Changing Education Paradigms

AuthorMessage
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 26th, 2011 at 07:55pm
No matter what anyone says, if they don't agree with you then you don't even want to hear what they have to say. FOR ANYTHING. This is a discuss section and you don't even try and discuss things with people you just tell them that what they have to say is wrong without putting it in those words. No one 'goes after' anyone unless they are being completely idiotic like you are in every single thread you post in. It's getting old and you continue to make a fool out of yourself. I'm sure you are a nice person when you're not throwing your one sided opinions in everyones faces. If you were willing to agree to disagree with people then there would be no problem with anyone on here. k, thanks?
Squid.
King For A Couple Of Days
Squid.

Blog
January 26th, 2011 at 08:01pm
I hear what a lot of people say here.
I do agree to disagree.
I do discus, and I debate as well.
Then there is you, and like three other people here, that feel the constant need to go at people.

If you can't be respectful, don't expect me to be reasonable.

If I am just sooo awful, and you can't stand me, don't adress me, like I said.
It's that easy.
I think by the age of 18 you would have learned to ignore people that you can't stand and don't want to talk to.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 26th, 2011 at 08:11pm
you do not agree to disagree. do we have to go look at the whole peta thread like seriously. everyone tried to say their opinions, but you didn't even pay attention. you do not respect that people disagree with you so i'm not going to respect you. and last time i checked i never said that i can't stand you, you'd think that a 16 year old would be able to see that.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 26th, 2011 at 08:18pm
You're right,
Very obvious that you can.

And in that thread,
I agreed to disagree with the people who didn't say I was a "Moron" or a "Fucking Idiot"
Or something of the likes.
Lets look at some legit examples, not one that take people poking me with names.
K?

Now, shut up, and get back to the whole topic of this thread.
Or get out of here.
k?
clark
GSBitch
clark
January 26th, 2011 at 08:20pm
Nada.:
Or get out of here.
k?
LOL IT'S HER THREAD YOU DON'T CALL THE SHOTS
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
January 26th, 2011 at 08:21pm
Who the HECK do you think your are, kid? You're only 16 and yet you're trying to impose some sort of authority? Grow the frig up or just cram it, alright?
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 26th, 2011 at 08:29pm
Nada.:
You're right,
Very obvious that you can.

And in that thread,
I agreed to disagree with the people who didn't say I was a "Moron" or a "Fucking Idiot"
Or something of the likes.
Lets look at some legit examples, not one that take people poking me with names.
K?

Or get out of here.
k?
UMMMM IT'S MY FUCKING THREAD IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE. YOU'D THINK THAT A 16 YEAR OLD WOULD BE ABLE TO NOTICE SOMETHING LIKE THAT. AND WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO? OH RIGHT, YOU'RE NO ONE. K?

like if you have a problem with me, which it's pretty clear you do, why don't you take your own advise and not acknowledge me?
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 26th, 2011 at 08:33pm
lol.
You people are serious?
Aren't you?
For real.

Your thread or not.
The rules are the same here.

Lets talk Education,
Not try an fight.

If all you care to do is fight, that's fine.
But it wont be with me, nope.

This is officialy all I have to say.
From this point on, I'm not going to reply to you unless you have something relavent to the topic to add.

Sincerely,
Sid.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 26th, 2011 at 08:34pm
Desmond Hume:

This is pretty much me exactly. I was unsure right up to the last second whether to apply to music or science, and what everyone kept telling me is "It's very hard to make a living as a musician, be warned" or "You're good at the sciences, why put that to waste?" so in the end I chose science. Not that it isn't important, but the arts (creative, performing, liberal) aren't valued enough.
well it's true that it is hard to make a living as a musician. it's quite annoying though that a lot of the people who i guess get in the 'spot light' are not even that good. there are a bunch of amazingly talented people going to waste in the world because of it being so hard.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 26th, 2011 at 08:35pm
Nada.:
lol.
You people are serious?
Aren't you?
For real.

Your thread or not.
The rules are the same here.

Lets talk Education,
Not try an fight.

If all you care to do is fight, that's fine.
But it wont be with me, nope.

This is officialy all I have to say.
From this point on, I'm not going to reply to you unless you have something relavent to the topic to add.

Sincerely,
Sid.
you're the one who said to erin 'up yours' you bring all of this on to yourself.

EDIT: also, are you trying to become a poet? just wondering.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
January 26th, 2011 at 08:41pm
Another question...

Do you guys ever think that the arts will ever be valued as much as other subjects like science, math etc ?
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2011 at 09:01pm
Nada.:
Desmond Hume:
It's probably good that you're choosing not to pursue English as a "proffesion". Even though you're "good with" it, "real good" at that.

Up yours ;]

JUST SAYIN' I FOUND IT HARD TO BELIEVE GIVEN SUCH ATROCIOUS GRAMMAR.
greenday6
Admin
greenday6
January 26th, 2011 at 09:13pm
GymParsunzzz:
Another question...

Do you guys ever think that the arts will ever be valued as much as other subjects like science, math etc ?
No. Because pursuing careers in the arts is usually viewed as a bad idea. Starving artists, you know. Technically the arts aren't relevant. When people asked me what I was going to college for, they'd be like 'oh that's nice' when I'd tell them art. Like it's a hobby or something. Even though art is a lot more relevant than people think, there's a lot of careers in it.
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
January 27th, 2011 at 07:26am
Desmond Hume:
Nada.:
Desmond Hume:
It's probably good that you're choosing not to pursue English as a "proffesion". Even though you're "good with" it, "real good" at that.

Up yours ;]

JUST SAYIN' I FOUND IT HARD TO BELIEVE GIVEN SUCH ATROCIOUS GRAMMAR.

And the world's most bizarre prose structure...
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 28th, 2011 at 08:43pm
greenday6:
GymParsunzzz:
Another question...

No. Because pursuing careers in the arts is usually viewed as a bad idea. Starving artists, you know. Technically the arts aren't relevant. When people asked me what I was going to college for, they'd be like 'oh that's nice' when I'd tell them art. Like it's a hobby or something. Even though art is a lot more relevant than people think, there's a lot of careers in it.

Agree.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
January 29th, 2011 at 01:32pm
To me, music is a good career because it'll help people overcome social problems because you have fans who love you and you have to make sure that they are talked to. I know this because I see a lot of local bands in my area and they love to meet their fans and new people. Education is important to me because without it, we'd all be living on the streets.
Squid.
Squid.

Blog
January 29th, 2011 at 04:36pm
Yeah, but wouldn't you say that even with that, there is still a empty part to it, even more so when you get to be real?
Mareh
Mareh

Blog
January 29th, 2011 at 06:02pm
Dana.:
To me, music is a good career because it'll help people overcome social problems because you have fans who love you and you have to make sure that they are talked to. I know this because I see a lot of local bands in my area and they love to meet their fans and new people. Education is important to me because without it, we'd all be living on the streets.
That's if you become a performer, and breaking out is almost impossible and very few bands are able to do it. The other parts of a music career, such as sound techie, sound crew, composers, these aren't viable choices now-a-days because we get pushed towards taking a science, math, computer, economical, doctor/psychology degree because that's what's deemed a successful career by society.

Nevermind getting the degree doesn't even guarantee you getting the job, if you want the job in your chosen field people tend to want a masters or doctorate, not just a bachelor.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
January 29th, 2011 at 07:29pm
Also, since for so long everyone has been pushed in the direction of academia, there are more and more people pursuing graduate degrees than ever, but no real change in the amount of high paying jobs that go to the top research positions, etc. Of course, it's always better to have a degree than not, but having a masters doesn't give you the same sort of step-up that it used to, it doesn't GUARANTEE that you will get a certain job at a certain high salary.

Also, on the same note, since more and more people are getting the message that academia is the way to go, less people are going to school for technical/vocational jobs because they have this stigma that they're for ignoramuses, or something. In reality it takes skill to learn a trade, and there is more immediate need for tradespeople than there is for lofty researches. Basically what that's saying is you can make more money than people think by working a tech/voc job, but it's discouraged by the mainstream.
Dana.
This Board Is My Home
Dana.

Blog
January 30th, 2011 at 02:00pm
Mareh.:
Dana.:
That's if you become a performer, and breaking out is almost impossible and very few bands are able to do it. The other parts of a music career, such as sound techie, sound crew, composers, these aren't viable choices now-a-days because we get pushed towards taking a science, math, computer, economical, doctor/psychology degree because that's what's deemed a successful career by society.

Nevermind getting the degree doesn't even guarantee you getting the job, if you want the job in your chosen field people tend to want a masters or doctorate, not just a bachelor.
That's why after I get out of my community college, I'm going to a school in Florida that will help me even more with the sound aspect of it.
Register