Theories

AuthorMessage
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 10th, 2007 at 03:18pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Yeah I know, but artists don't always listen to the description...like early Dumbledore, which was just completely wtf. And Harry with brown hair on Philosopher's Stone, again wtf.

Actually, Philosopher's Stone was a bit dire all round for artists not reading the description of what they're drawing.

I don't think it's like the artists don't listen xD Idk, you know if you look at different countries you will also find different Harrys sooooooooo ... wtf I don't know where I'm going with this
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 10th, 2007 at 03:28pm
No but on early copies of the philosophers stone, the dumbledore on the back had a short beard and short hair and they were brown, and it was definitely him, because in later versions they had a definite Dumbledore, who was wearing the same clothes.

So there are obviously going to be variations, but with some things it's blatantly obvious that they should be a certain way. Imagine if they drew a scar on Harry's head shaped like an axe, it's only a little thing, but there'd be uproar.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
June 10th, 2007 at 03:29pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Just because a book might not be big, there's no reason not to illustrate properly. I mean, things like hair colour are pretty simple things to get right, no?

I'm just saying it could be a thestral, cos they look similar. Personally I think it's a dragon too, but one doesn't like to assume.
Yeah, you're right.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 11th, 2007 at 07:33am
I don't think the Dragon on DH artwork is Norbert, 'cause he's huge, and Norbert is only like, 6 years old by now. Dragons live for a looong time, I'm not sure he would age that much. Plus, the dragon's eyes are all cateract-y and it has this sort of white hair, which makes me think it's quite old Think
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 11th, 2007 at 09:43am
Yeah but Norbert grew to twice his size in about a week, so in six years he could be big enough.

I'm gonna go have another look.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
June 12th, 2007 at 10:07am
aww i'd love norbert to eat Voldie Retard

I think he will be back in the book because JK has a way of making everythign fit, so when you re-read the first 6 look out for extra descriptions of funny feelings harry has, cause they'll play apart of the final more lthan likely.
Buddy Christ
Falling In Love With The Board
Buddy Christ

Blog
June 12th, 2007 at 10:14am
I liked to think that Harry battled Norbert as the dragon at the Triwizard cup. Even though it didn't happen. That'd be cool if it was Norbert.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 14th, 2007 at 12:13pm
Can someone change the title of this thread so people realise that they shouldn't make another thread for just one theory?
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 02:59pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Can someone change the title of this thread so people realise that they shouldn't make another thread for just one theory?
You're right.

Back on topic:

Do you really think that the creature on the DE cover is a dragon?

If it's a dragon, do you think it's Norbert?

I deffinately think it's Norbert
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 14th, 2007 at 03:10pm
Yeah I think it's Norbert.

I hope it is.

And I hope he remembers the three of them and makes some epic entrance, roasting a couple of DEs as he comes in.

Hahaha and I hope he does a poo on Voldie's head.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 03:13pm
The poo scene would be so funny, I would laugh my head of if it happened.

The epic entrance would be cool as well.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 14th, 2007 at 03:19pm
Yeah, like there's this big massive burst of flame, and then the smoke clears and there's Norbert, standing tall, looking aloof, and then he breathes on the DEs, and there's a massive cannibalistic BBQ.
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
June 15th, 2007 at 02:51am
I wish I was cool enough to make some good theories, but J.K. Rowling can be pretty unpredictable, so I'm just waiting patiently till next month to find out what happens... I can't wait.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 15th, 2007 at 07:48am
Well you only have to make your own judgement on what you think is going to happen, it's not an outstanding talent, it's just taking what you know and trying to draw a conclusion from it.

Or if you can't/don't want to do that, you can discuss other theories.

Believe me, it keeps you going while you wait.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 07:54am
Meski:
If it's a dragon, do you think it's Norbert?

I deffinately think it's Norbert

I totally think it isn't because the Dragon looks ancient.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 15th, 2007 at 07:59am
Norbert may have dabbled in class A drugs, which does age a person, so it would probably age a dragon too.

I mean, look at Keith RIchards, he's about what, 60-odd? He looks about 453 years old!
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 08:29am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Norbert may have dabbled in class A drugs, which does age a person, so it would probably age a dragon too.

I mean, look at Keith RIchards, he's about what, 60-odd? He looks about 453 years old!
We're talking about the cover right? The dragon on the cover? I never thought of it being Norbert Shocked
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 15th, 2007 at 08:36am
Yeah, cover dragon.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 08:45am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Yeah, cover dragon.
That was clever. I never thought of it being Norbert. It could be him.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
June 15th, 2007 at 10:44am
Yeah, it would be awesome if Norbert made a comeback.

She can't just introduce a dragon in the first book and then send him away, never to be seen again.
Register