AIDS

AuthorMessage
Asparagus
Idiot
Asparagus
May 28th, 2005 at 12:36am
I think this is very, very important. We need to find a cure for this disease...and quick because it is killing millions and millions at a time.
Astra Slappy
King For A Couple Of Days
Astra Slappy
May 28th, 2005 at 02:55am
boytoy13:
How important do you think it is that we find a cure for AIDs? I personally think it is a huge problem in the world, and I think that society neglects it and doesn't educate youth on it enough.

I agree totally, and to me aids and other stds are a big argument in favour of sex education. People say it encourages people to have sex, which is bullshit. Who on the history of the planet has ever needed encouragement to have sex? People need to be encouraged to have SAFE sex and that can only happen when people aren't ashamed to ask questions. A lot of societies still have a sex-guilt ingrained in them, which leads to ignorance and people doing it without being fully informed of the dangers. I honestly believe prevention is as important as cure.
And when God said "go forth and multiply", there were only two people on the earth, not six billion -- I'm sure the current overpopulation of the planet, with its accompanying strain on resources and quality of life, is a strong enough argument for contraception, let alone when you bring diseases into the equation. This is why I have a problem with the Catholic church -- a bunch of men who've supposedly never had sex telling people how to live their lives and have as many children as possible, even if it adversely affects the people involved and the world at large.
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 28th, 2005 at 05:06am
Astra Slappy:
boytoy13:
How important do you think it is that we find a cure for AIDs? I personally think it is a huge problem in the world, and I think that society neglects it and doesn't educate youth on it enough.

I agree totally, and to me aids and other stds are a big argument in favour of sex education. People say it encourages people to have sex, which is bullshit. Who on the history of the planet has ever needed encouragement to have sex? People need to be encouraged to have SAFE sex and that can only happen when people aren't ashamed to ask questions. A lot of societies still have a sex-guilt ingrained in them, which leads to ignorance and people doing it without being fully informed of the dangers. I honestly believe prevention is as important as cure.
And when God said "go forth and multiply", there were only two people on the earth, not six billion -- I'm sure the current overpopulation of the planet, with its accompanying strain on resources and quality of life, is a strong enough argument for contraception, let alone when you bring diseases into the equation. This is why I have a problem with the Catholic church -- a bunch of men who've supposedly never had sex telling people how to live their lives and have as many children as possible, even if it adversely affects the people involved and the world at large.

you're right about sex ed 100% - only when we break the taboo with teenagers about it will people talk more and realise if they aren't going to wait then they NEED to use protection. they're thinking about sex ed (v basic of course but still sex ed) for 5 year olds in the UK to try and combat unprotected teenage sex and pregnancy, which sounds ridiculous but little kids are so much more open that maybe it will work
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
May 28th, 2005 at 05:29am
*Redundant*Rebel*:
Astra Slappy:
boytoy13:

you're right about sex ed 100% - only when we break the taboo with teenagers about it will people talk more and realise if they aren't going to wait then they NEED to use protection. they're thinking about sex ed (v basic of course but still sex ed) for 5 year olds in the UK to try and combat unprotected teenage sex and pregnancy, which sounds ridiculous but little kids are so much more open that maybe it will work

yeah... you are right prevention is ALWAYS BETTER than cure...
you're right to say sex ed can combat unprotected teenage sex when it's in the situation of western countries, but not in Africa or Asia which are having the most serious problem, and the government 's attitude is also a BIG problem, take an example, China got some villages where the villagers all got AIDs and they just sit and wait and died without geyying any help, the govenment enwomb those horrible situation in those villiages because they thinks it is a shame to hv this problem, so they just left the problem existsand getting worser, moreover bass-ackward mindset that ppl hv are prohibitting the spread of safety sex, they just shut their mouth when tropic come on sex, so here's the problem for the prevention, luckily the situation is changing since the years work of NGOs in those countries, they hv made a great effort to combat the spread of AIDs not only technically , but also inwardly
Astra Slappy
Astra Slappy
May 28th, 2005 at 07:52am
kueibe:
*Redundant*Rebel*:
Astra Slappy:
boytoy13:

you're right to say sex ed can combat unprotected teenage sex when it's in the situation of western countries, but not in Africa or Asia which are having the most serious problem, and the government 's attitude is also a BIG problem, take an example, China got some villages where the villagers all got AIDs and they just sit and wait and died without geyying any help, the govenment enwomb those horrible situation in those villiages because they thinks it is a shame to hv this problem, so they just left the problem existsand getting worser, moreover bass-ackward mindset that ppl hv are prohibitting the spread of safety sex, they just shut their mouth when tropic come on sex, so here's the problem for the prevention, luckily the situation is changing since the years work of NGOs in those countries, they hv made a great effort to combat the spread of AIDs not only technically , but also inwardly

Yes I agree with you, and there's the problem about sex education. Those people in the village in China weren't informed about AIDS for some reason so couldn't prevent it happening to them. I'm not just talking about high-school sex education, I'm talking about it for everyone, all over the world. (because everyone has sex!) I've read about Africa, where there's this belief that sex with a virgin will cure you of AIDS so all these guys go round raping little girls to cure themselves --- and only spreading the disease!
The sense of shame you talk about also comes from these issues being hidden and people being raised to think sex is an embarrassing or disgusting thing, when it's the most natural thing in the world, and it's the reason people exist in the first place.
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 28th, 2005 at 07:56am
Astra Slappy:
kueibe:
*Redundant*Rebel*:
Astra Slappy:
boytoy13:

Yes I agree with you, and there's the problem about sex education. Those people in the village in China weren't informed about AIDS for some reason so couldn't prevent it happening to them. I'm not just talking about high-school sex education, I'm talking about it for everyone, all over the world. (because everyone has sex!) I've read about Africa, where there's this belief that sex with a virgin will cure you of AIDS so all these guys go round raping little girls to cure themselves --- and only spreading the disease!
The sense of shame you talk about also comes from these issues being hidden and people being raised to think sex is an embarrassing or disgusting thing, when it's the most natural thing in the world, and it's the reason people exist in the first place.

you put the last bit perfectly - that people are too embarrased to talk seriously about the most natural thing in the world. and ive heard about the raping belief - its awful. i agree that they should educate about it everywhere, but you wouldnt want to patronise sufferers about their own disease but it would perhaps benefit some people. if it was run in whole communities not just those who suffer, they might learn to cope better with it as a whole group of people
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 2nd, 2005 at 08:22pm
..........AIDS scares me a lot......
lemonjelly
Idiot
lemonjelly
June 3rd, 2005 at 12:14am
i wanna cry, my uncle van died from aids and i never got to meet him [ dun worry i dont have aids!!] and i really wanted to meet him
lemonjelly
Idiot
lemonjelly
June 3rd, 2005 at 12:16am
and i watched this thing on vh1 on aids it was this show it showed most of the celebs who have died of aids and it made me cry so much, i felt numb it was horrible
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 05:31am
I think it's deadly important that we find a cure for AIDS it kills so many people per year and is unstoppable. If we could find a cure for HIV then we would almost stop it before it got to the AIDS stage. If people were better informed about the dangers then it wouldn't have gotten to the stage it's at now.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:08am
Prevention is better than cure....but i think it is important we find a vaccine or something....In my english class the other day we were debating prejudice against homosexuals and over half my class said they deserve to be hated, they give everyone aids. That is how badly educated about it 12 year olds are.
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:32am
XxXflowerfairyXxX:
Prevention is better than cure....but i think it is important we find a vaccine or something....In my english class the other day we were debating prejudice against homosexuals and over half my class said they deserve to be hated, they give everyone aids. That is how badly educated about it 12 year olds are.

we had a talk on it last year in history... why who knows he just decided to tell us about it and the 1985 scare and what it was like at his school...
And we've done loadz about it in PSHE...
->Insert Name Here<
Idiot
->Insert Name Here<
June 3rd, 2005 at 10:35am
I think it is extremly important to find the cure for AIDS. People suggest that you wear condoms to help prevent it but it might not be that effective and also the catholics object against the use of condoms so it causes more problems.
† foresaken †
Geek
† foresaken †
June 3rd, 2005 at 12:20pm
-Random Reject-:
I think it is extremly important to find the cure for AIDS. People suggest that you wear condoms to help prevent it but it might not be that effective and also the catholics object against the use of condoms so it causes more problems.
yes it could prove difficult..
Gillian
Gillian
June 3rd, 2005 at 12:21pm
Cure, yes.

Prevention, even more so.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 3rd, 2005 at 12:21pm
they've found four African girls that are immune to AIDS and they're being tested on
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 3rd, 2005 at 08:20pm
spill_no_sick:
they've found four African girls that are immune to AIDS and they're being tested on
wow that's weird! pretty awesome though, I mean that could be something really huge.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
June 4th, 2005 at 02:09am
There is a commercial on VH1 that's out that sais, "We have found the weapon of mass destruction" It is true. We need a cure for it. Prevention would be better. Many teens know about it, but they're like, "Oh, it can never happen to me!" And all of that crap. I have one solution for some of those people and it may prevent some: Get tested. Both of you.

Yesh, I think that it sounds easier that doing it. i wouldnt' know personaly, but that's just what I think. I agree with all of you.
Automatic man
Automatic man
July 4th, 2005 at 06:59pm
spill_no_sick:

How did they find out they were immune to AIDS?
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
July 6th, 2005 at 04:43pm
AIDs sucks, period.
prevention is one thing, and you cant say the catholics dont help because they're against condoms, thats because you shouldnt need a condom because sex is something too many people take lightly and should only happen in marriage. do you really expect a raper to wear a condom? no, thats effen stupid.

i think its great that the found people immune to it, but im not suprised. thats how the human body works, always changing with time. my guess is that it has something to do with genetics. its sad tho, that so many people in Africa have to suffer from it.
Register