Veganism/vegetarianism

AuthorMessage
Lunchbox
King For A Couple Of Days
Lunchbox
May 26th, 2005 at 08:15pm
minoritypossemember1:
thats a funny pic, but i always thought vegan was not eating any animal products, like milk or honey etc. So i thought i was vegetarian, because i dont eat meat. But i guess i use animal products. i dunno, you guys just confused me.

You are a vegetarian.
(the pic sayes: pork? Don't think so)
asphinctersayswhat
Idiot
asphinctersayswhat
May 26th, 2005 at 08:20pm
Lunchbox:
minoritypossemember1:
thats a funny pic, but i always thought vegan was not eating any animal products, like milk or honey etc. So i thought i was vegetarian, because i dont eat meat. But i guess i use animal products. i dunno, you guys just confused me.

You are a vegetarian.

so im not confused? Laughing
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 26th, 2005 at 08:27pm
minoritypossemember1:
Lunchbox:
minoritypossemember1:

You are a vegetarian.

so im not confused? Laughing

No, your not. Very Happy Any way, do me a favour and go to the Animal abuse topic and write your opinion. Donno why, but people don't seem to care about that. Confused
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 26th, 2005 at 08:40pm
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
May 26th, 2005 at 08:53pm
im not vegan cuz i drink milk and eat cheese but im part vegetarian lol. well im trying to become a vegetarian cuz i can live with or without meat...but i cant stop eating right away so im taking it slow. if i dont at meat, ill have more room for other foods Smile
Automatic man
Automatic man
May 26th, 2005 at 09:41pm
I do agree that animals are inhumainely killed but I'm not going to give up meet because of it...Yes, you will be healthier with meets and if you do eat too much you will get fat. Now don't laugh here its a proven fact...Scientists and paleontologists tell us that carnivores are smarter than herbivores because they must hunt for food and naturally develope better instincts...
whatsername_22
Geek
whatsername_22
May 26th, 2005 at 10:12pm
i have no problem with people who eat just veggies...im not one of those people and i agree that there should be a new way of killing animals but eating meat is a natural way of life so i dont know why people are offended by it
Queen of star wars nerds
Idiot
Queen of star wars nerds

Mibba
May 26th, 2005 at 10:40pm
im just neo vegitarian or whatever its called i only eat chicken not red meat going vegan would be hard in a family of mexicans who practicaly uses chicken or meat in everything they make
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
May 26th, 2005 at 10:51pm
I eat meat. Sure, I feel bad for animals every now and then. But it's part of the life cycle.
I wouldn't be able to live without meat, having lived with it my whole life. I'm not good at making myself do things.
Purple Rain
Purple Rain
May 26th, 2005 at 11:18pm
i think vegans can be a bit extreme at some times. its completely your choice on what you do, but if a cow has already died for the meat people eat, then leather is made, or the rest rots. i am vegetarian for my own reasons, but not vegan because its not important to me as far as dairy goes. if that made any sense at all lol. i dont know how to say it exactly.
Foamy
Jackass
Foamy
May 26th, 2005 at 11:32pm
I'm not a vegan, but I respect those of you who are. Seeing disturbing pictures would probably not phase me, (please don't post them) I've been eating meat too long. I tried once to become a vegan, I tried really hard, but I couldn't do it. I do feel bad when I eat meat, but it's just how life goes for me. When you're poor the way I am, you don't really have a choice what you eat, dear. I do not wear fur coats. I find skinning to be absolutely DISGUSTING. I wish PETA would give a good talking to this one guy at school who skins squirrels and cuts off and keeps their tails as trophies! Sad
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 27th, 2005 at 05:34am
Foamy:
I'm not a vegan, but I respect those of you who are. Seeing disturbing pictures would probably not phase me, (please don't post them) I've been eating meat too long. I tried once to become a vegan, I tried really hard, but I couldn't do it. I do feel bad when I eat meat, but it's just how life goes for me. When you're poor the way I am, you don't really have a choice what you eat, dear. I do not wear fur coats. I find skinning to be absolutely DISGUSTING. I wish PETA would give a good talking to this one guy at school who skins squirrels and cuts off and keeps their tails as trophies! Sad

Damn, that guy is sick!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Any way, I've been eating meet since I was a kid but I stoped. Don't make your self think about that you can't eat meet. Just stop thinking about it. Like me, it just hit me. Besides, I respect people that eat meet, but don't agree with other forms of cruelty towards animals.
HeatherElectric
HeatherElectric
May 27th, 2005 at 05:37am
right im not a vegan.but to all the vegans out there drinking milk or eating cheese or eggs is not hurting the animals i understand about the eggs though.but any dairy products that come from cows i mean look its not like milking a cow is killing it.i mean a vegetarian i can understand but vegans?!tell me why you are a vegan so then can understand why no dairy products
Comrade182
Comrade182
May 27th, 2005 at 05:41am
I'm not a vegan, far from it. Although I repect yo guys that are. I have seen images, videos of what happens to animals that are treated babdly. But that doesn't mean all animals are treated like that.

I also know how they are killed and that they are still alive when it happens. But In reality thats how lions hunt! Isn't it? I know we're not wild animals and that we're ment to be civilised but we are (most of the time) top of the food chain. We just found an easy alternative to hunting!

Anyway back to point. Veganism is fine with me, but I'd starve to death on that sort of diet (I hate veg!) Cool
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 27th, 2005 at 07:54am
im not a veggie or a vegan but my firend is. i disagree with animals being kept in bad conditions so they can be killed for food. but im a coeliac so i cant eat a lot of things as it is and i dont want to cut anything else out of my diet. people can do what they think is right for them, but it wouldnt be right for me
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 08:59am
I'm not going to lie...I love meat

"if there's any vegans here, do me a favor...don't try to 'convert' me. I didn't climb to the top of the food chain, to eat carrots. by the way, have you ever seen a healthy looking vegan? they're always sickly looking..." - Ron White

that pretty much sums up my feelings, (though carrots are my favorite food)
snowcherry
snowcherry
May 27th, 2005 at 10:49am
I´m a vegan, but mostly because I just can´t stand meat at all.
I´ve been one for 2 years now and I totally understand people who eat meat and I´d never try to convert them. That´s so disturbing and annoying.
I wouldn´t want that too.

But I really think that people shouldn´t kill animals for their clothes! That´s absolutely disgusting! Brrr! Mad
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
May 27th, 2005 at 11:08am
I would like to be a vegie, but I like meat to much.
Gillian
Gillian
May 27th, 2005 at 11:42am
I believe animals are here for a purpose and that purpose is for other animals to eat them. No one complains when an otter eats a fish, do they? So why should humans be any different? However, I am aware that many people do not think like this and I do not have a problem with that. I do, however, have a problem when they think that no one should be allowed to eat animals. Also, I think it's a bit strange to be vegan because how is miling a cow going to damage it? o__O Anyway...
r a c h a e l
Basket Case
r a c h a e l
May 27th, 2005 at 12:22pm
Well, I respect people that are Vegens, but personally there's no way I could stop eating meat and stuff. Killing animals for food is a way of life, I just don't see how that's cruel.
A lot of animals are born just for that and that's their purpose.
A lot of you have seen pictures of me, and I'm not exactly the biggest of people.. If I stop eating a lot of foods I won't put any weight on at all, so that's another reason..
But yeah, I think it's cruel with the battery farms where they coop the animals up in dark places and they feed them so much that they can't move and stuff. So that's why I only eat free range food.
Register