Is today's world getting too violent?

AuthorMessage
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
November 18th, 2005 at 10:42pm
Faith:
As your avatar says "Do us all a favor and go shoot yourself"...

Exactly my point. Violence is everywhere and you can't escape it.

I'm not saying I condone it, but I don't dissapprove of it either.

How are kids supposed to learn what it feels like to fall and get hurt if their playgrounds are made out of rubber, pillows, and marshmellow fluff?
However, that's not really violence. It's just getting a thick skin.
Kitti
Kitti
November 19th, 2005 at 02:56pm
spill_no_sick:
I don't think we're at all more violent
I think we're the opposite and it's bad
we've become so....hippie these days
have you ever witnessed a fight in school where it lasted more than a minute before a teacher broke it up?
back in the seventies it was common to be in class and hear a cherry bomb blow up the toilet
last year five kids at my school were expelled because they had two bottle rockets....the little week ones; I've held the same brand in my hand and it hardly hurt at all

I think this causes major false insecurity when kids grow up, it takes a major toll on numbness, so they'll never be ready for true violence

bullies and fighting is a part of life everyone should learn because it will never go away

on the other hand: I think the the right to bare arms needs revision
it was written in the times of muskets, now we have guns that don't take three minutes to load
but the guns aren't even a major problem, I think we are in the most tame era of all man kind actually

I'm really into psycology, and I know that this lack of (mild, neccesarry for development, and cronic) violence is actually neccesary for normal emotional security/lack of

we live in a very hippie society where the ideals are logical but impossible, stupid, only sound good, and are very dangerous if executed

please look at both sides and notice: how could you move to a new place and feel secure if you know you've never encountered phisical conflict?
how would you feel if you know your strengths and weeknesses, and learned how to work out of any conflict no matter if it takes physical force?

our society will eventually rob us of everything that makes us human so that we're perfect with an empty hole, yearning for that humanity back, and one day, we'll never be able to uncover it again and we'll have to synthesize it all, and we will rip the fabric of life and humanity, a rip unable to repair unless we start with a new sheet of fabric

and why?
because we are afraid of the short tearm bloody nose
we are pussy enough and selfish enough to make a law putting a man behind bars for life if he beats up a guy for his race

think about your responses to everything before you say them, no matter how good they sound, there is always another side to the story that no one has thought of yet
and this lack of thinking will be our own undoing

i love that youre back at least temporarily...*hug* missed you! and your brilliant intellect...i think weve all missed that. lol

its a very human thing to be so violent. were an ugly race, thats for certain. we cant survive without violence. then again, we have a deep underlying need for peace and a lot of hate toward anyone who has found it. in the end, there is no solution. violence, unhappyness, numbness-- its all a reference point. without those things we cant see the extremes, just a very grey world. if there was no violence there would also be no peace as it were. it would be some undefined place in betwen. as humans we think in black and white. we cant define grey. somewhere in that process our brains short-circuit.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 19th, 2005 at 03:04pm
To refute one point made above: I pretty much can't solve a problem using physical violence since I am by no means athletic. I may be fit, but I only lasted for a week on the modified basketball team in seventh grade. So I pretty much solve my problems using anything BUT physical means...and I feel that I can move to a new place and feel secure, depsite the fact that the last time I experienced physical conflict was when I saw an episode of "The Three Stooges." Peace from a hippie!
Baguelle
King For A Couple Of Days
Baguelle
November 19th, 2005 at 03:08pm
Yeah. All of the stuff about shooting people and stuff. *shivers*...It makes me sick.
Ilse
Ilse
November 19th, 2005 at 09:58pm
Basket*Case:
Yeah. All of the stuff about shooting people and stuff. *shivers*...It makes me sick.
Hell, you can't go one day with out hearing "I'll pop a cap in your ass." Weather it be in a song, tv show, or movie.
Paul Simonon Teenie.
Jackass
Paul Simonon Teenie.
November 20th, 2005 at 05:06pm
Yes.
Baguelle
Baguelle
November 20th, 2005 at 05:58pm
Eaxactly. That's one of my biggest fears now, gettign shot. Shocked
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 20th, 2005 at 07:19pm
yeah, it is, but whatcha gonna do?
Ilse
Ilse
November 20th, 2005 at 07:35pm
Pretty Like Drugs:
Wear a bullet proof vest...
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
November 20th, 2005 at 08:01pm
September_has_Ended:
Pretty Like Drugs:
Wear a bullet proof vest...
chuckle chuckle

their are other forms of violence worth worrying about too...
Fell
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Fell
November 21st, 2005 at 10:04pm
I was a home a few days ago and I think there where gun shots. I could hear something. But I'm not totaly sure because my friend lives near my house and he has firecrackers.

But yes the world is violent. Why?

Because people have a strong will to live, an even stronger will to learn all there is because all we want is the best for or selves.

Some people are to full of there selves to ever admit they'd ever do some thing wronge.

I mean look at bush. Wasn't he there for the"wepons of mass distruction"?

What he looking for now? I mean while florida was being ripped apart by hurricans he was worried about a boat crash in mississippi that killed two children.

Whats wronge with the guy. He needs a reality check.

But over all yes. I think the world is getting more and too violent. I mean last year some guy was murderd at my school.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 22nd, 2005 at 02:43pm
Fell:
I was a home a few days ago and I think there where gun shots. I could hear something. But I'm not totaly sure because my friend lives near my house and he has firecrackers.

But yes the world is violent. Why?

Because people have a strong will to live, an even stronger will to learn all there is because all we want is the best for or selves.

Some people are to full of there selves to ever admit they'd ever do some thing wronge.

I mean look at bush. Wasn't he there for the"wepons of mass distruction"?

What he looking for now? I mean while florida was being ripped apart by hurricans he was worried about a boat crash in mississippi that killed two children.

Whats wronge with the guy. He needs a reality check.

But over all yes. I think the world is getting more and too violent. I mean last year some guy was murderd at my school.
Well, I suppose that the world today is more able to kill than before...but I still think for the most part that we just know about more deaths. I mean, would anyone outside of Louisiana even have known about the hurricane until, say, three months later a couple centuries ago?
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
November 22nd, 2005 at 05:29pm
I think teenagers are starting to get more violent. I mean...these people who call themselves chavs carry penknives and stab people when people call them names. It's pathetic. I talked to a chav ><
She said she didn't care if anyone called her names...so I said, if the words doesn't affect her..then why stab them? That just proves you care so you lash out to stop them. She said she didn't give a shit and chavs are just cool...for no reason. Rolling Eyes
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
Goodbye, Norma Jeane
November 23rd, 2005 at 01:11am
the world has always been violent, but yeah i think for today's world it's getting excessive.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
November 23rd, 2005 at 08:59pm
I spent all that time making an argument different than your alls and only one person noticed

and you all go on with your "strong ideas" "violence is wrong, it makes me afraid"
Kitti
Kitti
November 23rd, 2005 at 10:19pm
spill_no_sick:
I spent all that time making an argument different than your alls and only one person noticed

and you all go on with your "strong ideas" "violence is wrong, it makes me afraid"

more proof that people dont ACTUALLY read the threads...just the title. pretty much.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 24th, 2005 at 02:38pm
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:

more proof that people dont ACTUALLY read the threads...just the title. pretty much.
Hey, be cool! I read it anyway...and refuted a point I disagreed with...

But yes, all the rest of y'all suck.
The_Gunslinger
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
The_Gunslinger
November 25th, 2005 at 04:58am
Its not violent video games that are causing it violence in children and teens has actually discreased since violent video games came out in the early 90's.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 25th, 2005 at 03:54pm
The_Gunslinger:
Its not violent video games that are causing it violence in children and teens has actually discreased since violent video games came out in the early 90's.
Anybody who claims that video games cause violence will be punched in the gut by your truly. That's just one of the many rediculous statements that PISS me off.

..Of course maybe some people DO have a legitimate reason of sorts to hate the awesomeness that are video games. If you have an easily-offended mind, a) you suck and b) don't go to this URL:
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=2005-08-08
--Peace Out
Kitti
Kitti
November 25th, 2005 at 07:07pm
dirtyhippie:
The_Gunslinger:
Anybody who claims that video games cause violence will be punched in the gut by your truly. That's just one of the many rediculous statements that PISS me off.

..Of course maybe some people DO have a legitimate reason of sorts to hate the awesomeness that are video games. If you have an easily-offended mind, a) you suck and b) don't go to this URL:
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=2005-08-08
--Peace Out
ctrl+alt+delete isnt violent, just incredibly offensive on occaission. oh wait. that was the point.

what do violence and offensive things have to do with each other? that comic is really irrelevant sam.
Register