Is Jason White An Official Member Of Green Day?

AuthorMessage
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
Idiot
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
August 26th, 2005 at 06:45pm
i_have_billies_socks:
darkelf1822:
hey, dont diss jason. he's actually a better guitarist than billie joe. which is probably why they'd want him in their band. he's been with them for so long and not really gotten any recognition. and green day's been doing more "grown up" things with their music that he'd be a help with. it's be weird, but we'd get over it.

well, billie could probably do those things, except he's interacting with the crowd more now. and the music is much more...complex...and in need of a back-up guitarist.

i just remembered...what about jason freese?

Billie Joe isn't actually that great a guitarist at all, its the fac tthat hes superb with an audience that keeps him a legend. He isn't that good a guitar player to be honest.

And yes, Jason White should be classed as an official member. He's been with the band for what, 15 or 16 years, to act like he doesnt exist is not fair. As far as i'm concerned, there are 4 members of Green Day.
Magenta
Jackass
Magenta
August 26th, 2005 at 06:47pm
mike_dirnt_obsessed:
i_have_billies_socks:
darkelf1822:
hey, dont diss jason. he's actually a better guitarist than billie joe. which is probably why they'd want him in their band. he's been with them for so long and not really gotten any recognition. and green day's been doing more "grown up" things with their music that he'd be a help with. it's be weird, but we'd get over it.

well, billie could probably do those things, except he's interacting with the crowd more now. and the music is much more...complex...and in need of a back-up guitarist.

Billie Joe isn't actually that great a guitarist at all, its the fac tthat hes superb with an audience that keeps him a legend. He isn't that good a guitar player to be honest.

but at the concert he's trying to be jimi hendrix! you know making all the noise by rubbing the guitar along the rails, playing with his teeth and behind his back....entertaining, entertaining. Cool
Just a Puppet...
Addict
Just a Puppet...
August 26th, 2005 at 06:50pm
I think he should be a memeber. To me, Green Day has always been a band with 4 members ANYWAY, this wouldnt make a difference.
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
Idiot
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
August 26th, 2005 at 06:51pm
i_have_billies_socks:
mike_dirnt_obsessed:
i_have_billies_socks:
darkelf1822:

but at the concert he's trying to be jimi hendrix! you know making all the noise by rubbing the guitar along the rails, playing with his teeth and behind his back....entertaining, entertaining. Cool

Agreed, he's a fantastic entertainer. Just not that special a guitarist.
Pretty Like Drugs
King For A Couple Of Days
Pretty Like Drugs
i got nuthin against teh guy, but i'm too used to just bj, m & t dicking around by themselves...
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
i got nuthin against teh guy, but i'm too used to just bj, m & t dicking around by themselves...
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
Idiot
LiamIsn'tOnFire.
August 26th, 2005 at 06:52pm
i_have_billies_socks:
mike_dirnt_obsessed:
i_have_billies_socks:
darkelf1822:

Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
August 26th, 2005 at 06:52pm
whoops posted twice
asphinctersayswhat
Idiot
asphinctersayswhat
August 26th, 2005 at 06:53pm
mo way. they have had three members... thats kind of obvious though. but yea its billie mike and tre forever. yea. i am a hippie.
Jimmy's Kid
Idiot
Jimmy's Kid
August 26th, 2005 at 06:59pm
mmm....no, i dont think so. Like, i think he's cool and all and i agree, i think he is a better guitar player than billie joe, but he's not really green day. Like, he's not that interesting to be honest and he doesnt really fit with the image if u ask me, but wadeva, different people have different views, i'd be really shocked if they did, but i'd get over it
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
August 26th, 2005 at 07:00pm
mike_dirnt_obsessed:
i_have_billies_socks:
mike_dirnt_obsessed:
i_have_billies_socks:
darkelf1822:

Billie has been playing guitar since he was jsut a child...
He plays allll the guitar parts on the records.. writes teh solos... but hes the singer.. he sins.. an d plays rythm guitar on stage. and jason jsut fills in to play fior concers and the like.. billie really is a great guitar player...He plays everything you hear on the records.
Magenta
Jackass
Magenta
August 26th, 2005 at 07:04pm
Death By A Super Douche..:
mike_dirnt_obsessed:
i_have_billies_socks:
mike_dirnt_obsessed:
i_have_billies_socks:
darkelf1822:

He plays allll the guitar parts on the records.. writes teh solos... but hes the singer.. he sins.. an d plays rythm guitar on stage. and jason jsut fills in to play fior concers and the like.. billie really is a great guitar player...He plays everything you hear on the records.

OH MAH GAWD, ESTHER!!! *superflyingtackles again*
Soldasfreedom
Idiot
Soldasfreedom
August 26th, 2005 at 07:06pm
Hes just a touring person thing....
Like Pat Smear was to Nirvana.... i cant remeber what ya call them.. Shocked
Im pretty sure hes a cool guy, but i dont think he should be part of the band, but i do think he should get more recognition. If ya no what i mean
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
August 26th, 2005 at 07:08pm
erm:
Hes just a touring person thing....
Like Pat Smear was to Nirvana.... i cant remeber what ya call them.. Shocked
Im pretty sure hes a cool guy, but i dont think he should be part of the band, but i do think he should get more recognition. If ya no what i mean

exactly.. hes jsut a tour extra....
he doesn;t write any songs with them.. and he doesn;t record for the albums... he just plays for touring purposes
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
August 26th, 2005 at 07:08pm
i_have_billies_socks:
Death By A Super Douche..:
mike_dirnt_obsessed:
i_have_billies_socks:
mike_dirnt_obsessed:
i_have_billies_socks:
darkelf1822:

OH MAH GAWD, ESTHER!!! *superflyingtackles again*

XOXOXOXOXOXOXO!!

even my 50 year old father who has been playing guitar for 30 some years thinks billie is a great guitar player.
Magenta
Jackass
Magenta
August 26th, 2005 at 07:09pm
JA-SON-FREESE! JA-SON-FREESE!

he's awesome. ^.^
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
August 26th, 2005 at 07:10pm
I now refere to Green Day in the past tense, they are now American Idiots, as I like to call them

Jason White can't be a part of Green Day, he can join the American Idiots until their egos deflate
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
August 26th, 2005 at 07:10pm
i_have_billies_socks:
JA-SON-FREESE! JA-SON-FREESE!

he's awesome. ^.^

when i saw green day.. durring king for a day.. tre played trumpet and jason payed drums Smile.. i think it was jason anyway,
VF Lover!
VF Lover!
August 26th, 2005 at 07:11pm
my opinion is that Green Day is....well Green Day. they've always had three membors, and it would be quite odd if there were four.
no. that just can't happen.
Register