AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
June 15th, 2006 at 10:48am
Magne:
suzie_k:
Magne:
i would love to be a vegetarian but i just dont think i could do it, bacon butties for one thing.

See I loved meat but I stopped eating it 2 years ago and rashers are the hardest thing to give up.
But I can smell them and not want to eat them.

And you can get great substitutes.
And don't get me wrong I love meat substitutes but I always think
if it looks like meat,
Smells Llike meat,
Feels like meat,
And tastes like meat
Why the hell don't I just eat meat.

But then I think of the wee pigs and cows and stuff.

i am cooking more and more meals without meat, so perhaps one day i nill give it up totally, but for now i will gradually slow down my meat intake.

i have done meals so far for a week without meat in them and we are enjoying them a lot more.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
June 29th, 2006 at 04:01pm
Letterbombed:
[1.]um... i like ice cream... i couldnt live without meat... i dont understand why people believe that it's wrong to kill animals to eat them. It's life. you need food to survive in life and thats a fact. Since the beginning of time, humans killed animals for food to feed their family and themselves. why believe its wrong now? the animals arent endangered or anything

[2.]if youre going to side with the people complaining about mcdonalds and burger king food being from like the rain forrest or from wherever you want to think it is, dont eat there. I dont understand why people choose to eat Tofu instead of real meat when meat is just food that has been there the beginning of time... theres nothing else to it

[3.](if you call yourself a vegan and eat ice cream or honey [those kind of foods] then youre contradicting yourself and youre just a vegetarian)

1. Hearing people say "I couldn't live without meat" is one of my biggest pet peeves. You can live without meat. You simply choose not to. I grew up in a Mexican household, where eating meat is a big part of the "tradition" thing they have going on. I gave it up and it wasn't all that hard. I went from eating meat at least twice a day to none at all in one day. I'm almost certain that I'm still alive.
2. McDonald's is crap. But rainforests? I hadn't heard of that before.
3. That's not contradiction, it's confusion.

PanicOfBeliever:
Punk_Wey:
i'm a vegan too. i hate the way how they kill animals for food or clothes. there are many other food; fruit, vegetables and that things.
and clothes; there are many other stuff to make clothes, you know? so why you should kill al those innocent (or something) animals.

Its called a food chain and we happen to be at the top of it. If these animals were more powerful than us they wouldnt consider giving us mercy.

If we do not eat them there will be too many, unbalancing the whole food chain and species on earth, perhaps even causing extinction.

Its not very intelligent not to eat meat - Or any other animal for that matter.

Your first statement was somewhat valid. However, there wouldn't be as many animals if we didn't breed them so excessively. There would be no over-population if we stopped eating them and breeding them. And please explain how it is unintelligent to not eat animals?

Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT:
very true. vegans and vegetarians are a lot healthier than people who eat meat. but i eat meat. i can see why people wouldn`t want to eat meat, cholestoral and all that. but eating meat is good. it all depends on modreation. and i think we were bron to eat meat. our ancient ancestors ate meat and sacrificed it to their God or gods. like that Cain and Abel story in the Bible. but then again, that`s just my view.

Some of our ancient ancestors also treated women like rag dolls and killed millions of people in numerous wars. I suggest you keep in mind that we have gotten somewhat smarter and acquired new resources. Tofu, if eaten in proper ammounts and cooked correctly, can give you the same nutritional value as meat. Of course you cannot expect to eat some tofu and have it be the same as any meat dish, but that is why there are more foods than just tofu. Many also containing no meat or meat products.
ave
Geek
ave
June 30th, 2006 at 01:59am
^ Clap

Very well said.

People saying that they "can't live without meat" is also a huge pet peeve of mine. All of us vegetarians/vegans are very much alive. All of us will most likey live longer, too.
The.Crazed.Spork
Jackass
The.Crazed.Spork
June 30th, 2006 at 03:16am
I don't really like the taste of meat, especially red meat and pork. I wouldn't consider myself vegan or vegetarian though because I still eat meat sometimes and I use leather in the form of shoes.
and a fun fact: even if 1/5 of the US turned vegan or vegetarian, the animal slaughtering buisness wouldn't have any real damage. many people eat enough meat yearly for 2 or 3 people.
*pukes* I don't know how they can do it...
romantic_nightmare
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
romantic_nightmare
July 12th, 2006 at 09:07pm
I'm only a vegetarian, but I do agree that animals should be treated with equal respect. I would be a vegan but I need protein and the only way I can get that is dairy because I am allergic to tofu and soy prducts.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 09:08pm
romantic_nightmare:
I'm only a vegetarian, but I do agree that animals should be treated with equal respect. I would be a vegan but I need protein and the only way I can get that is dairy because I am allergic to tofu and soy prducts.

there are other sources of protein.... o_______O
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
July 13th, 2006 at 06:48am
Recently I started thinking more about veganism.
See, I always rejected meat because of imagining animals killed for food and whatnot. But I've never really approached dairy products as something that bad. I don't know why.
I like soy products including tofu and soy milk but I think it would be hard for me to give up all the dairy I consume on a daily basis.
Though I have seriously considered becoming one.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 13th, 2006 at 07:16am
i believe taht if we all becaome vegaterians then the Bovine cows and many afrm animals would not be needed to a certain degree so farmers wouldnt waste they're time on breeding them, i dont eat much meat now, but animals were put on this earth to use has a meat source. just a thought.
sabot4ge
Geek
sabot4ge
July 13th, 2006 at 10:40am
i love animals and im totally against hunting, but i do eat meat, only chicken and fish, though..

humans are animals..back in the stone age and pre-history times, we were just like any other animal predator..we went out and hunted for food in order to survive..it's nature's way for us to eat meat..that's why we have canines..

we need the vitamins + nutrients meat gives us..vitamins and other sources only give us incomplete nutrients..

we've evolved so much that we developed critical thinking and analytical skills..thats the only thing that sets us apart from other animals

i don't think killing animals for food is wrong at all..but hunting for sport is just fucking ridiculous
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
July 13th, 2006 at 05:35pm
I use to be a vegitarian but had to stop because of medical reasons but I would never become a vegan, for one thing I love my dairy goods too much. I'm against fur but not leather or wool because cows aren't killed just for leather and sheep have to be sheered or else they'll be too hot in the summer and (lets face it) look ridiculous
Suicidal Penguin
Jackass
Suicidal Penguin
July 14th, 2006 at 10:42pm
I'm a vegetarian, and I have been since I was born. So I've never eaten meat and I have no desire to.
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
July 14th, 2006 at 11:26pm
I don't want to sound insensitive, but sometimes we have ignore that fact that animals can be cute and cuddily and have to depend on them to survive. If they were the at the top of the food chain, they would show us no mercy. But of course, they aren't the only source of food. Think
Killer Rabbit
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Killer Rabbit

Mibba
July 15th, 2006 at 06:07pm
I am a vegetarian. i dont wear leather and i only eat free range eggs. i would be a vegan but my mum wont let me. and we don't need meat to survive. it is tasty though! Razz
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
July 15th, 2006 at 06:19pm
Handguns For Hearts:
I don't want to sound insensitive, but sometimes we have ignore that fact that animals can be cute and cuddily and have to depend on them to survive. If they were the at the top of the food chain, they would show us no mercy. But of course, they aren't the only source of food. Think

Yes, because cows are renound for their murderous atitudes!
steady riot.
steady riot.
July 15th, 2006 at 06:40pm
I want to be vegan. Soon as I get a job, and get my own money, I;'m going to. My parents refuse to buy soy milk & such. I've been a vegetarian since the beginging of may now.
Actually, I never even ate meat until I was six. I was extreamly picky and would not eat it. =\
I don't like the idea of milk. They take away the baby cow [and it doesn't get any milk] and take the milk from the mom. They do this for years, until that cow gets to old, then they kill it. We're drinking milk thats for their babies. It's not for us. Drinking another animals milk grosses me out.
ave
Geek
ave
July 15th, 2006 at 07:58pm
Death of a Nation:
I want to be vegan. Soon as I get a job, and get my own money, I;'m going to. My parents refuse to buy soy milk & such. I've been a vegetarian since the beginging of may now.
Actually, I never even ate meat until I was six. I was extreamly picky and would not eat it. =\
I don't like the idea of milk. They take away the baby cow [and it doesn't get any milk] and take the milk from the mom. They do this for years, until that cow gets to old, then they kill it. We're drinking milk thats for their babies. It's not for us. Drinking another animals milk grosses me out.

Clap Yay! I'm so proud that there will soon be another vegan in the world.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 16th, 2006 at 04:58am
ava0893:
Death of a Nation:

Clap Yay! I'm so proud that there will soon be another vegan in the world.

only on certain farms though, some farms let the calfs suckle until they are old enough to do without the mothers milk.
steady riot.
steady riot.
July 16th, 2006 at 12:52pm
I recently ordered the Peta free vegetarian guide. Some of the stories in there made me ill. The "Downed cows" is absolutly depressing. It makes us all look like careless people. the story in the magazine, is true.

Sometimes on the way to a slaughter house, a cow will be un-able to move. The stockyard workers will take electric prods in her ear to try and get her to move. Then they beat, and kick her out of the truck. They beat and kicket her in the face, ribs, back but she still wouldn't move. They tied a rope around her neck, tied the other end to a post in the ground, and drove off. The poor cow was dragged behind the truck and fell, landing on both her lind legs, and braking her pelvis. She remained like that until 7:30 that evening.
She laid in the hot sun crying out for help. She used her front legs to drag herself to a clean spot in the gravel. She tried to crawl to the shade but couldn't make it. Altogether she managed to crawl 13 to 14 yards. The stockyard employees wouldn't allow her water. The only water that was given to her was an animal rights activist, who had been contacted by a woman who witnessed the events. The stockyard worker informed Jessie [the animal rights activist] that he had permission to kill the cow but wouldn't do it until Jessie left. Jessie left at 3PM and came back at 4:30. Stockyard dogs were attacking the cow, who was still alive. She had suffered a number of bite wounds, andher drinking water had been removed. Jessie contacted the police. Four officers arrived at 5:30. They wanted to shoot the cow but was told that a vet would kill her. The vets would not euthenize her, because it "would ruin the meat" so she could not be destroyed. The butcher arrived at 7:30 and shot her. Her body was purchased for 307.750$

Now. I don't know if someone who still eats meat, and is always saying, "Thats what animals are here for" shit, and still not see that wrong. Reading the article in the magazine for the first time, that made me throw up. It made my mother cry.
I don't know how people can support the meat industry when "downed cows" happen everyday. It's horrible. You'd think that with how far man-kind has gotten, we wouldn't be eating meat anymore.

"It may take a while, but there will probably come a time when we look back and say, 'Good lord, do you believe in the 20th century and earlier of the 21st, people were still eating animals?'" - Mary Tyler Moore
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 16th, 2006 at 12:55pm
The divine Suicide of Kym:
I recently ordered the Peta free vegetarian guide. Some of the stories in there made me ill. The "Downed cows" is absolutly depressing. It makes us all look like careless people. the story in the magazine, is true.

Sometimes on the way to a slaughter house, a cow will be un-able to move. The stockyard workers will take electric prods in her ear to try and get her to move. Then they beat, and kick her out of the truck. They beat and kicket her in the face, ribs, back but she still wouldn't move. They tied a rope around her neck, tied the other end to a post in the ground, and drove off. The poor cow was dragged behind the truck and fell, landing on both her lind legs, and braking her pelvis. She remained like that until 7:30 that evening.
She laid in the hot sun crying out for help. She used her front legs to drag herself to a clean spot in the gravel. She tried to crawl to the shade but couldn't make it. Altogether she managed to crawl 13 to 14 yards. The stockyard employees wouldn't allow her water. The only water that was given to her was an animal rights activist, who had been contacted by a woman who witnessed the events. The stockyard worker informed Jessie [the animal rights activist] that he had permission to kill the cow but wouldn't do it until Jessie left. Jessie left at 3PM and came back at 4:30. Stockyard dogs were attacking the cow, who was still alive. She had suffered a number of bite wounds, andher drinking water had been removed. Jessie contacted the police. Four officers arrived at 5:30. They wanted to shoot the cow but was told that a vet would kill her. The vets would not euthenize her, because it "would ruin the meat" so she could not be destroyed. The butcher arrived at 7:30 and shot her. Her body was purchased for 307.750$

Now. I don't know if someone who still eats meat, and is always saying, "Thats what animals are here for" shit, and still not see that wrong. Reading the article in the magazine for the first time, that made me throw up. It made my mother cry.
I don't know how people can support the meat industry when "downed cows" happen everyday. It's horrible. You'd think that with how far man-kind has gotten, we wouldn't be eating meat anymore.

"It may take a while, but there will probably come a time when we look back and say, 'Good lord, do you believe in the 20th century and earlier of the 21st, people were still eating animals?'" - Mary Tyler Moore

which is why i get my meat from humane farms, there is such a thing. The meat is more expensive but well worth it.
steady riot.
steady riot.
July 16th, 2006 at 01:05pm
See, I don't think there is a "humane way" to kill an animal. Just like theres no humane way to murder a human being. Murder is murder. Whether it be animals or people.
But honestly, I'm not one of those people that are going to hate someone if they eat meat, and try to push them to be a vegetarian. Sure, I'll tell them that I will not be in the same room when they're eating meat though.

I'm just glad you're not one if the morons who is always saying, "What else are the cows going to do? They were put here so we could eat them."
Gah. It sickens me when people say that. They don't need to have a huge part in the world in order to be able live freely, and not to be treated cruelly.
And if we don't eat them, they're not going to become over-populated. They're being bred for meat purpouses. If we stop eating them, we don't need to breed them, do we?
Register