she? Ha. That was controversial. Maybe causing scandals is her way of being noticed.

And I think everyone who is blaming her parents needs to take a step back and think about what they're actually saying. When you were all 15, did you blame your parents for your every single mistake? I hope not, because it wasn't their fault, it was probably yours. Just because this -person- is living her life in the public eye does not make her any less susceptible to mistakes; it just means that her mistakes will always be grossly misrepresented on a grander scale. If her parents did control her every move, appearance and public statement, they would be accused of being pushy, controlling fame-freaks.

and as we all know that worked out grand for britney spears.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 1st, 2008 at 02:25am
i don't see what's bad about those pictures
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2008 at 05:58am
Cry Baby:
They aren't terribly bad. The problem is she's 15 years old and works for Disney. Therefore her fan base is young children. The photos are a little inappropriate for young children to see..
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 1st, 2008 at 12:54pm
vonny:
Cry Baby:
They aren't terribly bad. The problem is she's 15 years old and works for Disney. Therefore her fan base is young children. The photos are a little inappropriate for young children to see..

when i wrote that i'd only seen the jeans tank top pics not the towel ones. idk i guess you're right, but from her facial expression and everything, she totally knew what she was doing.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
May 1st, 2008 at 01:18pm
I think people are making too big a deal about about.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
May 1st, 2008 at 07:27pm
i feel like they never should have asked a 15 year old to take off their top, especially a disney star like her

that being said, i don't think the pictures are all that bad. i actually think they're kind of beautiful in a way.

everyone had a hand in this in my opinion. miley shouldn't have said yes, but i can understand why she did. i mean like, when a photographer asks you to do something it'd be weird to be like "no." so if it was me i'd feel weird about it but do it anyway
i dunno
whoa
whoa
May 1st, 2008 at 07:36pm
L.A. Ghost:
Also, Annie Leibovitz, she's been involved in some other scandal before hasn't she? The name's familiar.

She's done quite a bit of controversial work. She was the last person to photograph John Lennon, which were the photographs where he was nude and wrapped around Yoko Ono, and she was also responsible for the nude cover of Demi Moore when she was very pregnant.

She's a very respected photographer that worked with Rolling Stone and has worked with Vanity Fair since the..1980s, I believe.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 1st, 2008 at 07:44pm
victoria california:
i feel like they never should have asked a 15 year old to take off their top
I agree. In a sense, virtually everyone has contributed to the increase on the importance of sexuality for society as a whole, she just happens to be the latest victim caught in that web.

I do still stand by what I said about her parents. It's idiotic to allow a minor, only 15 years old, to pose with no top on. Thats exploitation. She's only 15, when you throw her into an industry such as the one she's in, she's going to need help making smart choices and her parents certainly didn't help her with that. It isn't so much about blaming them as it is expecting them to take responsibility.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 1st, 2008 at 10:11pm
I don't think there would be any fuss if she wasn't so young. I think, if nothing else, those involved should have been smart enough to realize that a fifteen year old does not belong naked under a sheet, for any reason. I don't think it's the most sexual picture, but when I'm looking at it, the only thing in my mind is "Holy shit, this kid's fifteen and naked", not "What an artistic photograph".
Register