Marriage

AuthorMessage
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
October 19th, 2005 at 05:30pm
If it makes some people feel that they love each other more/make their relationship stronger, then it's fine, but it's definitely not necessary (that's why these gay-marriage-defenders are a bit silly: you don't need a marriage to love someone, and loving's not forbidden). But divorce isn't necessarily a bad thing, and some rings and a piece of paper don't make it mentally any more difficult than any divorcing in general.

I hate those 'You should get married, you have kids' 'You've been so long together, you should get married'-sayings. Though there's some benefits about marriage, law-things and such.

I think marriage shouldn't been taken so seriously as it's taken now.
Speechless&Redundant
Geek
Speechless&Redundant
October 19th, 2005 at 05:59pm
well I think that if you are planning on being with someone the rest of your life and stuff then it just kinda makes it easier to get married...like not only because of the I live you blah blah blah thing, like for insurance, you can get your spouse on your works insurance coverage which makes things cheaper...and you can get certain tax deductions and junk...and also if you have kids you have the ame last name, its less confusing to the kid...and ther are lots of other legal stuff that makes marriage seem just easier to do rather than living together

Im not saying that should be the reason to get married, im just saying that if you are going to be with someone forever because you love them, then that just kinda makes some things less difficult
fight fair?
Geek
fight fair?
October 21st, 2005 at 12:01pm
Good Reasons...But I Still Don't Believe In It...Why Get MArried And Than Divorce...And Even If It s So Perfect...It All Ends Someday...
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
October 21st, 2005 at 12:06pm
spill_no_sick:
paradoxical:
marriage is the #1 cause of divorce.
lmfao
did you just make that up?
it's fucking brilliant!!

nah...i dont remember where i heard it, but its definitely true...lol
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 21st, 2005 at 02:52pm
^Thats a very good point actually. If nobody got married, there would be no divorce.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
October 21st, 2005 at 05:15pm
bloodraine:
^Thats a very good point actually. If nobody got married, there would be no divorce.

That's totally true...hmmmm, I used to think marriage was a waste of time and well...a whole load of bollocks. But at that time, I was stupid and I take back everything I said. I think I've matured since I started listening to Green Day...hmmm, anyway...I don't know if marriage is a good idea or not. But I wouldn't mind getting married when I'm older if I really love the guy that I'm marrying. I'd probably like to feel committed...eugh...I hate commitment though...but I'll probably change my mind when I meet that guy. I'd like to design my own dress at my wedding...I love designing stuff Very Happy which is actually one of the reasons why I wanna get married. Stupid...I know. And I want to walk down the aisle...my friend and I practised and we both ended up saying," Ah, fuckit..." and started doing our stupid march.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 21st, 2005 at 10:27pm
boytoy13:
I don't know if this is a duplicate thread or not (sorry if it is). What do you think about marriage? I used to not believe in it, but now I do. I think that it is important because it teaches you how to unconditionally love and get along with someone. If you can negotiate with your husband or wife then you can get along with others. *don't kick the shit out of me over this thread*

my stepdad and my mom arent married. but theyve been together for like 10 years.

and im still very happy despite my odd family situation lol.

marriage is something material. love is much more important. i mean obviously im gonna get married and stuff but im more worried about falling in love than getting married.
Spirit Of '77
Falling In Love With The Board
Spirit Of '77
October 21st, 2005 at 10:38pm
*Blue Star*:
bloodraine:

That's totally true...hmmmm, I used to think marriage was a waste of time and well...a whole load of bollocks. But at that time, I was stupid and I take back everything I said. I think I've matured since I started listening to Green Day...hmmm, anyway...I don't know if marriage is a good idea or not. But I wouldn't mind getting married when I'm older if I really love the guy that I'm marrying. I'd probably like to feel committed...eugh...I hate commitment though...but I'll probably change my mind when I meet that guy. I'd like to design my own dress at my wedding...I love designing stuff Very Happy which is actually one of the reasons why I wanna get married. Stupid...I know. And I want to walk down the aisle...my friend and I practised and we both ended up saying," Ah, fuckit..." and started doing our stupid march.

i used to think the same thing about marriage. and i still think parts of it are stupid and pointless and just a stupid ritual humans go through. but i would marry nathan. i always said i would never get married because it'd be easier to get rid of the person when i got sick of them, but now that i've met nathan my views on that part have changed, because i know i would never be able to live without him even if for any reason he pissed me off (which he never has) or anything like that.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 21st, 2005 at 10:42pm
my parents marriage didnt work and now i dont treat marriage as something i fucking worship beyond everything and my ultimate goal in life is to get married.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
October 22nd, 2005 at 03:38am
pfft. my own sex cannot even handle me as a friend. how will any guy ever want to say 'for the rest of my life' to me?
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 22nd, 2005 at 03:10pm
FM Doll:
pfft. my own sex cannot even handle me as a friend. how will any guy ever want to say 'for the rest of my life' to me?

Same with me, actually. My owns friends think I'm a freak and sometimes wants to get away from me. But...life is random for me...so...there might be that special guy. There might not. For now, I don't care...I'm not desperate. But I think I'll probably end up getting married because most people do.
October
Geek
October
October 22nd, 2005 at 03:17pm
I've made a life decision to never get married.
I'm a total freak when it comes to "Commitment", I just can't do it.
And waking up to the SAME woman for the rest of your life??
And then she'd probably be following me around in the afterlife...which is eternity.

Personally, I keep myself distant from anyone and everyone. A wife would just be too close.
But sure, I guess I could live with my girlfriend, or have kids with my girlfriend.
Like someone said before, if there was no marrige, there wouldn't be divorce!
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 22nd, 2005 at 03:20pm
October:
And then she'd probably be following me around in the afterlife...which is eternity.

Personally, I keep myself distant from anyone and everyone. A wife would just be too close.
But sure, I guess I could live with my girlfriend, or have kids with my girlfriend.

Doesn't your...like...god, I don't know how to explain this. So..if you wouldn't mind having kids with your girlfriend...then doesn't that mean..you're close to her? So like..she kind of acts like your wife...you don't have to be married to be commited...oh god, I think I'm confuzzling myself. Oh my god...I don't even know if I'm confuzzled. Stupid brain, shut up, shutup.
October
Geek
October
October 22nd, 2005 at 03:22pm
*Blue Star*:
October:

Doesn't your...like...god, I don't know how to explain this. So..if you wouldn't mind having kids with your girlfriend...then doesn't that mean..you're close to her? So like..she kind of acts like your wife...you don't have to be married to be commited...oh god, I think I'm confuzzling myself. Oh my god...I don't even know if I'm confuzzled. Stupid brain, shut up, shutup.

S'alright, I get what you mean.
I really want a son you know? So yeah, I'd have my girlfriend act as my wife, and no, we won't be so commited.

If there's anything I've learned about love, is that it will always end, and it is inevitable that someone will get hurt.
So why do it?
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 22nd, 2005 at 04:09pm
October:
*Blue Star*:
October:

I really want a son you know? So yeah, I'd have my girlfriend act as my wife, and no, we won't be so commited.

If there's anything I've learned about love, is that it will always end, and it is inevitable that someone will get hurt.
So why do it?

Not if you both die at the same time...like...in a car crash.
October
Geek
October
October 22nd, 2005 at 04:19pm
*Blue Star*:
October:
*Blue Star*:
October:

So why do it?

If we both died in a car accident...we would probably get hurt.
I don't understand what you're talking about
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 22nd, 2005 at 04:24pm
October:
*Blue Star*:
October:
*Blue Star*:
October:

So why do it?

You see...if you both died in a car accident...and you loved each other and then suddenly...you're gone...well..your love didn't end and no-one really got hurt because...if it was a really bad car crash, you could have died almost instantly. Grrrrr....am I making sense? Crap..I'm not, am I? Stupid crappy brain...DIIIE.
October
Geek
October
October 22nd, 2005 at 04:28pm
*Blue Star*:
October:
*Blue Star*:
October:
*Blue Star*:
October:

So why do it?

You see...if you both died in a car accident...and you loved each other and then suddenly...you're gone...well..your love didn't end and no-one really got hurt because...if it was a really bad car crash, you could have died almost instantly. Grrrrr....am I making sense? Crap..I'm not, am I? Stupid crappy brain...DIIIE.

No, sorry, I don't understand at all.
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 22nd, 2005 at 04:30pm
Marriage is not a religious thing really...I mean, to some people it is, but it's more like you get one last name for both of you, buy a car together, get a joined account, blah-blah-blah...it's more like you get married because it's easier for you to legally do things together than if you were just partners.
They often say "other half" about your spouse, although it is not necessarily so...
I think when you find your actual other half, it doesn't matter whether you are married or not, you're still gonna be together and keep faithful (if you can). Marriage is more like a legalization of your togetherness... But I do wear a wedding ring to show that I'm taken and devoted to someone.
It's sort of like getting a degree...you can say "I'm a musician, and I have a paper to prove it", but the paper doesn't make you a better musician really. Nor does the marriage sertificate make you a better partner...

October
October 22nd, 2005 at 04:33pm
[quote="Faith"] Marriage is not a religious thing really...I mean, to some people it is, but it's more like you get one last name for both of you, buy a car together, get a joined account, blah-blah-blah...it's more like you get married because it's easier for you to legally do things together than if you were just partners.
They often say "other half" about your spouse, although it is not necessarily so...
I think when you find your actual other half, it doesn't matter whether you are married or not, you're still gonna be together and keep faithful (if you can). Marriage is more like a legalization of your togetherness... But I do wear a wedding ring to show that I'm taken and devoted to someone.
It's sort of like getting a degree...you can say "I'm a musician, and I have a paper to prove it", but the paper doesn't make you a better musician really. Nor does the marriage sertificate make you a better partner...

wow, that's a really good way to put it.
Register