i can see why people are/support veganism
one of my rolemodels is a vegan
i eat meat, i've consiered becoming a vegetarian/vegan

i'm against animal cruelty and jsut killing them for the hell of it
steady riot.
King For A Couple Of Days
steady riot.
October 9th, 2006 at 09:38pm
Animals are not ours to eat. What gives us the right to eat them, honestly?
I can understand why we had to eat them years and years ago, but that was then, this is now.

Back then we didn't have all of these alternatives. They're healthier than eating meat. And they're not cruel.

Meat has been linked to cause some cancers. Doesn't sound very appitizing to me.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
October 9th, 2006 at 11:20pm
Baby, I'm an Anarchist:
I can understand why we had to eat them years and years ago, but that was then, this is now.

Back then we didn't have all of these alternatives. They're healthier than eating meat. And they're not cruel.

Meat has been linked to cause some cancers. Doesn't sound very appitizing to me.

i don't think killing an animal for the purpose of eating and only eating is cruel
if your killing it because of some alternative reason (fur/leather/because you can)
that is what i think is wrong
Insurgentes
Post Whore
Insurgentes

Mibba
October 10th, 2006 at 01:59am
Baby, I'm an Anarchist:

Suppose animals could talk...Do you think animals would sit and discuss whether or not it's wrong to eat bugs or smaller animals?
No, it's just a food chain, and the food webs. That's how things roll. Some animals eat grass, some eat bugs, other bigger animals eat the smaller ones, and we eat the cows and stuff.

Animals aren't at the top of the food chain, we are. we eat what we need to survive, and bodies happen to need protein. Granted it can be found from other sources like peanuts etc. But then you've got the iron and all that you get from meat.
I'm not much of a meat eater myself, I'll admit that, but many are. And many would not give up meat just because people want animal cruelty anythings preventing them from eating meat. We've been eating it this long, what's changed? People. That's what.

What gives us the right to eat them? They're part of the food chain, just like they have the right to eat other animals, bugs, and plants, we have the right to eat things in the food chain too.
Who really is to say whether or not an animal has the same rights humans do?
They don't, they're not humans, they can't talk, they can't do half the stuff we do. Yes, they're living, yes they have feelings, we know this and almost all living things do. If you refused to eat ANYTHING living, you'd be dead. It has to be done since almost anything we consume was once something living.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 10th, 2006 at 08:28am
Oh please! We are naturally born omnivores, we're supposed to eat other animals. Rolling Eyes

Of course I respect you if you're a vegan, but don't going saying that animals aren't for us to eat, cause they are. And face it, we're for other animals to eat as well. And of course nobody likes to think of themselves as having to kill a chicken just to eat it, but other animals do too. I mean, a fox mauling a rabbit to death is just like my uncle taking a chicken to the chop, and that is actually quicker and less painful, I'd imagine. We are omnivores and we are supposed to eat animals as well as vegetation.

Don't be ridiculous though, of course humans have to eat other animals, and that is what we have them for.
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
October 11th, 2006 at 09:39am
actually we wouldn't have advanced so far if we didnt eat meat....i stilll dont though
Hilda the Hag
Geek
Hilda the Hag
October 12th, 2006 at 04:39pm
i think we're ment to eat meat,it's what we're built for.
but i do think alot of the ways they process it is wrong and unnessarily cruel.and i think they could take better care of the animals at and before they reach the slaghter houses.
the only animals i really object to eating is poultry (have you seen the cages???nasty) veal because of they way they treat them(babies locked up in small,lightless pens for 4 months,then death) and pork.i dont know why i can eat that,i just cant get it down.
but i've been a vegitarian for 6 years now(barring the occainsal meat) and i have less and less physical tolorance for it.which ,makes me want to rethink the "ment to eat meat" thing
amistad.
Addict
amistad.

Blog
October 12th, 2006 at 05:24pm
Everyone has their own view on this.

Some find it horrible to eat an animal, Some think it's the way it's meant to be.

There is no right answer. Everyone's opinions are going to be differant.
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
October 13th, 2006 at 09:29am
if people learned to agree to disagree, there would be no war for one thing
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 13th, 2006 at 06:59pm
Uncle Fester:

[offtopic]So you think if we agreed to Disagree with Hitler, WW2 wouldnt have happened, or shouldnt have? [/offtopic]
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
October 13th, 2006 at 08:13pm
ok you now what i meant
i was only talking about miss laurens post
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 13th, 2006 at 08:28pm
Uncle Fester:
ok you now what i meant
i was only talking about miss laurens post

No, I didnt know what you meant, I only knew what you said... and what you said doesnt even apply to her posts. Eh
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
October 13th, 2006 at 08:39pm
she said that: there is no right answer. Everyone's opinions are going to be differant.

i said that if we agreed to disagree then there would be no war and ikindof meant it to meant that it would never happen
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 14th, 2006 at 12:30pm
Uncle Fester:
There's a difference between disagreeing with an opinion and disagreeing with the truth though.
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
October 15th, 2006 at 08:28am
although alot of people disagree with the truth
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 15th, 2006 at 09:20am
Uncle Fester:
although alot of people disagree with the truth
Because they are blind to the fact.
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
October 15th, 2006 at 09:57am
but then sometimes it is good to belive in a false truth...i dont mean to offend anyone but look at religon...people belive in alot of religons, but they cant all be true
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 15th, 2006 at 10:03am
Uncle Fester:
but then sometimes it is good to belive in a false truth...i dont mean to offend anyone but look at religon...people belive in alot of religons, but they cant all be true
There is no truth in religion in general.

The difference between a lie and the truth isn't just that the article is different. It's different for a reason. Many native English or American speakers take it for granted. However, other people learning english fid it very hard to comprehend. It is simply because you have one truth. If you have two truths about the exact same thing they must be the same. A truth and a different truth will contradict each other while a lie, it can be a universe of possiblities. If one does not believe the truth, what he does believe, is a lie.

Anyway, this is off topic, but the general statment is that last bit.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 15th, 2006 at 10:10am
Anji:
Uncle Fester:
There's a difference between disagreeing with an opinion and disagreeing with the truth though.

Everyone believes in "the truth", problems occur with the different ideas of what the truth is. It would be narrow minded to assume all people think the same as you do.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 15th, 2006 at 10:14am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Anji:
Uncle Fester:

Everyone believes in "the truth", problems occur with the different ideas of what the truth is. It would be narrow minded to assume all people think the same as you do.
If there are different opinions of the truth though, then we don't know the truth, do we?
Register