Swearing

AuthorMessage
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
December 5th, 2006 at 03:37pm
That's why. I only ever call one person a bitch, but he's a guy, and it's our in joke. Laughing

I don't mind saying it as in 'to bitch about someone', I just don't like directing at people.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 5th, 2006 at 03:44pm
I try not to. But if someone were to call me one I guess I'd might call them as well. I know, I know. Two wrongs don't make a right. :p
BillieStoleMyVirginity
Geek
BillieStoleMyVirginity

Mibba
December 10th, 2006 at 12:21am
a word is a word. the word "fuck" is no different to the word "tree" its just slang. and words cant DO anything, they are just a way of communication.
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
December 10th, 2006 at 01:53pm
It's weird. I mean, I feel kind of that way too. It's like, "Why does this word matter so much?"
Kadie
Geek
Kadie

Blog
December 10th, 2006 at 02:12pm
it other borthers me if little kids are saying it because they shouldnt be saying that stuff but other then that i dont get offended
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
December 10th, 2006 at 05:29pm
swearing
there is absolutely nothing wrong with it (I just said this in the breastfeeding thread) but for some odd reason some Catholic preacher down the line said "it's disgusting!" and now people are offended
so I don't use it around people who would be offended by it because that's obscenity and being obscene is against my morals
Kadie
Geek
Kadie

Blog
December 10th, 2006 at 07:41pm
spill_no_sick:
swearing
there is absolutely nothing wrong with it (I just said this in the breastfeeding thread) but for some odd reason some Catholic preacher down the line said "it's disgusting!" and now people are offended
so I don't use it around people who would be offended by it because that's obscenity and being obscene is against my morals

i agree
BillieStoleMyVirginity
Geek
BillieStoleMyVirginity

Mibba
December 10th, 2006 at 07:59pm
*high fives all around*

lol.

in PE i tried 2 piss my teacher off so i screamed 'FUCKING HELL!'
and she goes 'LANGUAGE!' so i go "oh sorry i meant fucking HECK'

haha

Laughing
Sakah
Idiot
Sakah

Mibba
December 10th, 2006 at 09:54pm
Swearing doesn't really bother me except for god******
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 11th, 2006 at 04:05pm
Swearing...hmm...

Well, if you're going to take offence to words...make them more interesting.

Like 'peacherine'. If someone made that a dirty word then in 30 yaers time that could be as offensive as 'fuck'.

500 years ago, swearwords were about Devil and witchcraft.

Now...it's body parts and human functions...

How juvenile.
billiejoeroxx
Geek
billiejoeroxx
December 11th, 2006 at 06:02pm
i don't care if people swear
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 13th, 2006 at 04:59am
Joan of Arc of Suburbia:
Swearing...hmm...

Well, if you're going to take offence to words...make them more interesting.

Like 'peacherine'. If someone made that a dirty word then in 30 yaers time that could be as offensive as 'fuck'.

500 years ago, swearwords were about Devil and witchcraft.

Now...it's body parts and human functions...

How juvenile.

When someone uses "cunt" in a serious way (like, not joking around using it), I find it demeaning. It's juvenile that people use it as a way to put others down.
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
December 17th, 2006 at 06:01pm
frankly, i don't give a shit. No, i'm just kidding... I don't have anything against it as long as they aren't like 2-7 or some small age like that. I believe in free speech and if that includes a cuss word to get the overall point across then i don't care.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
December 17th, 2006 at 09:25pm
Even if they're "just words", they are very offensive to people. It's good to avoid offending someone if you can help it, that's my opinion anyway.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 17th, 2006 at 09:31pm
You guys keep saying "just words" and... that makes no sense to me at all. Society would be nothing if we didn't have such an advanced system of communication, they are alot more than "just words". They are how we relate to other human beings and converse on all kinds of things. If you're saying they are "just words" then you'd also be implying that abuse is only physical. Do you not think that those words you say can offend someone? Yeah, they can. The things you say to people can impact them for the rest of their life adn leave a permanent impact.

However, you don't have to cuss to make points either, there all kinds of ways to be offensive never say any word deemed obscene. I have no problem with the words, just how they are used at certain times.
Cupid Stunt
Geek
Cupid Stunt
December 19th, 2006 at 06:58pm
I don't see why people get so offended, they're just words. Okay, if used in an offensive way, yes they can hurt people. But saying the same thing without swearing would hurt just as much. So why do people moan about others swearing so much?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 19th, 2006 at 08:17pm
Cupid Stunt:
they're just words. ?

I:

You guys keep saying "just words" and... that makes no sense to me at all. Society would be nothing if we didn't have such an advanced system of communication, they are alot more than "just words". They are how we relate to other human beings and converse on all kinds of things. If you're saying they are "just words" then you'd also be implying that abuse is only physical. Do you not think that those words you say can offend someone? Yeah, they can. The things you say to people can impact them for the rest of their life adn leave a permanent impact.

However, you don't have to cuss to make points either, there all kinds of ways to be offensive never say any word deemed obscene. I have no problem with the words, just how they are used at certain times.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
December 19th, 2006 at 08:33pm
I agree. It's like, "it's just words", does that mean if I was punched, I shouldn't let that hurt me either?

When people swear all the time, I lose respect for them. They shouldn't need to use offensive words to make a point. They should be intelligent enough to get the point across without swearing.
JCJP
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
JCJP
December 23rd, 2006 at 07:49pm
Coff:
I agree. It's like, "it's just words", does that mean if I was punched, I shouldn't let that hurt me either?

When people swear all the time, I lose respect for them. They shouldn't need to use offensive words to make a point. They should be intelligent enough to get the point across without swearing.

But are there not some instances in life that you just have to yell F***! at the top of your lungs?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 23rd, 2006 at 08:49pm
JCJP:

But are there not some instances in life that you just have to yell F***! at the top of your lungs?
You may feel it needed, but to me it shows a lack of vocabulary. Dno
Register