Rap Music

AuthorMessage
Bletreme
Geek
Bletreme
June 12th, 2011 at 08:18pm
I really dont mind rap. I mean it IS music and im not going to badmouth any kind form or genre of music. I do enjoy eminem and rappers like that and i love rock. so yeah I dont hate it and I dont absolutly adore it like I do punk rock, and metal.
GeekStinkBreath21
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GeekStinkBreath21
September 1st, 2011 at 12:41pm
My friend introduced me to rap, and himself writes raps, they can have powerful social and political messages. All music can, even classical music, though you might not think it. Music is a method of communication and connection, totally cool!
yorkejodie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
yorkejodie
October 11th, 2011 at 03:46am
I have a friend who's into rap.
He's into writing his own words.
So yeah, I respect that.
Cool if you like rap.
Gerry
Addict
Gerry

Blog
December 3rd, 2011 at 10:46am
some rap is okay.
I like B.O.B's track with Hayley Williams, but most rap is bad.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
December 3rd, 2011 at 02:34pm
Can you elaborate your opinion? This is a debate after all.
Gerry
Addict
Gerry

Blog
December 3rd, 2011 at 04:38pm
It's not that rap is bad. It's just that rap is everywhere. It is also hard to avoid.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
December 5th, 2011 at 03:21am
Chipmunk!:
Can you elaborate your opinion? This is a debate after all.
Gerry
Addict
Gerry

Blog
December 5th, 2011 at 03:08pm
Also rap is on most radio stations these days. It blows my mind. Anyway as I said before rap is the most common type of music on this planet. I sometimes wonder what happened to other genres. Rap is everywhere. Very hard to avoid.
Anyway Rap is on MTV the most these days. It drives me crazy.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
December 5th, 2011 at 05:21pm
The same could be said about a lot of genres though. Why such a target on rap?
Gerry
Addict
Gerry

Blog
December 5th, 2011 at 05:23pm
I don't know, but I do know that rap is more common right now.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
December 5th, 2011 at 05:40pm
Actually, dance music and dubstep seem to be more in, mixed with a little bit of rap and rock. Atleast in the States and Australia.

Ithink dubstep is way more annoying, but thats not really part of the debate.
Goodbye
King For A Couple Of Days
Goodbye

Blog
December 6th, 2011 at 07:00pm
asteinberg:
Also rap is on most radio stations these days. It blows my mind. Anyway as I said before rap is the most common type of music on this planet. I sometimes wonder what happened to other genres. Rap is everywhere. Very hard to avoid.

I don't understand why some radio stations can just limit some rap music? No one wants to hear it all day long
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
December 6th, 2011 at 07:03pm
Master of Green Day:
asteinberg:

I don't understand why some radio stations can just limit some rap music? No one wants to hear it all day long
No one? Apparently some people do, radio stations generally only play whats in demand.
Goodbye
Goodbye

Blog
December 6th, 2011 at 07:13pm
I know, but there's other people who want to listen to hip/hop and pop and all that other stuff

In NY, they put rap, hip/hop and pop music on the same station. Technically, they overdo rap
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
December 6th, 2011 at 09:20pm
Radio stations play what people want to listen to. If the majority likes rap, hip-hop and pop standards, they will obviously play those styles to cater their audience.
If you don't like a radio that plays that all day long, change the dial to a station you like better or just turn it off.
St. Dude
St. Dude
December 6th, 2011 at 09:41pm
just do what i do. don't listen to the radio and listen to songs YOU want to hear on youtube or itunes or something
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
December 7th, 2011 at 12:54pm
I hate the radio. My parents' car has a radio and a cd-player but my sister broke the cd-player (Mad) so i only ever listen to this station that plays Oldies Shifty

I don't think the radio (in my area anyway) plays any hip hop, as i see hip hop. they mainly play pop-hip hop, if that makes sense - like it's nothing hardcore, not too many swear words (if any, since it's the day time) and just with some catchy beats. It's how people want to see hip hop. I honestly don't think many people who identifies themselves as a hardcore hip hop-person or rapper, will find the stuff that's being played on pop-radio-stations to be very true to the hip hop-environment they know/are a part of (if they are a part of it)
Goodbye
Goodbye

Blog
December 7th, 2011 at 03:29pm
I actually gave up listening to the radio station in fresman year. I listen to another radio station that actually plays Green Day and some of my favorite bands Mr. Green but here, they actually play rap with swear words O_O like sometimes it's really bad
MAD CUNT
Basket Case
MAD CUNT

Blog
December 7th, 2011 at 06:14pm
OMG NOT SWURR WURRDZ!!

Do you take offence to the swearing or just the rap?
Goodbye
Goodbye

Blog
December 8th, 2011 at 03:41pm
It's kinda towards the swearing... i'm not trying to make anyone say "Pfft, swear words are alright" but i just find them offensive, like the words are aimed at ME... but that's just my opinion
Register