The obesity issue

AuthorMessage
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
July 21st, 2005 at 02:11pm
OMG u cited foamy!!!!! foamy is a deity in my mind...and pillsy too...
_rehabreject_
King For A Couple Of Days
_rehabreject_
July 21st, 2005 at 02:15pm
foamy?
FOAMY THE SQUIRELL?!?!?
woot!
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
July 21st, 2005 at 03:30pm
i say that yea, let people eat what they want, and its being selfish saying that mickey dees is making them fat. it just means there trying to blame someone else, fattty.

but really, i think the atkins diet has been prejudiced by the media and public. ive never seen anyone on it who isnt healthy.

but, people worry too much about their image, but theres a certain extent where you can be too big, and its unhealthy.
kaleidoscope_eyes
Geek
kaleidoscope_eyes
July 22nd, 2005 at 02:05pm
People dont want to take responcibility for there lack of self control so now there is a new "epidemic" a disease that has crushed the lives of so many. Well people that are fat and dont like it can do something about it instead of blaming mcdonalds for having supersized meals
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
July 22nd, 2005 at 02:42pm
freedom-phantom:
i would like too know allo you peoples opinions about the growing epidemic in america

i dont think its just an american epidemic i think its a epidemic in the developed world.
but now days kids get mixed signals their told you have to be skinny to be popular but at the same time the media give out about famous people being to skinny.
so it seems like a loose -loose situation
Worried Beef
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Worried Beef
July 25th, 2005 at 06:35pm
† Loki †:
I think its ridiculous the way people are blaming fast food places like macdonaulds its not like macdonaulds force the food into their mouths, if they acdtually cared about their bodies they would be fine and if they had any will power at all they aould not be obease, i think it is stupid that the people think the NHS should pay for people to have lypo suction and things to help them lose weight when there are people with problems they didnt bring on themselves who actually need help

Although i agree with you to some extent,haven't you EVER been able to resist the smell of Mcdonalds, say on a day when it is freezing and you are really hungry yourself ? I know that i can't resist temptation sometimes - and i eat quite healthy,nor am i overweight.
Personay, i think that there are too many fast food restaurants about.I'm pretty sure that if there were less fast food restaurants about,that there would be less people who are over-weight. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any,but you can't turn a corner without being tempted to buy a greasy burger.It's the temptation that is mainly the problem,therefore if there were less fast food places,there would be less temptation to fight,meaning people woulden't be eating as much junk and as a result, there would be less people who have an obesity problem.
Worried Beef
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Worried Beef
July 25th, 2005 at 06:44pm
Minority27:
Do what foamy says, EAT WHAT YOU WANT, if you want to be fat, then jsut go right ahead Very Happy and be happy with yourself

and dont go on the FATKINS diet Retard

It's OK saying be happy with yourself and be who you want to be ect, but encouraging people to be proud of being overweight is wrong.It IS unhealthy to be obese and i think that instead of encouraging people to be happy if they are fat, you should encourage peole to loose weight - so that they can be healthy and will no longer make their heart struggle.
Telling people that it's OK to be fat is basicly saying ''don't bother trying to loose weight,you continue to be unhealthy and keep your heart in danger - it doesen't matter if you are happy and proud of being fat''
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
July 26th, 2005 at 12:47am
I think that there is a certain point where people should start taking better care of themselves...like many people like in schools see a person who is a bit larger than some of the other people and say stuff like omg they are sooo fat...which they are not...but full grown people who weigh 300 pounds have a problem and need to deal with it

I am 16 years old and am not the thinnest person in the world...im not saying im fat because I know fat people and I am not at that level yet...my getting larger wasnt because of just eating Mcdonalds all the time...on the contrary I'm a vegitarian, but I gained weight when I moved to the place I live in now because I was depressed, I had no friends, and I wanted to see my old friends...so basically I sat around and ate alot of junk food, but it eventually got better and I went back to what I usually ate...unfortunatly the damage was already done and now I am having to deal with that fact so I'm on Slimfast and am losing weight pretty well yay me

so basically what Im saying is dont make fun of the fatter people in you schools because it could not be just because of their lack of caring about their physical well being, it could go deeper than that and getting made fun of just makes that worse
christie road
Addict
christie road
February 16th, 2006 at 12:51pm
fatpunk_50:
im fat and happy so fuck it anyways im still sexy
That's the spirit Five
christie road
Addict
christie road
February 16th, 2006 at 12:52pm
some people cant do anything about it, they are born with a slow metabolism
PanicOfBeliever
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
PanicOfBeliever
February 16th, 2006 at 12:58pm
It IS a problem in the country at the moment as techs like computers etc have caused people to be more lazy, and more relient on food stuffs such as fast food places. However in the future there will be drugs developed to combat the weight gain and perhaps gain muscle. In the future exercise may be a hobby rather than a need. Which all in all is a shame as I enjoy exersise and I'd hate to think I was doing it for nothing.
SARAnade
SARAnade
February 16th, 2006 at 03:39pm
a lot of people these days are overweight, personally i think i am overweight..but thats another issue, i can admit tat i dont eat very healthy but i also cant help it in a way. when i got sick about 2 yrs ago i was prescribed a drug that included steroids and it made me gain a lot of wieght...not muscle..just fat!..i have been able to loose about 10lbs of whaT I put on but i cant seem to lose the next 10-15lbs or so...so sometimes people just cant help being overweight
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 16th, 2006 at 03:59pm
LovesBillieJoe:
a lot of people these days are overweight, personally i think i am overweight..but thats another issue, i can admit tat i dont eat very healthy but i also cant help it in a way. when i got sick about 2 yrs ago i was prescribed a drug that included steroids and it made me gain a lot of wieght...not muscle..just fat!..i have been able to loose about 10lbs of whaT I put on but i cant seem to lose the next 10-15lbs or so...so sometimes people just cant help being overweight

well said!!!

People have over under active thiroids and that makes them over weight. I know i am over weight and i am happy, i get very regular checks with my GP and he says that apart from other unrelated problems i am fine.
Incubus
Jackass
Incubus
February 16th, 2006 at 04:20pm
I probably would be over weight if I wasn't in a nasty car accident six months ago, I was in hospital for a month and lost a lot of weight but I'm starting to gain it again because I can't exactly exercise anymore thanks to that accident and anyway I spend all day at school so by the time I get home its dark and I have to study for exams and neither me nor anyone else in my family has the time to make a healthy food so we just eat whatever takes the least amount of time to heat up.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 26th, 2006 at 08:10pm
its really the persons decisiion but to the point that they cant walk and have to be in a wheelchair is obsurd.

god, no, thats not what im trying to say...........god, im losin it.
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
February 27th, 2006 at 03:14pm
Hmm, well, 'gluttony' is considered one of the Seven Deadly Sins etc etc but normally, one's sense of pride will make them diet, exercise more etc etc to make themselves better looking.

I mean, I'm not a model but I'm not obese either and the amount of shit I get about it makes me want to crash diet etc etc and though I've tried loads of things and I eat healthily and walk to school and back everyday( and it's about half a mile-a mile away) and I've lost hardly any weight. Tis a bitch.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
February 27th, 2006 at 05:07pm
obesity is certainatly a problem. i know a number of obese people, infact, my father is obese. I think the reason so many people here in
America are obese is because everything is running on computers. Theres no reason to get out of your car and walk into the bank. theres no reason to walk anywhere at all.

I'm adverage i have hips, thighs, breasts; I have a womanly figure, and i am like the envy of every girl in my class. (i'm not bragging, i'm being truthful because most of them are flat as a pancake). the girls in my class are too thin. they only eat low carb stuff and that shit. So its like too extremes. theres so much pressure for people to be thin, but everyone here is turning out unhealthly fat
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 27th, 2006 at 06:20pm
Cupid Stunt:
Hmm, well, 'gluttony' is considered one of the Seven Deadly Sins etc etc but normally, one's sense of pride will make them diet, exercise more etc etc to make themselves better looking.

I mean, I'm not a model but I'm not obese either and the amount of shit I get about it makes me want to crash diet etc etc and though I've tried loads of things and I eat healthily and walk to school and back everyday( and it's about half a mile-a mile away) and I've lost hardly any weight. Tis a bitch.

some poepl cant excersise what about the ill people the ones who have just had operations, and the people in wheelchairs?
steady riot.
steady riot.
February 27th, 2006 at 10:00pm
Alot of obesity is caused by depression though. They get depressed, eat, get depressed, eat, and so on. It's also genetics(sp?). But it doesn't always help people that are obese, and then there is a healthy kid, who thinks their fat, or over weight. It makes the obese person depressed, and then they eat even more.
Amanda
Basket Case
Amanda
February 27th, 2006 at 10:04pm
xxbang_bangxx:
Alot of obesity is caused by depression though. They get depressed, eat, get depressed, eat, and so on.
that's exactly right. also why I'm close to fat now.
Register