Medical marijuana

AuthorMessage
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
July 1st, 2005 at 01:46pm
September_has_Ended:
No. Any whacko can get ahold of a perscription pad, fake a doctors signature and some pot if they want.

Drugs like that should only be avaliable to cancer patients in hospitals who are terminal.

I agree, my dad thinks it should be legal for cancer patients.
Although my dumb dad thinks it should be legal for everyone..I don't.
I believe it's more effective than pills.
It still can hurt you over long time use.
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
July 2nd, 2005 at 09:30am
My friends aunt has to have it because it helps her sleep and makes her calm. I cant remember exactly hat shes got, but she cant move any part of her body apart from her head.
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
July 2nd, 2005 at 09:31am
Oh and did you know that the bassist from SOAD is prescribed weed?
Creepy Jesus
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Creepy Jesus
July 14th, 2005 at 09:13pm
Oh...........NO WAY!!?!?!?!?
Damn, im gonna have to get some of what he's got
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
July 15th, 2005 at 03:28pm
i124q:
Yes. They should make it legal, but not just for medical reasons. Its been proven to be safer than alcohol and nicotene, it relaxes people, whereas alcohol does the opposite. So, if people have the right to choose to smoke cigerretes, why not marijuana? they have the same health risks. Furthermore, in Holland (where it has been legalised) there are less addicts than here in England. Then, has it has been mentioned it has medicinal purposes aswell, yet it doesnt have to be smoked, it can be baked in a cake! so there isn't the risk of lung cancer or heart disease from it.

However, I'd rather have a bunch of drunk people than a bunch of schitzophrenics?
Creepy Jesus
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Creepy Jesus
July 29th, 2005 at 03:14pm
Nope! Thats wrong.
Ever spilled a stoned guys pint? He just stares at it, laughs, then buys another one..............or falls asleep.
But if you do that to a big burly drunk guy, your screwed.
Kitti
Kitti
August 1st, 2005 at 07:55pm
marijuana has been scientifically proven to be the best means of pain management for cancer patients...but its illegal. that doesnt seem quite right to me.

marijuana is not a chemically addictive substance. when you think about it, caffiene is more addictive. if ur addicted to weed, its all in yr head...

finally, if you need marijuana to have an outlook on life like mine, im sorry for you. i have a friend who consistently tells me that im so mellow that if i were to smoke pot id prolly be DEAD. heh...more incentive not to do it, then, eh? honestly, i dont care if u smoke pot, but dont do it around me cause the smell gives me a killer headache. NO i havent tried it...but dont think that means ive never had a contact high...walk into one of the bathrooms in my school and see what happens. or, hell, any rock/punk concert. but the government trying to prevent ppl from doing it doesnt seem to do any good, does it?
FlunkieStargazer711
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FlunkieStargazer711
August 1st, 2005 at 08:15pm
yeah but all these ppl that say they should legalize it arent thinking about it a lot...if they legalize pot....the prices would hit the fucking roof.....there would be so many taxes imposed on them that all the potheads wouldnt be able to afford it....our govt likes to tax the hell out of everything....and if they can they will
Kitti
Kitti
August 1st, 2005 at 08:44pm
but that doesnt change the fact that there are people who could benifit from it...some people whose quality of life could seriously improve, who could actually be cofortable in their last days...i know thats dreadfully morbid, but my great-grandmother died of cancer, and she was in so much pain...it might have helped her if it couldve been an option, but it wasnt. i guess its just that having watched someone close to me suffer and lose that battle, id like other people in that position to at least not have to endure the pain she did.
FlunkieStargazer711
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
FlunkieStargazer711
August 1st, 2005 at 09:51pm
well im not sayin that they shouldnt legalize it....im just sayin the potheads that are screamin to legalize it are really not thinking abou tits consiquences....on their pot habits that is....i think it should be....besides its not like hardly anyone gets busted for having/using it....look at dylan and his friends.....so...i think it shoudl be ...but it actually may help how many ppl smoke weed caus ethey wont be able to be afford it
Kitti
Kitti
August 1st, 2005 at 11:12pm
lol. well, dylan doesnt pay for his weed...he's joey's bitch and he gets it off him...come to think of it, most of our town doesnt have to pay for their drugs courtesey of the nice little society of scumbags and idiots in our school that nobody is supposed to know about and so naturally everyone does. then again, the way i see it, its a plant. enjoy. i dont think our government has a right to regulate/ban anything that cant cause murder, mayhem, or bloodshed on the masses by simple contact...especially when it has the potential to actually help some people.
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 1st, 2005 at 11:26pm
i think that it should be used for medical reasons, but throw a whole bunch of conducts on where, and how its stored, when its given. but then again, that would suck too, theres always loopholes and nasties.

they jsut have to find a way to make it right
Kitti
Kitti
August 1st, 2005 at 11:34pm
yeah, and they arent going to...bureaucracy, man...fucking useless...
St.JimmyT9109
Geek
St.JimmyT9109
August 2nd, 2005 at 03:16am
if they have illegal mj then they should make tobbacco just as illegal cuz it causes health problems...but its not illegal because thats how alot of southern states make therye money and they have congressmen too so its not gonna change for that but then it should change for mj and all the other illegal drugs
Kitti
Kitti
August 2nd, 2005 at 01:05pm
not ALL illegal drugs. many drugs are illegal for a reason. acid, for example...do you KNOW what that shit can do to you? i know a guy nearing 40 who dropped acid when he was a teenager/early 20s and he still has flashbacks to those hallucinations. THATS WHY ITS ILLEGAL. it can seriously fuck you up for life. most drugs WILL...but marijuana is NOT chemically addictive and it isnt nearly as dangerous as most illegal drugs. unless its laced...heroine, coke, acid, speed, meth, and others should and WILL stay illegal. theyre dangerous to everyone.
In Between Dreams
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
In Between Dreams
August 7th, 2005 at 01:29am
paradoxical:
not ALL illegal drugs. many drugs are illegal for a reason. acid, for example...do you KNOW what that shit can do to you? i know a guy nearing 40 who dropped acid when he was a teenager/early 20s and he still has flashbacks to those hallucinations. THATS WHY ITS ILLEGAL. it can seriously fuck you up for life. most drugs WILL...but marijuana is NOT chemically addictive and it isnt nearly as dangerous as most illegal drugs. unless its laced...heroine, coke, acid, speed, meth, and others should and WILL stay illegal. theyre dangerous to everyone.

What about drivng while high?
Or anything that requires ANY common sense that could affect someone negatively?
HMM?
In Between Dreams
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
In Between Dreams
August 7th, 2005 at 01:32am
But I do think that medical MJ should be used, with precautions, such as keeping it away from potheads that dont need it.
Kitti
Kitti
August 8th, 2005 at 04:09pm
actually, the effects of marijauna are essentially the same as that of alcohol. driving high and driving drunk are basically the same. people are more likely to drive while high though, because its illegal to have weed. legalize it, and theres not quite so much of an issue, right?
DateLine
Idiot
DateLine
November 5th, 2005 at 07:30am
They should make it legal, but with rules....yes that sounds lame...but yeah...and no doubt with these rules..they wouldnt be able to be kept enforced...

"Could Jesus heat a burrito so hot, that he himself could not eat it?"
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 5th, 2005 at 10:59am
Uhm I dont think it should be legal
Register