Children who are going against their parents

AuthorMessage
geekoll
Geek
geekoll
December 13th, 2005 at 03:26pm
A bit of both. I can't decide. Tricky subject.
rock_music_GD
Geek
rock_music_GD
May 21st, 2006 at 11:23pm
Running away from home is normally for a reason but sometimes yeah the kids need some discipline. But what's wrong with calling your parents by their first name? I'd go absolutely fucking crazy if a non existant child of MINE canlled me mum . . .

Rock On!
Emily X(
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
May 22nd, 2006 at 08:14pm
From Augusten Burroughs' new book "Possible Side Effects": For his older brother, Mom's name was Slave. Augusten picked up on that and called his mom "Hey" and dad "Fucker."

If it leads to good books, why not let kids go against their parental units?

Little joke. Depends on the extent. If we're talking actual running away from home, or verbal abuse, et cetera, then that's not cool. But if we're talking a religion change? A Republican in a Democratic family? Calm down. Kids need to find themselves.
It Had to Be You.
King For A Couple Of Days
It Had to Be You.
May 22nd, 2006 at 08:19pm
Children who don't respect their parents should get the punishment of a slap. Back then in the 40s, 50s, and 60s, parents would beat their kids and it wouldn't be child abuse because everyone did that at the time. And all the kids that complain about their parents hitting them, well what the fuck? It's the child's fault for pissing the 'rents off in the first place.

I believe that in a younger age, kids should get lightly slapped on the butt or the hand. It's the first form of discipline and they need to learn that if they do something wrong, then they will be expected to receive the punishment they deserve.

...I'm making no sense but whatever.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
May 22nd, 2006 at 08:33pm
It Had to Be You.:
Children who don't respect their parents should get the punishment of a slap. Back then in the 40s, 50s, and 60s, parents would beat their kids and it wouldn't be child abuse because everyone did that at the time. And all the kids that complain about their parents hitting them, well what the fuck? It's the child's fault for pissing the 'rents off in the first place.

I believe that in a younger age, kids should get lightly slapped on the butt or the hand. It's the first form of discipline and they need to learn that if they do something wrong, then they will be expected to receive the punishment they deserve.

I have such an urge to say "If everyone jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge, would you?" but I won't. Oh! Too late.

"Everyone did it" doesn't make it a good thing. It doesn't teach kids to behave because it's right; it teaches them to behave or else. This is really not the way I would teach any kid. If they follow rules, they'd better follow them because it's the right thing to do, not because they'll be in pain if they don't. This is just a matter of principle to me.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 22nd, 2006 at 08:42pm
It Had to Be You.:

I go a slap on the ass if I was bad until I was 7
Impersonator
Geek
Impersonator

Mibba
May 22nd, 2006 at 09:33pm
The thing is, that suddenly, defiance has become cool. In reality, I go against my parents more than i go with them, but all and all, everyone does it. It's just natural for kids, to make their own path in life. You have to make your own choices once in a while. If you live your life how you want to, you'll be happy. Even if it goes against the wishes of your parents. Wink
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
May 22nd, 2006 at 10:07pm
Fuck_America:
i think its the parents fault for letting their kids get away with things like that

yeah if i ever told my mom to piss off or runaway i'd never see light again
or i have no teeth
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 22nd, 2006 at 10:22pm
strummer92:
Fuck_America:
i think its the parents fault for letting their kids get away with things like that

or i have no teeth

same here

If I called my mom Kathy...I'd get a slap across the mouth so hard I wouldnt wanna open it again

THats why kids get away with anything...cause their parents dont spank them.

If i did something and got spanked....I'd never do it again
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
May 22nd, 2006 at 10:33pm
Fuck_America:
strummer92:
Fuck_America:

or i have no teeth

same here

If I called my mom Kathy...I'd get a slap across the mouth so hard I wouldnt wanna open it again

damn straight my parents are fair but if i get out of line
forget it
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 22nd, 2006 at 11:52pm
Fuck_America:
strummer92:
Fuck_America:

or i have no teeth

same here

I call my mom Eric lmfao Her name is Sara. Don't ask why, but it's funny. The first time I did it she was like "....are you feeling ok?" lmfao lmfao.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
May 22nd, 2006 at 11:59pm
When a kid goes against his or her parents I think they all can share the blame. Different situations can affect the distance in the relationship between child and parent so I guess things like calling their parents by their first names can be a reflection of their relationship and how close they are.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 23rd, 2006 at 12:00am
Smidget:
When a kid goes against his or her parents I think they all can share the blame. Different situations can affect the distance in the relationship between child and parent so I guess things like calling their parents by their first names can be a reflection of their relationship and how close they are.
When your parents dont act like parents, it's hard to call them mom or dad, so I can understand that,
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 23rd, 2006 at 12:24am
Actually, I think it's no ones fault at all. It always depends on the situation, huh ?!
Though there are some really really crappy parents out there. And .. even if your kids are hard to eduacate or something, I doubt abuse is okay. That always comes back to you some day ..

Maybe sometimes it get's all a bit out of it, cause yeah .. kids wanna rebel a bit or something, pfft. You do a lot of senseless or crazy things, but then it's your parents job to handle the situation .. Of course it isn't easy, but it isn't always like that ..
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 23rd, 2006 at 08:11pm
I think it's a mix of both. It depends on how the parents and the kids are. The kids could just be bratty and wanting to rebel for various reasons, or the parents really could be bad. It could go either way, it just depends.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 23rd, 2006 at 08:17pm
it isnt like those are the only 2 reasons you guys, it isnt set in stone that kids rebel because they are A, bratty or B, have shitty parents, there is a ton of different situations, and I don't think anyone has the right to judge until they know whats going on.
State Radio
Falling In Love With The Board
State Radio
May 23rd, 2006 at 08:21pm
When I'm "bad" my dad beats the shit out of me. I'm working on getting stronger so I can beat him though.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 23rd, 2006 at 09:26pm
Valkyrie_Missile:
When I'm "bad" my dad beats the shit out of me. I'm working on getting stronger so I can beat him though.

*hugs you tight* I know what thats like.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
May 23rd, 2006 at 09:47pm
My mum seems to find fault with everything that I do. Same with my dad. They yell at me for little things, so I get mad and yell back.

If I'm tired, and I've just come from my friends house, and I'm basically falling asleep on the way home in the car, my mum will say "What, is this not talk to mum day?" Rolling Eyes

I am moving out at the end of next year, so its all good. Every time I get so mad, I just think of that.
crimson_rose_91
Jackass
crimson_rose_91
May 27th, 2006 at 07:49pm
I havent ever run away from home, i've felt like it - I think most kids do at some point but only a few are actually serious about it. Parents can be overproctective and not give children the freedom they need but at the same time there are some dangerous people out there and parents are only thinking about their kids. I have got into arguments with my parents and have said things I shouldnt, but I think most teens do that at some point. Kids dont seem to have respect for their parents these days and I think if parents tried to communicate more with their children by talking to them casually and not shouting and laying down the rules then kids would show them more respect and follow the rules.
sorry if that was long and didnt make sense!
Register