Marriage

AuthorMessage
dysLEXIa
King For A Couple Of Days
dysLEXIa
July 14th, 2005 at 06:20pm
swift2go:
i agree with avantidrummer. If you want to get married, go ahead but marrying the other person isn't going to make the other more inlove with you or even more faithful. But i think spillnosick went to far. I am christian and i dont think you have to marry the one you love in order to please God. And spillnosick doesn't have the right to call athiests stupid just because they they protest, maybe it is a good reason to them, plus, you dont have the right to judge anyone, only God can judge. Or in athiests ways, who cares what you think about me.

Agreed. See, I agree with alot of you here. You don't need a peice of paper to prove your love to anyone. If a teenager is dating and they love that person, you can't say they don't love them just because they dont' ahve a "dating certificate" or somethign. some people think that it will mend the relationship, but I dont' know about that.
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
July 15th, 2005 at 03:32pm
I never used to want to get married when I was a little kid, but now I really wanna get married young? Like age 19-20 or something like that. I don't know why?
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 2nd, 2005 at 11:34pm
I agree.
<3Romance<3
Jackass
<3Romance<3
September 3rd, 2005 at 07:54am
I don't want to get married. And I've got my reasons for that:

1. Seeing all the married couples divorce. It's a whole shitload of paperwork that you need to do before you get married and also running from one place to another to get everything arranged. But the shitload of paperwork gets even bigger when you get a divorce. These days, when you're married for 20 years, it's a fucking record!

2. Like said before, it's just a silly paper you need to sign and it's not like you're gonna love your partner more after you signed that piece of paper. I can tell my boyfriend I love him till death do us part without a priest and/or a mayor in front of me. And I know I'll always love him, and he knows that too. There's no need for someone to write down when I say to my boyfriend that I will love him every day starting from that moment. I also think it's kind of hypocrite, cause when you get married you promise to stick with eachother in good and bad times, in sadness and happiness, till death do you part and all the other crap. And when it finally comes to the point of an arguement or an unsolvable fight, people get a divorce. While they've promised in front of all of their family and friends to stick together for life!!

3. The clothes you wear at a wedding.. I mean, the weddingdress and the tux. The dress is only meant for wearing it once in your life. And what happens to it afer the wedding? It lands in your wardrobe and it never comes out again. Or yes, it maybe does, when your kids are playing that they are gonna get married. The weird thing about the whole marrying situation is that I do like to look at wedding dresses. I just think they are so beautiful, too beautiful to land in a wardrobe and to never come out again.

This with all do respect for people who still want to get married, off course.
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 3rd, 2005 at 09:03pm
E.:
I don't want to get married. And I've got my reasons for that:

1. Seeing all the married couples divorce. It's a whole shitload of paperwork that you need to do before you get married and also running from one place to another to get everything arranged. But the shitload of paperwork gets even bigger when you get a divorce. These days, when you're married for 20 years, it's a fucking record!

2. Like said before, it's just a silly paper you need to sign and it's not like you're gonna love your partner more after you signed that piece of paper. I can tell my boyfriend I love him till death do us part without a priest and/or a mayor in front of me. And I know I'll always love him, and he knows that too. There's no need for someone to write down when I say to my boyfriend that I will love him every day starting from that moment. I also think it's kind of hypocrite, cause when you get married you promise to stick with eachother in good and bad times, in sadness and happiness, till death do you part and all the other crap. And when it finally comes to the point of an arguement or an unsolvable fight, people get a divorce. While they've promised in front of all of their family and friends to stick together for life!!

3. The clothes you wear at a wedding.. I mean, the weddingdress and the tux. The dress is only meant for wearing it once in your life. And what happens to it afer the wedding? It lands in your wardrobe and it never comes out again. Or yes, it maybe does, when your kids are playing that they are gonna get married. The weird thing about the whole marrying situation is that I do like to look at wedding dresses. I just think they are so beautiful, too beautiful to land in a wardrobe and to never come out again.

This with all do respect for people who still want to get married, off course.
I agree with that too. It's giving me second thoughts now about this crap.
Ilse
Ilse
September 3rd, 2005 at 10:23pm
Correct me if I'm wrong but the vows say:
"Until death do us part"

But yet, people change husbands and wives like they change their underware.
Baguelle
Baguelle
September 4th, 2005 at 03:29am
September_has_Ended:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the vows say:
"Until death do us part"

But yet, people change husbands and wives like they change their underware.
Yeah, it's sad.
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
September 4th, 2005 at 05:49am
Avantidrummer:
I don't believe in marriage, if you love someone you don't need a piece of paper to say it? It's like a security thing. I also believe that you can think your meant to be with someone at the time, love them more than anything but you never know how things will turn out. People change, I don't believe your neccesarily meant to spend your life with just one person.

By signing that bit of paper, all your doing is making things difficult for yourself if you do break up and basically signing an agreement with the law. It doesnt change how much you love someone.

Then you get people getting married to 'mend the cracks' in their relationship. Bad idea "*grits teeth* I'm happy, really I am!!"

i somewhat agree with you on that, i don't think that you need a piece of paper to say i love you.. i think thats just bullshit
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
September 4th, 2005 at 05:57am
don't believe in it. i just want to reproduce young and be a hip mom! Very Happy
Rockadelick
Idiot
Rockadelick
September 4th, 2005 at 05:58am
I agree with marriage for the right reasons. It doesnt mean your using a piece of paper to say I love you. why can't two people just celebrate their feelings and dedicate a day to themselves? and it's proof of dedication to God for a lot of people too. I agree that divorce is far too easily done these days but at the end of the day, it's not marriage thats the problem. its the people too weak to admit it can't last yet still go ahead and do it anyway
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
September 4th, 2005 at 08:06am
I agree with marriage. It shows how much you love someone and want to be with them for the rest of your life.

But then again, once you get married, your Martial Status changes, women are known as "Mrs.." and almost everything changes. Confused

Hmm...
I.Heart.Panic.
I.Heart.Panic.
September 5th, 2005 at 12:42pm
Marriage is something for two people who love each other very very much, I think rushing into it is a BIG MISTAKE.
killing loneliness
Idiot
killing loneliness
September 5th, 2005 at 03:57pm
maybe someone has sayd this already but marriage was "invented" to produce kids...hehe...well...it was like this for centuries...n it wasn't love in those days...(i like history)...well...in india girls have to marry at the age of 10-15...(poor gals)...n so on...well...it has been like this for...like i sayd. centuries...n lets say...it kinda,.."changed"...sio that ppl who were realy in love could kinda get married...that was um. ..19'th century?....i think so...but i kinda think that one doesn't need a fuckin paper to say "we love eachiother, we're married"...i'd just live together with he guy i love...but i have nothin against marriage...don'ät realy mind...if he would like marriage...fine with me...hehe...well...um..i guess this was all i wanted to say....sry if i got off the topic
Dimebag Dan \m/
Geek
Dimebag Dan \m/
September 5th, 2005 at 04:03pm
I would love to get married,Im a guy so u might see it a different way than i do but i feel that If i love someone i want spend the rest off my life with someone and i want them to be known as my wife it ounds better and t feels better.
HitchinAride
Geek
HitchinAride
September 7th, 2005 at 04:02am
Marriage is a dying tradition. The only way i'll ever do it is if it involves getting on a plane, flying to Las Vegas, getting really drunk before getting married at a little chapel thingie by Elvis, and then going and drinking more. Not every girls dream wedding but it's certaintly mine! That'd be so much fun!
*silver stars*
Geek
*silver stars*
October 19th, 2005 at 07:22am
Marriage is good but you have to make sure you love the person first. Its not just about the day and the dress and stuff, its a commitment like a tattoo its not easy to get rid of.
Sharonneke
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Sharonneke
October 19th, 2005 at 11:24am
Marriage... I believe in it. I think it's a stronger connection between two persons... Just like a child... I think it's something special because it's a way to show that you really love someone and want to spent the rest of you life with him/her. But in some cases it goes wrong... But that can happen.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 19th, 2005 at 04:41pm
Speechless&Redundant:
I believe in Marriage just for the simple fact that by signing that legal paper you are tellign the person I love you so much I want to spend the rest of my life with you without an easy way out...I am however an athiest and do not want a wedding in a church i want one on the beach lol but yeah i will most likely have one in a church because the guy I hope I will get married to is a christian...oh well, long time from now
there is an easy way out, called divorce
Kitti
Kitti
October 19th, 2005 at 04:54pm
marriage is the #1 cause of divorce.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 19th, 2005 at 05:01pm
paradoxical:
marriage is the #1 cause of divorce.