Souls

AuthorMessage
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
January 8th, 2007 at 10:09am
i believe in ghosts and i also think that they are souls of people, not nesscesary lost souls but souls who cant let go.
davey jones.
Falling In Love With The Board
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
January 8th, 2007 at 09:15pm
I believe everyone has something like it. Lemme steal my sig quote. 'Thought is real. Physical is the illusion.'

I don't think we're necessarily bodies alone. I think we're souls with temporary housing that keeps on earth for the short period of time we usually are. I sort of confuse mind with spirit sometimes though...unless it's the same thing.
Lovesick Melody.
Geek
Lovesick Melody.
February 2nd, 2007 at 03:59pm

I think that theres no such thing as poltergeists, I believe that there are spirits, and they can send a message to us, but they cannot hurt us. There is no such thing as a bad or good spirit either I believe, just spirits wanting to get a message across.
Souls.... Im not so sure about!
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
February 2nd, 2007 at 06:34pm
Im a giraffe Con
No, okay. I used to believe that i had a really old soul or spirit or something.
So if we believe in a kind of soul-reincarnation, and we have the same souls as those we had a million years ago... It wont add up. Because we are a lot more people than we were a million years ago. So what, then? Are the hypothetical souls we have ripped and torned souls from millions of years ago? Or, if we believe in soulmates and we find our soulmate, maybe they could have a babysoul, [Yes, im taking this seriously.] i dont know, and just go on. So, could our soul die? Because if we all meet our soulmate and they all mate and create a new soul, wouldnt there be way too many souls?
Do animals have souls or are we the only creatures hypothetically priveledged with a soul? And what is a soul? Is it like, your identity? Does it define you? When do we get our soul, when we are born? And what about the babies who die? Perhaps its because it was not blessed with a soul.

Okay, i know that wasnt really putting my opinion, but it made me think. Dno
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 2nd, 2007 at 06:55pm
I'm not sure if I believe in souls, to be honest. I never gave it much thought.

If a soul is something similar to one's identity, then I would believe in it strongly, but I'm not sure how souls are defined, other than something religious that goes to heaven after one dies.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
February 5th, 2007 at 12:37am
Walk In The Sun:
Im a giraffe Con
No, okay. I used to believe that i had a really old soul or spirit or something.
So if we believe in a kind of soul-reincarnation, and we have the same souls as those we had a million years ago... It wont add up. Because we are a lot more people than we were a million years ago. So what, then? Are the hypothetical souls we have ripped and torned souls from millions of years ago? Or, if we believe in soulmates and we find our soulmate, maybe they could have a babysoul, [Yes, im taking this seriously.] i dont know, and just go on. So, could our soul die? Because if we all meet our soulmate and they all mate and create a new soul, wouldnt there be way too many souls?
Do animals have souls or are we the only creatures hypothetically priveledged with a soul? And what is a soul? Is it like, your identity? Does it define you? When do we get our soul, when we are born? And what about the babies who die? Perhaps its because it was not blessed with a soul.

i believe in reincarnation, and all creatures have souls (except maybe insects). some species have died out so theres more in the 'pool' i spose you could call it, to go around. what you said about the 'baby souls' thing, its possible, but maybe it only happens when they need a new one or something.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
February 5th, 2007 at 01:00am
I believe that people have souls.
I'm quite certain household pets have souls, which would in turn mean all animals do.
I don't live in the wild, so I don't have any basis to really make that assumption.
It's just that my cat is good, he loves us and he understands us.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
February 5th, 2007 at 01:12am
i was going to sell my soul to the devil at that crossroad, but i realize it's very far from here, so i gave it to my friend.

so no, i don't really believe in having one since after giving my soul to my friend, i don't feel any different.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
February 5th, 2007 at 01:32pm
anti-christ of suburbia:
Walk In The Sun:
Im a giraffe Con

i believe in reincarnation, and all creatures have souls (except maybe insects). some species have died out so theres more in the 'pool' i spose you could call it, to go around. what you said about the 'baby souls' thing, its possible, but maybe it only happens when they need a new one or something.
But if all creatures have souls, why not insects?

I kind of think that souls are something religious. I dont know if im religious or not, although i tend to say im not. I guess im agnostic. I actually havent really thought about if i believe in souls or not.
Though, if there were souls, wouldnt it be easier that when you die, your soul dies, too? Or goes to Heaven. And thats when the whole ghost-thing comes. What if the soul cant go to Heaven or Hell? Then it will be a ghost, i think. God, i dont know xD This is a bit confusing.
mep
Geek
mep
February 6th, 2007 at 06:05pm
...Hello.

I believe that when you die, your soul is what goes on to exist.

Any further than that.. and it gets confusing.

Can anyone imagine not existing?

It's hard to decide what the soul is responsible for. Is it affected by the physical realm? Can our souls be tarnished? Is the soul a form of consciousness, which may then be able to rectify itself?
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
February 7th, 2007 at 05:17pm
mep:
...Hello.

I believe that when you die, your soul is what goes on to exist.

Any further than that.. and it gets confusing.

It's hard to decide what the soul is responsible for. Is it affected by the physical realm? Can our souls be tarnished? Is the soul a form of consciousness, which may then be able to rectify itself?
Maybe its just hot air inside your appendix.[/lamejoke] And then when you die and rot up, its released. Maybe its something, maybe it isnt. Dno
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
February 7th, 2007 at 05:18pm
Im here a lot o.O
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 7th, 2007 at 07:00pm
if there are such things ahs souls mine is dark!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 7th, 2007 at 07:41pm
mep:

Ah good point, Its hard to imagine no longer living. Therefore, people use things like this as a scapegoat to deal with it. I think its something to do with fearing death, almost a denial issue. "I wont really be dying, just living on differently". I think its quite silly.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 7th, 2007 at 10:58pm
I really wonder what a soul is.

I know it's defined, and I've thought a lot about it, but isn't a soul just a manifestation of oneself, basically making it your personality on a spiritual level?

I don't know if that made sense. Sad
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 9th, 2007 at 12:10pm
When ever someone I know has died, I want to believe in souls.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 9th, 2007 at 06:25pm
Anji:
Just as I'd like to believe in heaven.

It's all really based on your belief system.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
February 10th, 2007 at 10:43am
WeFoundTheDuck:
Anji:

Sometimes people base their belief system on the idea of whether or not there is an after life. I always think that when you're dead, you're dead. But, just like everyone else, I find it hard to let go of people. So after someone I know passes away, I always think of them as moving to another place. Somewhere better... *Thoughtful sigh.*
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 11th, 2007 at 05:18am
We wont really know anything for sure until we die.
I for one, can wait.
: D
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 12th, 2007 at 01:41am
Anji:
WeFoundTheDuck:
Anji:

Sometimes people base their belief system on the idea of whether or not there is an after life. I always think that when you're dead, you're dead. But, just like everyone else, I find it hard to let go of people. So after someone I know passes away, I always think of them as moving to another place. Somewhere better... *Thoughtful sigh.*
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I believe that there is some sort of Afterlife, the quality of which is based on your actions while you were alive.

So I guess by default I believe in souls?
Register