What Should The New Green Day Album Be Called?

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 10th, 2006 at 05:31pm
How do we even know there will be a new album? WHat if they get in a big fight and poof! No more Green Day?

Dont count your turtles before they hatch...
stargazer93
Geek
stargazer93
July 10th, 2006 at 10:57pm
no more green day? NOOOOO!!!!!! actually im surprised the Bullet in a bible live cd didnt have anything idiot related for a title instead so their next cd will probably be named "poop-yer-pants" or something stupid like nimrod or dookie like its been for the past decade and more! or kerplunk... think about that! actually it very well could be an american idiot pt 2 of some sort...or they could choose a dif.style hopefully not but still!
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
July 10th, 2006 at 11:01pm
I don't know it could be called ANYTHING but I don't think it'll be stupid. Green Day have past their stupid album name days starting with Warning. It wont be something REALLY serious but won't be the fun names we all know and love.
Saxomaphonist
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Saxomaphonist
July 10th, 2006 at 11:03pm
I pray to god it's not American Idiot part 2... Or anything that sounds like it. And what's wrong with Nimrod, Dookie and Kerlunk? Personally I think tose albums are better named than 'American Idiot'...
Bittersweet World
Banned
Bittersweet World

Blog
July 10th, 2006 at 11:09pm
Hate, Dont appreciate:
I don't know it could be called ANYTHING but I don't think it'll be stupid. Green Day have past their stupid album name days starting with Warning. It wont be something REALLY serious but won't be the fun names we all know and love.

Dude. They're almost at their mid-30's. Of course they dont want childish names anymore. They're multi-award winning Grammy artists now. They have a lot to live up to according to the music buisness.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 10th, 2006 at 11:17pm
stargazer93:
no more green day? NOOOOO!!!!!! actually im surprised the Bullet in a bible live cd didnt have anything idiot related for a title instead so their next cd will probably be named "poop-yer-pants" or something stupid like nimrod or dookie like its been for the past decade and more! or kerplunk... think about that! actually it very well could be an american idiot pt 2 of some sort...or they could choose a dif.style hopefully not but still!

Bullet in a Bible went with the mock religious vibe, although that isnt exactly where the name came from. It was from the Imperial War museum thing. (and I said Mock, not sacreligious, so no one shoot me)
talaan
Idiot
talaan
July 10th, 2006 at 11:34pm
i dont have any idea what it'll be called. i'm just waiting for it. Hope that wont be stupid and sound like warning cd
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
July 11th, 2006 at 04:07am
No idea what it will be called, couldn't really be bothered to care as long as it's a good album.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 11th, 2006 at 07:43am
I'm sure it's not gonna have "Idiot" in it, so relax Cool LOL

I have no idea, it could be something like "Bullet in a Bible" .. that style maybe, it's the latest Dno

And I don't really care as long as the album is fab like always Retard
People will complain about it anyway I guess Rolling Eyes
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
July 11th, 2006 at 01:43pm
Viva La Stupid:
409 Coffeemaker:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
409 Coffeemaker:
My Friends call me Be now:
mikey1000:
How about just plain un-original green day? It's about time they have a self titled album Very Happy

I so hope they don't do that. o_o;

Not that it'd be unoriginal, but .. dno, it would take the fun out of the title stuff. Shocked

I actually think that would be a great idea.

They've made what is possibly the best record of their career, now its time to drop the punk stuff and just become one of the best rock bands of all time. The way to do that is to take your new style one step further and make it your own with a self-titled album.

Alot of people would despute you and Say American Idiot is the worst record they have ever made in their carrerr and maybe they should quit trying to be a big rockand roll band and do what they are good at and make punk rock.

But those people are idiots and don't know what they're talking about. Some of these kids should drop the "Green Day are punk" act right now. Because NO they're not 'punk' they're a kick arse rock band. They may have used to be a punk band, but they have evolved, without selling out, into something so much more awesome.

Anyone who says American Idiot is not a great record just doesn't know music when it bitchslaps them in the face.

people are intitled to their own opinions
some don't like AI deal with it
othes like yourself think its their best album yet

I think AI is punk its just pop punk rock but its still punk
You can take the man out of punk but you CANT take the punk out of man
once a punk band always a punk band unless never a punk band
yep i sound like a fool
the new album will probably be out in a year and a half
i cant wait
Lissie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Lissie!

Blog
July 11th, 2006 at 01:51pm
Have no idea about the name, but that's gonna be interesting.

I hope it's kind of Dookie/Insomniac style... or even older... Not a "inspired" album as Warning O.o It's good but I want the older back!
Stripey Socks
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Stripey Socks
July 11th, 2006 at 04:15pm
Have no idea about the name, but that's gonna be interesting.

I hope it's kind of Dookie/Insomniac style... or even older... Not a "inspired" album as Warning O.o It's good but I want the older back!

i totally agree!
their older stuff definately is best. I love Dookie and Insomniac but i prefer Kerplunk. i hope the new albums in that kind of style.
but whatever Green Day do its probably gonna be good Very Happy
threeam.
Geek
threeam.
July 11th, 2006 at 08:10pm
hmm. well hey, it's Green Day.. who knows what amazing thing can happen. Wink
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
July 12th, 2006 at 12:34am
Maybe AI was an experiment and they will go back to their old stuff. I doubt it though.
dramamine;
King For A Couple Of Days
dramamine;

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 12:35am
How about 'Self Titled'

Yeah, I'd like to hear some of their older style out there again. =]
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 12th, 2006 at 12:43am
This is about album titles, nothing else. I left a link to a thread where you can discuss American Idiot, quit doing it here. This thread isnt about American Idiot. I dont want to lock this for spam.
hahaurdead_9
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
hahaurdead_9
July 12th, 2006 at 01:09am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
409 Coffeemaker:
mikey1000:
How about just plain un-original green day? It's about time they have a self titled album Very Happy

Not that it'd be unoriginal, but .. dno, it would take the fun out of the title stuff. Shocked

They've made what is possibly the best record of their career, now its time to drop the punk stuff and just become one of the best rock bands of all time. The way to do that is to take your new style one step further and make it your own with a self-titled album.

Alot of people would despute you and Say American Idiot is the worst record they have ever made in their carrerr and maybe they should quit trying to be a big rockand roll band and do what they are good at and make punk rock.

personaly, but this is just me, i tink that sounds dum. they need to get a good title yes but change what teyve beend daoing for like 17 yeras! heck no! i doubt that'll happen. its just crazy. why screw upsomething as good as greenday by chnging from punk 2 plain rock? ick no
hahaurdead_9
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
hahaurdead_9
July 12th, 2006 at 01:13am
hahaurdead_9:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
409 Coffeemaker:
mikey1000:

personaly, but this is just me, i tink that sounds dum. they need to get a good title yes but change what teyve beend daoing for like 17 yeras! heck no! i doubt that'll happen. its just crazy. why screw upsomething as good as greenday by chnging from punk 2 plain rock? ick no
wait srry i dunno what im talking about. im completly out of it. but uh, ya, dont pay attention 2 what i said. every 1 has their own opinion but mine is , they need 2 do SOMETHING! just do what they wanna do. its their call not mine.
Dead End Girl
Addict
Dead End Girl
July 12th, 2006 at 01:14am
Jesus Christ Supermarket
hahaurdead_9
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
hahaurdead_9
July 12th, 2006 at 01:16am
what if they just decide 2 name it something like really random? like corndog r something? i dunno. but it'll probly b very, welll ya
Register