AuthorMessage
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 7th, 2008 at 10:56am
NeoSteph:
I blame Freud for putting greek complexes in our heads. Laughing
Freud did nothing but theorise, there is no proof of any of his theories. Unfortunately psychiatrists have learned to make ridiculous amounts of money by pretending that all his theories were true and turning his random words to describe the mind, into psychobable, i.e. 'self-esteem', 'inner-child', 'denial', 'closure', 'repression', etc. Without a Freudian perspective, it is still unconventional, just without a close analysis.
NeoSteph:
What I find interesting about this case is that much more racy photograph's of children have been used in exhibits all over the world in many cases the parents being the photographers and apart from a few select cases there's hardly any backlash from the media because its confined to the art world. However put the spotlight on a celebrity in a national magazine and its pitchforks ahoy.

So is this really a question of its wrong because she's 15 or its wrong because its publicity not art?
Are you kidding? There is so much contraversy over child photographers, like Sarah what's-her-name, no, it's Sally Mann, who photographed her children nude. The difference in coverage is that art is not as globalised as celebrity culture, that's all, so the contraversy rages on in a smaller scale. Because it's a celebrity, she purposely puts herself in the public eye, and is responsibly the they response she gets for her actions, no matter how rash. It's publicity, so everyone is entitled to have a say on it, whereas only artists tend to comment on other artists works.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
May 8th, 2008 at 09:06pm
Ieva Howard:
victoria california:
it's barely covering her in the main shot, her arms are. that's near nudity and that's near illegal. i've got nothing against nude shots as long as they're 18 or older, but this was far too close for my liking.
arms = near nudity? oh god.

like i said, i have no problem with the pictures really
and no, it's her back and clearly she's naked underneath the sheet
it's the idea, not the photograph itself
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 9th, 2008 at 12:37pm
Anji:
NeoSteph:
I blame Freud for putting greek complexes in our heads. Laughing
Freud did nothing but theorise, there is no proof of any of his theories. Unfortunately psychiatrists have learned to make ridiculous amounts of money by pretending that all his theories were true and turning his random words to describe the mind, into psychobable, i.e. 'self-esteem', 'inner-child', 'denial', 'closure', 'repression', etc. Without a Freudian perspective, it is still unconventional, just without a close analysis.
NeoSteph:
What I find interesting about this case is that much more racy photograph's of children have been used in exhibits all over the world in many cases the parents being the photographers and apart from a few select cases there's hardly any backlash from the media because its confined to the art world. However put the spotlight on a celebrity in a national magazine and its pitchforks ahoy.

So is this really a question of its wrong because she's 15 or its wrong because its publicity not art?
Are you kidding? There is so much contraversy over child photographers, like Sarah what's-her-name, no, it's Sally Mann, who photographed her children nude. The difference in coverage is that art is not as globalised as celebrity culture, that's all, so the contraversy rages on in a smaller scale. Because it's a celebrity, she purposely puts herself in the public eye, and is responsibly the they response she gets for her actions, no matter how rash. It's publicity, so everyone is entitled to have a say on it, whereas only artists tend to comment on other artists works.

isn't that exactly what I just said. Confused
BLiNK ME
Jackass
BLiNK ME
May 9th, 2008 at 03:26pm
this whole miley thing is nothing compared to this.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 9th, 2008 at 05:50pm
sorry s.o.b:

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

You're my new favorite noob.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 9th, 2008 at 07:58pm
sorry s.o.b:
Ily. lmfao lmfao lmfao

I almost died laughing.
BLiNK ME
Jackass
BLiNK ME
May 9th, 2008 at 08:45pm
haha =]
I was at wal-mart and walked across that and just went
o.O "wtf? that aint right. pedos would just love that."
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 10th, 2008 at 10:38am
lmfaolmfao

How is a dog pulling down a toddlers pants got to do with towells
BLiNK ME
Jackass
BLiNK ME
May 10th, 2008 at 12:39pm
exactly! i should send that in to entertainment tonight so they can have a huge fuss.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 10th, 2008 at 08:52pm
NeoSteph:
lmfaolmfao

They're not related?

Damn, I must be using my towels wrong. Shifty
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 11th, 2008 at 08:56am
Kurtni:
NeoSteph:
lmfaolmfao

They're not related?

Damn, I must be using my towels wrong. Shifty

please.....explain how you use a towell to pull a toddlers pants down whilst using a dog?

lmfao.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 11th, 2008 at 09:51am
NeoSteph:
isn't that exactly what I just said. Confused
I don't know. Coolio
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
May 11th, 2008 at 10:37pm
She is catnip for pedos I agree Supermans Dead
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 12th, 2008 at 05:59am
victoria california:
Ieva Howard:
victoria california:
it's barely covering her in the main shot, her arms are. that's near nudity and that's near illegal. i've got nothing against nude shots as long as they're 18 or older, but this was far too close for my liking.

I'm naked underneath my clothes.

Sad
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
May 12th, 2008 at 11:24am
Cry Baby:
victoria california:
Ieva Howard:
victoria california:

I'm naked underneath my clothes.

Sad
ily.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2008 at 06:22pm
victoria california:
Ieva Howard:
victoria california:

So because a percentage of the population will view those photographs in a derogatory sense we should docter imagery so as to police how some people think.

Yes idea's can lead to actions but that doesn't make the thought process illegal. 1984 much.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2008 at 06:25pm
NeoSteph:

So because a percentage of the population will view those photographs in a derogatory sense we should docter imagery so as to police how some people think.

Yes idea's can lead to actions but that doesn't make the thought process illegal. 1984 much.
If she wasn't a minor, she could use her image to promote whatever kind of ideas she wanted to, but 15 year old girls don't have any business taking risque photos like that. If she was 18, this wouldn't be an issue, but she isn't. Shes a minor.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 12th, 2008 at 06:29pm
Kurtni:
NeoSteph:

If she wasn't a minor, she could use her image to promote whatever kind of ideas she wanted to, but 15 year old girls don't have any business taking risque photos like that. If she was 18, this wouldn't be an issue, but she isn't. Shes a minor.

If these photo's showed her topless whilst eating a banana then i'd agree with you. But the condemning doesn't match the context.

slighty risque yes. sexual no.

If anything and judging by everyones reactions here, the photo's have promoted her youth more than anything else, none of you are saying she's slutty for doing this but naive. That to me shows that the message is not sexual.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
May 13th, 2008 at 08:26am
I am highly offended by these photographs.

Not because she's topless but because she looks ugly as fuck and makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit everytime I see it. Thank god she's only 15 and no man will have to suffer that for the next few years.

It also makes me wonder why proper good looking girls can't get on TV.
vivalarorya
Falling In Love With The Board
vivalarorya
May 16th, 2008 at 10:09pm
Okay.

I see why Disney's putting up such a fuss about it, completely, with the whole CHILDRENARECORRUPTABLE thing.

But I'm all for the photographs, tbqh, and I'd've done exactly the same thing in Miley's shoes.

First off, I mean...Annie Leibowitz is one of my favorite photographers. No way in hell would I have been able to turn down an offer to shoot with her. The shot she took of John Lennon and Yoko Ono that was on the Lennon tribute RS cover is one of my favorite photographs...ever.

And I was talking to my mom about it, she said that someone, I think Brooke Shields was doing waaaay more sexual things when she was Miley's age, and there wasn't as much of an uproar about it.

And, I mean...she's a teenager. You can't [necessarily] expect her to be locked in that wholesome Disney Bubble for long. Teenagers in general want to try new things, do stuff that they couldn't do when they were...well, when they were the age of most Hannah Montana viewers. Be liberated. But that's nothing no one didn't know before.

And, well...I just like the pictures. I think they're very well done. [shrug]

So yeh, that's my [badly worded] two cents.
Register