BOOK / MOVIE: Harry Potter

AuthorMessage
define_normal
Banned
define_normal

Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 12:20am
I'm rereading all the Harry Potter books as well. I just finished The Order of the Phoenix. I think all my non Potter-loving friends(yes, I know it's insane) are getting tired of hearing me talk about book 7 and movie 5.

I hope movie 5 is a lot like movie 3. I liked the POA movie alot.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
April 13th, 2007 at 12:22am
I want to read the seventh. Problem is I only got through half of the fifth and only skimmed the sixth .-.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 03:09am
define_normal:
I'm rereading all the Harry Potter books as well. I just finished The Order of the Phoenix. I think all my non Potter-loving friends(yes, I know it's insane) are getting tired of hearing me talk about book 7 and movie 5.

I am bugging my family, especially my brother all the time since the only thing we both fancy is Harry Potter. My favorite book is the 5th one so they better not mess it up.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 12:17pm
define_normal:
Sorry to tell you this, but I didn't like how Alfonso Cuaron changed the whole movie. He changed Hogwarts, it was good before!
Funky Platypus
Idiot
Funky Platypus

Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 03:09pm
Meski:
define_normal:
Sorry to tell you this, but I didn't like how Alfonso Cuaron changed the whole movie. He changed Hogwarts, it was good before!

I liked it... and I didn't. I don't like how some scenes were left out, like the one with Lupin and Peeves! I mean, to me that was one of the funniest things in the book and they didn't use it in the movie! And they didn't have any Quidditch scenes except for that one tiny bit.

And I don't know about you guys, but I wasn't a big fan of Lupin's "hairy worm" above his lip. But Thewlis still did a good job, I think. And so did Gary Oldman.

Can't wait for Movie 5 though. Order of the Pheonix is my fave! Then Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
April 13th, 2007 at 04:23pm
Well, obviously a regisseur change means a change for the movie.

And I really liked it actually, because Chris Columbus was perfect for the first two books, 'cause they're more like ~childish~ in a way, I mean they're shorter and a happy end and all. While from the third book everything was getting darker and stuff, you know. imo.

tehe And we all have out little favorite scenes, but would they all be in the actual movie, it'd be endless, and the movies already are quite long, so they need to get the real story told.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 04:28pm
Funky Platypus:

I liked it... and I didn't. I don't like how some scenes were left out, like the one with Lupin and Peeves! I mean, to me that was one of the funniest things in the book and they didn't use it in the movie! And they didn't have any Quidditch scenes except for that one tiny bit.

And I don't know about you guys, but I wasn't a big fan of Lupin's "hairy worm" above his lip. But Thewlis still did a good job, I think. And so did Gary Oldman.

Can't wait for Movie 5 though. Order of the Pheonix is my fave! Then Prisoner of Azkaban and Goblet of Fire.
Thewlis did a great job. I know this sounds like a cliche, but he looked exactly like I imagined him. Thats why I like the film so much, you never get disappointed with the actors that play your favorite characters. Gary Oldman is like the perfect Sirius. And I agree with Be PoA was way more serious, but still not my favorite film. So far its CoS.
Funky Platypus
Idiot
Funky Platypus

Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 05:00pm
Dr. Cuddy:
Funky Platypus:

Thewlis did a great job. I know this sounds like a cliche, but he looked exactly like I imagined him. Thats why I like the film so much, you never get disappointed with the actors that play your favorite characters. Gary Oldman is like the perfect Sirius. And I agree with Be PoA was way more serious, but still not my favorite film. So far its CoS.

True. All the actors look exactly how I've pictured the real characters. Especially Snape and McGonagall, their actors have them down to a T. And i couldn't see Sirius as anyone else than Gary Oldman.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
April 13th, 2007 at 10:58pm
Funky Platypus:

Well, Peeves hasn't been any movies, right? so...they could'nt exactly just add him.
I haven't seen the movies in a while, but the only one I didn't like was the fourth one because I thought they made it a bit confusing to those who hadn't read the book. But hey, I'm a book-to-movie snob.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 06:55am
Misanthropist:
Funky Platypus:

Well, Peeves hasn't been any movies, right? so...they could'nt exactly just add him.
I haven't seen the movies in a while, but the only one I didn't like was the fourth one because I thought they made it a bit confusing to those who hadn't read the book. But hey, I'm a book-to-movie snob.
Yeah, I thought that too. Honestly I don't really care for those who didn't read the book, suckers XD
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 08:42am
Dr. Cuddy:
Thewlis did a great job. I know this sounds like a cliche, but he looked exactly like I imagined him.
Well, the real Remus Lupin has long gray hair, if you have the OotP book in the american edit, you can see him with Mad-Eye and on the last chapter he's with Tonks and Mad-Eye on Kings Cross Station.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
April 14th, 2007 at 10:00am
Meski:
Dr. Cuddy:
Thewlis did a great job. I know this sounds like a cliche, but he looked exactly like I imagined him.
Well, the real Remus Lupin has long gray hair, if you have the OotP book in the american edit, you can see him with Mad-Eye and on the last chapter he's with Tonks and Mad-Eye on Kings Cross Station.

Well Dudley is actually blonde what do you expect?! xD

Lupin, Snape, McGonagall, Dumbledore [the first one especially] and Ron look exactly like I imagined them. tehe
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 10:06am
Meski:
Dr. Cuddy:
Nope, I have the Croatian versions Mr. Green And I haven't seen a pic of him or a drawing before the film. We all have different visions of things, the film cant really comfort with us all. But so far they have succeeded.
Funky Platypus
Idiot
Funky Platypus

Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 10:58am
Dr. Cuddy:
Meski:
Dr. Cuddy:
Nope, I have the Croatian versions Mr. Green And I haven't seen a pic of him or a drawing before the film. We all have different visions of things, the film cant really comfort with us all. But so far they have succeeded.

I think they've got Lupin on the back cover for Order of the Pheonix, and then I swear I've seen him on the chapter illustrations. I still think that Thewlis looked... Lupinish.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 01:44pm
Funky Platypus:
Dr. Cuddy:
Meski:
Dr. Cuddy:

I think they've got Lupin on the back cover for Order of the Pheonix, and then I swear I've seen him on the chapter illustrations. I still think that Thewlis looked... Lupinish.
I didnt really search for other Harry Potter book covers at that time. But I agree, Thewlis did look Lupinish Mr. Green The mustache was fine, even though I didn't expected it.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 02:40pm
Look:

From Left to Right:
Tonks, Lupin and Mad-Eye. Then behind those three is Sirius.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 03:12pm
Meski:
Look:

From Left to Right:
I have seen this one 0.0 But I never imagined Lupin like that. Hand
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 04:06pm
Dr. Cuddy:
Meski:
Look:

From Left to Right:
Dno
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 04:26pm
Meski:
Dr. Cuddy:
Meski:
Look:

[IMG]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j143/meski_photos/Back-OrderofthePhoenix.jpg

From Left to Right:
Dno
Meh, just ignore everything. Thewlis makes a hot Lupin, I'm satisfied. Coffee
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
April 14th, 2007 at 07:01pm
I thought that the Lupin in the movies look a little....I don't know.. off. I expected him shabbier, and with longer hair. i didn't mind the actor that played hiim in the movies, though. I really expected Sirius to look different, though.
Register