Children who are going against their parents

AuthorMessage
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
May 28th, 2006 at 05:20am
franzi:
er.. a lot of kids call their parentals by their first names.. is it a bad thing? Confused

Why would that be a bad thing? I call my dad by his first name all the time, I'm just so use to everyone else calling him that I don't even realise I'm doing it.
CountMikeulasNextVictim
Post Whore
CountMikeulasNextVictim

Blog
May 28th, 2006 at 05:21am
most children at some point in their life are against their parents, seems natural to me.....
Babi Kid Rachy
King For A Couple Of Days
Babi Kid Rachy
May 28th, 2006 at 06:28am
Some children don't like their parents for many reasons.
It is too hard to explain why, it'll take a long time...

PARENTS ARE ANNOYING. but yeah...they are also here to help you grow up and live through life, so yeah...respect them. Up
fender
Geek
fender
May 28th, 2006 at 12:15pm
it's unatural not to fall out with your parents every now and again, if you agreed on every thing, it would be wierd! seriously me and my mum are good friends some times, but the rest of the time we hate each other! parents are there to teach you the value of life, how to be a decent human being, if they wernt taught well how can they teach they're children? it's a vicious circle! i have run away from home before but it didnt really work! and i hate my dad but my mum is ok i guess!
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
May 31st, 2006 at 06:16pm
You know, I really don't understand.
Having petty fights with your parents is okay. But going all out against them is just stupid- unless you have a GOOD reason, ie: they've ruined your life by their doing of drugs, they've always hated you, never wanted you, abused you [which you should get HELP for, not try to rebel by yourself].

If your parents provide for you, care for you, love you no matter what, will always welcome you back home with open arms after you've ran away, then you need to get a reality check and just get over yourself. You don't look cool when you attempt at being a badass towards your parents; you look like a disrespectful prick.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
May 31st, 2006 at 10:53pm
VF Lover!:
You know, I really don't understand.
Having petty fights with your parents is okay. But going all out against them is just stupid- unless you have a GOOD reason, ie: they've ruined your life by their doing of drugs, they've always hated you, never wanted you, abused you [which you should get HELP for, not try to rebel by yourself].

If your parents provide for you, care for you, love you no matter what, will always welcome you back home with open arms after you've ran away, then you need to get a reality check and just get over yourself. You don't look cool when you attempt at being a badass towards your parents; you look like a disrespectful prick.

But its not as black and white as that.
What about the people who haven't had their lives ruined, or their parents do get drunk a lot, but they aren't alcoholics, or they yell at you all the time, but they never physically abused you.

You just stated two polar opposite things, and normally, they don't fit into either, most familys just float somewhere in the middle.

I know parents who don't provide for their children, care for them, or show them a great deal of love. Who practically ignore their child. Those kids aren't exactly going to treat their parents as their parents, because they aren't caring for them

But I agree with the last bit, thats true. I know people like that, who always go on about how much they hate their parents, but their parents just care for them so much, and love them so much, and I think they should just stop complaining because they don't have it that bad.

I know people who complain, and have a sook every time their parents ask them to do something around the house Rolling Eyes
The.Crazed.Spork
Jackass
The.Crazed.Spork
June 1st, 2006 at 12:02am
I think its mostly the parent's fault. some parents will let their kid get away with just about anything, but at the same time restricting them enough where they want to rebel. all children need order and dicipline in their life, and if that's not given children WILL become "hooligans", but they also need loving and support. if a parents were to try to make a "punky" type child be a "preppy cheerleader" and won't support or show their love until they do, the child won't be "right". they might hate their parents for most of their life or have self-esteem issues, causing a strained relationship, which then causes the whole "I'm gonna run away" or "I'm gonna talk back, hit my parents, and call them by their first names (if you wnat to classify that as disrespect)" type of reaction. No child just naturally wants to run away, they have to be "pushed".

and the whiny brats who go against their parents just to do it haven't been shown either enough love or enough force, one of the two.

but that's just my opinion! correct me if you see somthing that's wrong in your opinion Very Happy
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
June 1st, 2006 at 06:30am
Well, in my opinion, the way my mother operates is that her word is law, anyone who doesn't abide gets a sore backside. Kinda like that. But anyway, she is uncompromising and everything must go her way as it was similiar when she was growing up. Although my mom has taken it... to extremes sometimes and had me feeling even as a small child that she secretly hated me therefore as I've grew up, I have little self esteem. I don't blame her as it is a generation thing but I don't want to have kids just in case i end uop like a mother like her. I don't blame her even though I have been told I really should. I've studyied (sorta) other parents and there should be a nice mix of dicipline and comfort, but I think that sometimes we as teenagers and kids are getting either more lazy or whatever when it comes to chores because I have seen some of my peers practically cry when asked to do something. But I'm not saying everyone is like that. I can't really comment as of course I have a biased view, so yeah...
~ Christie ~
Idiot
~ Christie ~
June 1st, 2006 at 10:54am
It's normal. Children become teenagers, and parents are adults. That are two really different generations. Adults are all worried about everything, but kids are always fast and daring and don't give a shit about anything.I think that's why.
The.Crazed.Spork
Jackass
The.Crazed.Spork
June 1st, 2006 at 02:39pm
yeah, its normal for parents and teens or kids to get into disagreements, but sometimes that gets outta hand and the kids starts to manipulate the situation, causing t he parent to be inconsistant, which causes trust/dicipline issues.
its a big chain reaction!!
rock_music_GD
Geek
rock_music_GD
June 2nd, 2006 at 06:40am
What about parents respecting their children? I got a lecture the other day because I yell at everybody. They think they can treat me like shit and I'm not going to retaliate? Yeah that's why I got such strong feelings about that shit . . .

It Had to Be You.:
Children who don't respect their parents should get the punishment of a slap. Back then in the 40s, 50s, and 60s, parents would beat their kids and it wouldn't be child abuse because everyone did that at the time. And all the kids that complain about their parents hitting them, well what the fuck? It's the child's fault for pissing the 'rents off in the first place.

I believe that in a younger age, kids should get lightly slapped on the butt or the hand. It's the first form of discipline and they need to learn that if they do something wrong, then they will be expected to receive the punishment they deserve.

...I'm making no sense but whatever.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
June 2nd, 2006 at 04:44pm
rock_music_GD:
What about parents respecting their children? I got a lecture the other day because I yell at everybody. They think they can treat me like shit and I'm not going to retaliate? Yeah that's why I got such strong feelings about that shit . . .

Children have to earn respect from their parents just as parents have to earn it from their children.
Retailiation does not earn you an adult's respect--it's childish. You have to prove that they should respect you through positive actions. Negativity has never been respectable.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 2nd, 2006 at 04:49pm
Kitti:
rock_music_GD:

Children have to earn respect from their parents just as parents have to earn it from their children.
Retailiation does not earn you an adult's respect--it's childish. You have to prove that they should respect you through positive actions. Negativity has never been respectable.
Well, if you have bad parents and they dont deserve your respect, why would you give it to them? In order to retailate, there has to be something to retaliate against. Negativity isnt respectable, but when your parents are negative towards you, it's much harder to be the bigger person and remain positive, especially seeing as how they are the "adult".
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
June 3rd, 2006 at 09:55am
Kitti:
rock_music_GD:

I really agree with that.
People always say "respect your parents and elders"
Respect is not just given to you, it has to be earned.
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 31st, 2006 at 12:49am
It kinda runs both ways. Some parents really are horrible and abuse their kids and have a crucially violent household. But kids are always going against their parents for any reason they can think of. Personally, I get pissed off at my mom for not letting me dress the way I want to, she wants me to dress casual, elegant, and nice. I hate that! However, my parents definately always let me be social, and the only way they would say no to being with my friends is if the hangout place was very VERY expensive, and I like that. Everytime I ask my parents if I could have a friend over, it's almost always, "I don't care." But children can have tantrums over little things parents do and run away. I think I have it decent in my house. Think, there's always someone in a worse situation.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
August 11th, 2006 at 10:03am
A lot of teens go against there parents beacuase they feel that there parents think they are yonger then they are. There parents still think that there not old enouth to make there own desithions but they think they are so they go against they parents to try to prove that they dont need them anymore.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
August 11th, 2006 at 11:43am
Astra Slappy:
In all honesty, there are some really crappy parents out there. Parents who never discipline their kids while they're growing up and then get overbearing with them when they're teenagers. Or there are the parents that discipline too much ... or the parents who couldn't give a fuck. My honest opinion is that if more people put their kids first and loved them as much as they say they do, there wouldn't be so many fucked up kids in the world trying to run away from home. I know this because my mother is the most awesome person in the world ... compared with some of the other parents I know (including my father), she's an absolute legend and she gave up everything for us. My mum always told me she'd accept me no matter what I said, did or believed, because that's what love is really all about. Some people today are so shallow and selfish, all they care about is what other people will think of their kids, rather than what is good for them as people or what makes them happy. It makes me really mad ... you see all the shit that happens in the world and so much of it is because people have grown up miserable and lash out at other forms of establishment, which mirrors the authority figures they grew up with.
Oh well, rant over. This probably has nothing to do with what you're saying but simply I understand kids who go against their parents ... and it's usually the parents' fault.

Clap I like you.

My opinion on this thread: I think it depends on the situation. Everyone's different. Sometimes it's the parent's fault. Sometime's it's the kid's. Sometimes they're both to blame.. sometimes no one is.
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
August 11th, 2006 at 11:50am
american_idiot_94:
jimmy <3:
er.. a lot of kids call their parentals by their first names.. is it a bad thing? Confused

i call my mom and dad by there first names...but thats what i grew up hearing my sister and my brother would call them by their first names, jerry and dave....so... i mean they could care less about what we call them as long as its not asshole or something like that....lol
My mom doesn't let me call her by her first name.. xD I once had that idea but she got really angry o_o
guitars_are_sexy
Geek
guitars_are_sexy
November 3rd, 2006 at 04:09pm
i dont behave and i talk bad to my parents
but its not because they let me do what i want, its because theyre too overprotective
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
November 3rd, 2006 at 04:22pm
i of course respect my parents, if i do call my mom a bitch we end up lmfao lmfao lmfao for about a half an hour
thats how we joke around
me and my dad don't talk too much but when we do its ok.

thy let me do what i want as long as i'm respectful and polite and keep my grades up

i have no reason to ''rebel''
Register