Are you afraid of the future?

AuthorMessage
VF Lover!
King For A Couple Of Days
VF Lover!
January 26th, 2006 at 04:09pm
The future of man kind, yes. My future (granted I live long enough and haven't been effected directly in any way), no.
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 26th, 2006 at 09:35pm
I'm interested in it, but afraid to see if it turns out bad. Like the way my life ends. I don't want to be shot. That's my biggest fear EVER!
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
January 27th, 2006 at 02:55pm
i will go out like i came in "kicking and screaming"
A New Wave Gospel
Idiot
A New Wave Gospel
January 28th, 2006 at 03:54pm
tre_cool_is_god:

My funeral is already sorted out financialy, i know what songs i want played and i know where i WILL be buried. And i have even made a will, i believe that its best to be ready because you never know where and when you'll die.

True, I nearly died about 5 months ago and I'm 15.
I'm not exactly scared of the future, I'm more scared of what it holds for me.
Baguelle
Baguelle
January 28th, 2006 at 03:56pm
Vader_Darth:
tre_cool_is_god:

My funeral is already sorted out financialy, i know what songs i want played and i know where i WILL be buried. And i have even made a will, i believe that its best to be ready because you never know where and when you'll die.

True, I nearly died about 5 months ago and I'm 15.
I'm not exactly scared of the future, I'm more scared of what it holds for me.
Yeah, that's a better way to put it.
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
January 28th, 2006 at 06:19pm
GreenDayislife:
paradoxical:
GreenDayislife:
im not afraid of the future. My rule in life is : always be pessimistic(sp?) that way when someting good happens it makes it seem that much better, but when something bad happens you dont mind as much because you were counting on it happening all along. thats how i live. you never let down that way.

Effective, I'll give you that. But having lived that way for a long time now, I must say that it is a terrible way to live. I finally learned to put some faith in people, and give good things a chance to happen. Yeah, I'm disappointed a lot. Sometimes devastatingly so. But I'm also at peace with myself.
Happiness is an emotion you literally radiate sometimes. It's contagious. When you give that to people, they give it back.
Seriously. I smiled and was polite to a couple Johovah's witnesses today. I didn't let them in my house. I didn't take their pamphlet. But they still walked away with smiles on their faces too.
Pessimism doesn't really get you anywhere in the long run.

just because i said i was pessimistic dosent mean im not happy. im happy because im pessimistic if that makes any sence at all. there have been a lot of times in my life where i was so sure something great was going to happen then when it didnt i was devistated and i blamed what happened on other people eventhough it was only partialy their fault.

and i do have some faith in people. alot of what im pessimistic about are little things like assuming im going to fail a test or that my team will loose our race, things like that.

basicly what im saying is in general i am a happy person. pesimism doesent make me angery or depressed. its just a psychological thing for me. i use mind sets to solve or get over my problems if you know what i mean.

I have to say I act the same. I try not to wait for something so if it dosen't happen, I'm not sad. But I try not to be too pessimist.
Rotten
Idiot
Rotten

Blog
January 28th, 2006 at 10:47pm
I'm more curious than anything. i realize that years back if i looked at myself today i wouldnt understand myself at all. all i know is that for me, a lot more oppurtunities/challenges will arise in my life, and at that time i just need to courage to take them. my philosophy though, is to deal with problems when they occur, and to not waste my time worrying until then
spam
Jackass
spam
January 29th, 2006 at 12:15pm
you cant worry about stuff like that, you have to get on with your life, if you look at it like that you just as well sit in your room doing fuck all.
Jersey
Jersey
January 30th, 2006 at 01:48pm
Yah sure.
-Iran has a new government
-Bird flu
-terrorism
-global warming,........ I could go on for hours
laughingonlyme
Idiot
laughingonlyme
January 30th, 2006 at 05:48pm
I'm afraid of certin things IN the future, but I'm not afraid of the future itself.

There are SO many things that are going/ that can happen. If I were to be afraid of it all, I would miss out on so many good things.

If you're saying, are you afraid of the future because you'll eventually die: I'm still not afraid of it. I know one day I'm going to die whether it be of extremely old age or some tragic accident that happens next week. You just never know what day is going to be your last.(assuming suicide isn't an option)

In a way, I look forward to the future because of what it holds and what can happen. I want to be able to look back and be able to say "Hey! Remember when this happened....? It was so fun/awesome/amazing." I want memories to look back on and to get those, I have to go into the future.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 20th, 2006 at 03:21pm
the futures coming, thats certain. we're all going to die, thats certain too. theres fuck all we can do about it, so we might as well enjoy it while we can. i think in the now, i live in the moment, half the time im not thinking much past lunch.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
June 20th, 2006 at 07:06pm
dirtyhippie:
"Life is its own terminal disease..."

Geez, everybody! Whatever happened to "Don't worry, be happy"? Don't be pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.
see, you've got the right idea!
though I prefer Sublime for optimism....and I'm sure this also has to do with you religion; or "lifestyle" choice as some call it
GD Addicts Anonymous
GD Addicts Anonymous
June 20th, 2006 at 11:36pm
I'm scared to a degree. Things are taking a pretty scary turn these days. But I don't sit around and worry about it. It's not like anyone can stop the future from happening anyway. You just have to take it day by day and enjoy the ride.
Nine_Inch_Nails
Nine_Inch_Nails
June 21st, 2006 at 06:07am
Yes and no.
I'm scared because I've no idea what might happen...but then again I'm not scared because I've no idea what might happen..does that make any sense at all?
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
June 21st, 2006 at 06:11am
I'm not sure...
But the man is going to be responsible if something horrid happens.
Especially another war.
I'm also somewhat scared that nature might turn against us.
clark
GSBitch
clark
June 21st, 2006 at 06:25am
I'm scared of losing loved ones, getting old and such.
The rest of it's fine. What do you get out of sitting around worrying about the future? Confused
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
July 6th, 2006 at 01:26pm
nope i'm affraid of the past.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 6th, 2006 at 02:44pm
Afraid of the future?! Of course not. Hehe, hehe. Rolling Eyes What a silly idea...

Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 6th, 2006 at 04:02pm
I would be; but how silly would that seem?.
Being afraid of something that might never happen is a terrible way to live, and the future is always approaching us but never goes away.
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
July 6th, 2006 at 04:14pm
spill_no_sick:
dirtyhippie:
"Life is its own terminal disease..."

Geez, everybody! Whatever happened to "Don't worry, be happy"? Don't be pessimistic. It wouldn't work anyway.
see, you've got the right idea!
though I prefer Sublime for optimism....and I'm sure this also has to do with you religion; or "lifestyle" choice as some call it

Which song were you thinking of? Not "Date Rape" certainly. Perhaps "What I Got". "Take a small example, take a tit-it-it-ip from me-ee/Take all of your money, give it all to charity..." Woot.
Register