AuthorMessage
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
May 17th, 2007 at 04:00pm
Skatanic.:
katie's not grey:
to be perfectly honest the album has yet to grow on me. i was kind of disappointed. Cheese

I'm terribly disappointed.
It's too boring and un-Linkin-Parky-esque.
"Given Up" is absolutely terrific, though.

That one's good. Especially the beginning with the jingling keys and hands clapping. I really like In Pieces too.
Bleed it Out, and even Hands Held High have TONS of potential but it seems like Mike can't rap as well as he used to.
One thing that bothered me a lot was that there's way too much repetition on most of the songs.
And all the political songs talking about Bush and everything...it really dates the album. A lot of it won't be relevant even two years from now.
And it seems like every other song is a ballad. It gets boring quickly.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
May 18th, 2007 at 07:31am
I actually really quite like the album. lmfao

But like others, I think Given Up is one of the best tracks.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
May 18th, 2007 at 09:35pm
So, here's what I think about the new LP CD. It's good......but it's not like the old LP. You know they remind me of Green Day with this CD. Everybody couldn't wait for the new LP CD(Green Day's new CD:AI), then when it came put the old LP fans were like this isn't like the old LP(Green Day's fan thought the same), LP is probably going to gain a lot of fans(like Green Day), and they started to get political(like Green Day).

I disappointed because it wasn't like the old LP......and they got political, which pissed me off. 4 out of the 12 songs are political and if you count the music video for "What I've Done" than it's 5. "Hand Held High" made me want to kick in my stereo! They have freedom of speech, so I can't say much about it. But what ever they have the right to their opinion, just like I have my opinion about the CD and politicals.

I liked the songs, they were great, just not the lyrics. I'm going to listen to all the songs when I listen to the CD, it will just make me mad. Kind of like Green Day. I like the songs "AI," "Holiday," "Minority," Favourite Son," and "Governator but they pissed me off. I still listen to them and sing them loud and proud. And that is what I'll do with these new LP songs.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
May 19th, 2007 at 03:09am
^ I really didn't like how LP got political either. And I don't usually mind political songs. I just don't think LP really pulled it off. They just talk about how the president and the war suck, and it doesn't get much deeper than that.
define_normal
Banned
define_normal

Blog
May 19th, 2007 at 03:22am
Everyone's corrupt
You should just shut up
Lay down, back off
The demon you disrupted

Don't wanna talk about politics
Refuse to talk about politics
Don't let me talk about politics
Don't give a shit about politics

-Korn
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
May 19th, 2007 at 02:11pm
No More Sorrow is really good. tehe
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
May 19th, 2007 at 02:32pm
katie's not grey:

That one's good. Especially the beginning with the jingling keys and hands clapping.

Offtopic.
I was peacefully walking along, listening to the intro of Given Up, and my friend ran up to me, his footsteps perfectly on time with the clapping.
I thought it was part of the song.
He jumped on my back and I screamed. Shifty
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
May 20th, 2007 at 01:00am
Skatanic.:
katie's not grey:

That one's good. Especially the beginning with the jingling keys and hands clapping.

Offtopic.
I was peacefully walking along, listening to the intro of Given Up, and my friend ran up to me, his footsteps perfectly on time with the clapping.

xD I could see myself doing that too.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
May 21st, 2007 at 02:56pm
The thing about the whole "political" side of the songs.. To me it comes across as they suddenly realised how much potential songs against Bush and whatnot have on how much their album sells so they decided to jump on the anti-Bush bandwagon.

It just seems a bit too late for all of that. Almost like they're running after the anti-Bush bandwagon shouting; "Wait for us!"

*Shrug*
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
May 22nd, 2007 at 12:48am
katie's not grey:
Skatanic.:
katie's not grey:

Offtopic.

xD I could see myself doing that too.

I kinda wacked him with my binder, too. Shifty I felt bad. lmfao
Franny.
Franny.
May 22nd, 2007 at 02:54am
Peardrops:
The thing about the whole "political" side of the songs.. To me it comes across as they suddenly realised how much potential songs against Bush and whatnot have on how much their album sells so they decided to jump on the anti-Bush bandwagon.

It just seems a bit too late for all of that. Almost like they're running after the anti-Bush bandwagon shouting; "Wait for us!"

*Shrug*

i didn't get the political side of their songs at all o_O they didn't advertise the album as politically-related at all so i don't agree on it selling because of the anti-bush bandwagon.

and my new favorite song is in between. it's slow but i love the lyrics =)
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
May 22nd, 2007 at 02:00pm
Just seen the video for What I've Done. Amazingly powerful. I love it.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
May 22nd, 2007 at 04:10pm
Peardrops:

*Shrug*

I know, I agree. Bush only has a year and a half left in office anyway. It just seems too late to be doing that kind of thing. A lot of other artists are still doing it, too. They all need to move on.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
May 22nd, 2007 at 04:18pm
katie's not grey:
Peardrops:

*Shrug*
I know, I agree. Bush only has a year and a half left in office anyway. It just seems too late to be doing that kind of thing. A lot of other artists are still doing it, too. They all need to move on.
But it's up to them what they make music about and what they believe.

And it's just the timing of the album as well.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
May 22nd, 2007 at 06:08pm
That Ska Kid.:
katie's not grey:
Peardrops:

*Shrug*

Well, yeah I completely agree. I wasn't saying that they shouldn't express their views, i'm just saying that it seems a bit overdone by now.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
May 22nd, 2007 at 09:32pm
Peardrops:
That Ska Kid.:
katie's not grey:
Peardrops:

*Shrug*

Well, yeah I completely agree. I wasn't saying that they shouldn't express their views, i'm just saying that it seems a bit overdone by now.

Yeah, I don't have a problem with them expressing what they believe, but it just seems a litle cliche now.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
May 23rd, 2007 at 05:42am
But how can it be a cliché if they're just expressing what they believe in? It just means it's a bit more popular now.
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
May 23rd, 2007 at 08:24am
I'm still sticking with the "overdone" thing.
I don't mind them wanting to express their beliefs, I just think there are a lot of other directions they could've gone in. I'm glad they've got the new album out, and i'm glad they're recording together again but personally I just feel like saying; "Yeah, okay. I get it. You don't like Bush."
CopperheaD
Geek
CopperheaD
May 25th, 2007 at 06:36am
Chester bennington is such a good live singer, i didn't expect him to be but he really is. I like the new songs but i think the lyrics are far too similar to hybrid theory and meteora...
Franny.
Franny.
May 25th, 2007 at 10:45am
justxlies:
Linkin Park sig Con

sweet =) hmm i would put one but i don't know which one...

i really enjoy the lyrics to this album. i don't think they're the same as the ones on previous albums, but i can see small resemblance because it's the same person writing them.
Register