Veganism/vegetarianism

AuthorMessage
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 12:24pm
Noise and Kisses:
Well, I respect people that are Vegens, but personally there's no way I could stop eating meat and stuff. Killing animals for food is a way of life, I just don't see how that's cruel.
A lot of animals are born just for that and that's their purpose.
A lot of you have seen pictures of me, and I'm not exactly the biggest of people.. If I stop eating a lot of foods I won't put any weight on at all, so that's another reason..
But yeah, I think it's cruel with the battery farms where they coop the animals up in dark places and they feed them so much that they can't move and stuff. So that's why I only eat free range food.
that's why I don't eat veil
r a c h a e l
Basket Case
r a c h a e l
May 27th, 2005 at 12:48pm
spill_no_sick:
Noise and Kisses:
Well, I respect people that are Vegens, but personally there's no way I could stop eating meat and stuff. Killing animals for food is a way of life, I just don't see how that's cruel.
A lot of animals are born just for that and that's their purpose.
A lot of you have seen pictures of me, and I'm not exactly the biggest of people.. If I stop eating a lot of foods I won't put any weight on at all, so that's another reason..
But yeah, I think it's cruel with the battery farms where they coop the animals up in dark places and they feed them so much that they can't move and stuff. So that's why I only eat free range food.
that's why I don't eat veil
I've never tried veil.
Lunchbox
King For A Couple Of Days
Lunchbox
May 27th, 2005 at 01:43pm
darkpsycho:
right im not a vegan.but to all the vegans out there drinking milk or eating cheese or eggs is not hurting the animals i understand about the eggs though.but any dairy products that come from cows i mean look its not like milking a cow is killing it.i mean a vegetarian i can understand but vegans?!tell me why you are a vegan so then can understand why no dairy products

First of all I'm not gonna try to change anybody. I don't eat cheese 'cause they have to ad some stuff to the milk that they take out of baby cows stomacs. They can take it from plants, but they do the cheaper thing. I don't drink milk because when a baby cow is born they steal the milk from it when it's old enough to be used for meet. And cows give milk when they are pregnant so they get them pregnant allmost all the time. People who had farms used to respect theyr cows a little bit, but when its an industry, they only care abouth profit and not the animals feelings and THAT'S WHAT BUGGS ME.
boytoy13
Geek
boytoy13
May 27th, 2005 at 03:36pm
I'm a vegan...I do it for animal rights and because it's healthy
Jenjenjen
Jenjenjen
May 27th, 2005 at 03:50pm
Eating animals is a part of the nature. I mean.. animals eat each other. Why can't we eat them?
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 27th, 2005 at 04:00pm
I eat meat...but I figure that should people eat what they want.

If you wanna be a vegan - be a vegan
If you wanna be vegetarian - be a vegetarian
If you wanna eat meat - eat meat

Simple.
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 27th, 2005 at 04:05pm
Gro:
Eating animals is a part of the nature. I mean.. animals eat each other. Why can't we eat them?

They hunt each other and kill for food. People treat them badly with no respect. And they don't even bother to let them have a nice childhood. (laugh if you want but I'm serious)
Jenjenjen
Jenjenjen
May 27th, 2005 at 04:08pm
Lunchbox:
Gro:

They hunt each other and kill for food. People treat them badly with no respect. And they don't even bother to let them have a nice childhood. (laugh if you want but I'm serious)

I don't laugh. But, we humans also kill for food. I ate meat for an hour ago. I don't like the mean people that is hurting animals either. But eating them.. that's nature.
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 27th, 2005 at 04:15pm
Gro:
Lunchbox:
Gro:

I don't laugh. But, we humans also kill for food. I ate meat for an hour ago. I don't like the mean people that is hurting animals either. But eating them.. that's nature.

I refuse to eat meet out of moral reasons. That's like if people who bought slaves said that's normal. I refuse to support the suffering. Yoa know the old saying: if you aren't a part of a solution, you are a part of a problem.
I think they should make laws about animals in the food industry and PUNISH the people that breake that law. But now, those animals suffer.
beecathat21
Idiot
beecathat21
May 27th, 2005 at 04:41pm
Recently i have been thinking about becoming a vegtrain because i've seen how the animals are treated, its really horriable
but iam a bit worried about what you should eat instead what do u guys do to suplement it?
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 27th, 2005 at 05:06pm
beecathat21:
Recently i have been thinking about becoming a vegtrain because i've seen how the animals are treated, its really horriable
but iam a bit worried about what you should eat instead what do u guys do to suplement it?

Mushrooms, soy, soy products
Asparagus
Idiot
Asparagus
May 28th, 2005 at 12:52am
I'm in PETA-People for the Eating of Tasty Animals. Smile
Astra Slappy
Astra Slappy
May 28th, 2005 at 02:08am
random_person:
So what do you think about being a vegan? Are you one? Share your thoughts here.

Personally i never was a vegan until i found really disturbing pics on the internet, and trust me,it is not a pretty sight actually its very disgusting and crude. So i will never eat meat again nor will i wear leather/fur or anything like that. I think that honestly its all up to you what you belive but it is truely a disturbing,and crude thing to do to any living thing.

Hello. I'm not a vegan but I am a vegetarian (so I do eat dairy products now and then), so I'll just explain why I am. When I was a teenager, we lived on a little farmlet and had chickens, a calf, sheep etc. And they became our pets, they had personalities, they were as much a part of our family as our dog was. So the thought of eating them became really repellent to me and I became a vegetarian when I was about 14. So did my mum and my sister. I was never a big meat eater anyway, I never liked the taste much (found it very stringy and salty tasting), so I never really found it a hard thing to give up. I've been a vegie ever since and a lot of people think I'm weird or some kind of new-age hippie but I don't care. It is an ethical choice and I personally think that eating an animal's flesh is no better than cannibalism. It's not necessary for human existence and I am living proof of that (I'm one of the vegetarians who has never had a problem with iron or protein deficiency because I eat well). So I'm happy Very Happy And that's all really. But I agree with you about the leather/fur thing. I only own one leather item, which is a handbag. It was given to me by my boyfriend when we first started going out and he didn't think about the whole vegetarian thing. It's the only reason I've kept it.
cherriesinslowmotion
Jackass
cherriesinslowmotion
May 28th, 2005 at 02:34am
I'm a vegetarian. Have been for 6 years and will be for the rest of my life.
Jenjenjen
Jenjenjen
May 28th, 2005 at 05:28am
Flaming Phalanges!:
I eat meat...but I figure that should people eat what they want.

If you wanna be a vegan - be a vegan
If you wanna be vegetarian - be a vegetarian
If you wanna eat meat - eat meat

Simple.

Yes, you are right. But it's fun to discuss, and maybe people can change their minds after having a talk?
Fely
Basket Case
Fely
May 28th, 2005 at 06:56am
i'm not a vegtarian but i hardly eat meat.i think if people want to be vegetarians or vegans let them be that way.
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 28th, 2005 at 09:24am
Astra Slappy:
random_person:
So what do you think about being a vegan? Are you one? Share your thoughts here.

Personally i never was a vegan until i found really disturbing pics on the internet, and trust me,it is not a pretty sight actually its very disgusting and crude. So i will never eat meat again nor will i wear leather/fur or anything like that. I think that honestly its all up to you what you belive but it is truely a disturbing,and crude thing to do to any living thing.

Hello. I'm not a vegan but I am a vegetarian (so I do eat dairy products now and then), so I'll just explain why I am. When I was a teenager, we lived on a little farmlet and had chickens, a calf, sheep etc. And they became our pets, they had personalities, they were as much a part of our family as our dog was. So the thought of eating them became really repellent to me and I became a vegetarian when I was about 14. So did my mum and my sister. I was never a big meat eater anyway, I never liked the taste much (found it very stringy and salty tasting), so I never really found it a hard thing to give up. I've been a vegie ever since and a lot of people think I'm weird or some kind of new-age hippie but I don't care. It is an ethical choice and I personally think that eating an animal's flesh is no better than cannibalism. It's not necessary for human existence and I am living proof of that (I'm one of the vegetarians who has never had a problem with iron or protein deficiency because I eat well). So I'm happy Very Happy And that's all really. But I agree with you about the leather/fur thing. I only own one leather item, which is a handbag. It was given to me by my boyfriend when we first started going out and he didn't think about the whole vegetarian thing. It's the only reason I've kept it.

I agree with you. And I respect you'r opinoin. I think it's cool. My relatives have a farme and they enjhoy killing theyr animals. They have fun while they do it. I don't talk to them no more.
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 28th, 2005 at 03:38pm
i'm a vegetarian, i'm not vegan. I don't know why but i've never been bothered about dairy products. I mean it's not like anything has suffered. If a cow was not meant to make milk why would they have been made with more than one stomach (like the one that makes milk)
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 28th, 2005 at 04:24pm
GreenFlySoup:
i'm a vegetarian, i'm not vegan. I don't know why but i've never been bothered about dairy products. I mean it's not like anything has suffered. If a cow was not meant to make milk why would they have been made with more than one stomach (like the one that makes milk)

Cows make milk for theyr babyes, people abuse them, especialy the industry cows, but some farmers have enough brain to respect theyr cows for that though
GreenFlySoup
Jackass
GreenFlySoup
May 28th, 2005 at 04:27pm
yeah i guess so, my bad still i stand by my reason for still having dairy products - it doesn't harm/inflict pain on anything
Register