Children who are going against their parents

AuthorMessage
your favorite liar
Idiot
your favorite liar
May 31st, 2005 at 08:05pm
I think that kids go against their parents so often these days because parents are so ready to point fingers at their children when things go wrong. The media is much to blame, with news specials such as, "The Secret Life of Teens", "How To Know If Your Teen Is On Drugs", & "How Well Do You Know What Your Teen Is Doing?". Programs such as this drill the idea that every teenager is smoking pot & having sex & drinking & partying. Then parents put so many regulations on their child's life & lock up their freedom. Parents are very eager to say, "Oh, you're breath smells strange, you must be smoking pot" & then trash the teen's room, looking for illegal drugs, or "You're hair is messed up, who were you having sex with?" Parents are very tight these days.

Oh, & on that first name thing... I told my parents I was going to call them Susan & Terry... my dad said, ''I'm gonna call you grounded.''
siz
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
siz
May 31st, 2005 at 09:27pm
Kids can run away from home for all different reasons, not just because they have bad parents, but I think that it is the parent's responsibility to notice if their kid has got problems.
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
May 31st, 2005 at 10:43pm
parents fault...definitly.
Comrade182
Comrade182
June 1st, 2005 at 10:33am
I think it's both partys fault, the parents should try harder with their kids and the kids should have respect for their parents, who do they think broguth them into the world and looked after them when they were babies.

Of course as always thwere are situations where this is different!

But no matter what happens in my life, I will always have one mother and one father, who love me and who I love. And I will always call them mum and dad. No matter how bad things get.

Another thing I will never call my mums partner dad, as he isn't and I would never call my dads partner mum, in my opinion thats wrong. But again it depends on the situation!
mommys.little.nightmare
Idiot
mommys.little.nightmare
June 1st, 2005 at 11:03am
i dont think its anyones fault..i rebell cos my parents r assholes they dont let me do bad stuff but i do it anyway cos i want freedom
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
June 1st, 2005 at 12:04pm
I don't think theres anything wrong with calling parents by their first name, because ive actually almost grown out of the stage where i call them mum and dad.

But its mainly the parents fault, yeah.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 1st, 2005 at 02:03pm
ooo i'm such a rebel!!! I call my dad jay ooooooooooo!!! lock me up!!!
snowcherry
King For A Couple Of Days
snowcherry
June 2nd, 2005 at 10:12am
Um.... I´ve been thinking about this for some time now and that what I, for myself, found out:

I have a kind of rebelous spirit, so my mum´s getting frustraded with me quite often. But that´s just the way it is. That´s part of growing up.
But running away...
I thought about running away. Not because of the education I got, I think my parents did the best they could and they did a good job,
but it´s just the thing that it doesn´t feel like home here, as stupid as it sounds.
I´ve been to many places, been with many people, but it never felt like home to me. So it wouldn´t be right to get away, cause I have nowhere to go.

But, I guess this is why kids are doing this. They just don´t feel save or loved or it just doesn´t feel like home.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
June 4th, 2005 at 04:33pm
hmm... it is sometimes the parents' fault because of the way they raise their kids.

i know that all parents make mistakes but they should learn from them and not be too proud or egotistic to admit when they're wrong. if ppl don't feel that they would be able to do that they should not even have kids in the first place cause they will revolt.

however, sometimes it is the kids' fault cause they overreact just because other kids have problems they think that theirs are just as intense, so they go against good parents and make themselves feel like victims...

it's not alway like this but this is what i've seen happening so far...
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx
Idiot
xXxPrincessByDawnxXx
June 9th, 2005 at 07:39pm
what difference does it make if i call my mom by her first name? is there something wrong with that?i guess it depends about running away. the parents actions could motivate them to, but we are responsible for actually running away.
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
June 10th, 2005 at 04:06am
isn't it hard to decide which one is wrong ? every case has different situation, sometime is the parent's fault, sometime is children's fault, or they are both responsible, and whats more, the society, the children's friends , that a doze can be blamed on , so it has to depend on what situation, we can't just saying ," well that's parents/children fault" without looking into the cases.
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd)
Jackass
dumbassofsub. (melluvzgd)
June 11th, 2005 at 09:10am
This thread's kind of weird- I mean kids wouldn't run away from home if everything was ok. I mean, you have to think about it carefully. These kids would rather sleep rough as a badger's arse than go home to food and shelter, because they believe they're better off on the streets- and most times they really are. Some kids just don't think though. I mean I live in a bloody zoo, and always felt like running away, but even age 6 I would think "but what would i do and where would i go?" and that stopped me- that's age 6. So surely an older kid must be pretty desperate to just up and leave like that without even thinking.
obsessedmonkey
Geek
obsessedmonkey
June 11th, 2005 at 09:26am
i dont call my parents mom or dad or by their frist names. i call my mom old person and my dad silyhead. they like it. they think its funny. i almost ran away once. i got all the way 2 hell.(lowell)then came back. i think it was my fault and my moms
obsessedmonkey
Geek
obsessedmonkey
June 11th, 2005 at 09:30am
obsessedmonkey:
i dont call my parents mom or dad or by their frist names. i call my mom old person and my dad silyhead. they like it. they think its funny. i almost ran away once. i got all the way 2 hell.(lowell)then came back. i think it was my fault and my moms
i think kids should give their parents nicknames like i did. it puts u on better terms with them and when ur in a croud and call "MOM" like 8 people turn around but if you call "SILLYHEAD" like 2 people turn around.(your mom is 1 and the other thinks ur a freak)
Fucking_BurnOUT
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Fucking_BurnOUT
June 11th, 2005 at 05:14pm
I guess it's hard to tell who is at fault for things like this but whats the problem with calling ur parents by thier first name, i know it shows lack of respect and all but what else is there when u have alredy lost all respect for thoes around u including urself

My step brother ran away new years eve he moved to california and i have been fobiden to speak with him (though i still do) him and his dad got in a fight when we were going around the table and saying are new years resolution he just got up and left after alot of screaming swearing and a few bloody noses he went to iraq for a while came back with a purple heart for being shot twice in the leg, he was in cali for a moth the shipped out again for war he is suppose to be comming home soon but we just keep getting notices saying the are trying to set the date but things arn't working out and his father could really care less.

in a house like ours i cant blame him for wanting to get out, iv'e tryed so many times but i think how terrable its been for me and i never want Ally to go through that i can't leave her behind atleast while im here there is someone to stand up for her

I guess what i am trying to say is that things can get really bad and i think its the fault of the parents mostly not because they let the kids get away with such things but because they made the conditions so miserable that these options seemed like the only way out
duck tape
Geek
duck tape
June 11th, 2005 at 05:38pm
if they runaway the rents must of did somthing to them to make them do that

if the kid is disrespectful the rent did something on the way or is just not being involved in the childs life

i call my step dad by his first name and he doesn't seem to mind. if they dont want to be called my their first name then they should tell their child and raise them up callin them by mom or dad
rock00chick
Geek
rock00chick
June 11th, 2005 at 07:15pm
some parents think it's fair that they are called by their first names, because they call their children by their first names...
just thought i'd add that in...
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
June 12th, 2005 at 04:52pm
my parents r dear to me, and i get along quite well with both of em...tho my mum wants me to look like a teenie i have a trong belief in myself and waht i like and she never gets to buy me anything i don't like, as in.. i live my own life, i do everything i need to ,i just live with my mum . nothing special..i have my own life.
and noone can make me change it...i do hwtai l ike, and when i like it, tho, school and education is important and i don't lack llogics, so i, can have my own life. Very Happy...nobody has ever sayd anything bad to me for hjaveing my own head.
Spirit Of '77
Spirit Of '77
June 13th, 2005 at 10:41am
i dont think its anyone's "fault" because i dont think kids should HAVE to be under their parents thumb. i believe everyone should be able to make their own decisions and if they make a wrong decision, theyre responsible for it. no one else should be able to make decisions for other people, even if they did house them in their uterus for 9 months. i mean, you do need parents for part of your life, like when youre younger and what not, but i think once you get old enough, like, 13/14 you should be able to make more decisions on your own. by that point all parenting is doing is trying to mold you into the type of person your parents/family/society wants you to be, when everybody should just be able to be themselves.
Franny.
Franny.
June 13th, 2005 at 10:49am
Parent's fault cuz the children wouldnt know how to treat their parents unless their parents teach them. It's not the children's fault they weren't raised properly. Well this is only for the running away or being rude kinda thing. Calling by first names maybe the parents prefer that...
Register