Marriage

AuthorMessage
dirtyhippie
Geek
dirtyhippie
November 12th, 2005 at 09:19pm
I dunno, I really can't say I care about premarital sex. Maybe I'll wait, maybe not...it all depends on what happens between now and when I get married!
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 18th, 2006 at 11:09am
dirtyhippie:
I dunno, I really can't say I care about premarital sex. Maybe I'll wait, maybe not...it all depends on what happens between now and when I get married!

hey theres nothing wrong with trying before buying!!! Laughing
ren
Idiot
ren
April 18th, 2006 at 11:51am
im slightly jaded on this topic, being that im a lesbian, but i think that marriage is overrated. I think that you dont need a piece of paper or huge ceremony acknowledging that i love and want to spend the rest of my life with this person. I think it can be a great thing to show your love but its not necessary.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
April 18th, 2006 at 12:12pm
It all depends on the people. I was just talking to my mother about it yesterday. Not all people find marriage as completing and fullfilling as others.
I don't object marriage, it's supposed to be a beautiful thing, but I've never really thought about MY big day because I'm still not completely sure about my sexuality.

But yeah, an 80s themed wedding would rock. Shifty
kfk8e
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kfk8e
April 18th, 2006 at 07:20pm
If I was in love with someone who wanted a marriage, but I didn't, then I would get married.
If I wanted a marriage, but was in love with someone who didn't, then I wouldn't get married.

If you truly love someone then you should put their needs/wants before yours, so I think whether you get married and get "proof" of your love, or not, depends on the situation you're in.

But yeah, I'm not Christian, so a typical marriage in a Church would be out of the question anyway.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 7th, 2006 at 08:17pm
I won't get married.

But I think that when people do get married they should seriously think about it because one chance out of two you'll be getting divorced.

And I don't think that anyone not old enough to legally drink should get married and I also don't believe that a woman getting pregnant should be your reason for popping the question.
(Sic)
Idiot
(Sic)
May 7th, 2006 at 08:34pm
Do you really need a piece of paper and $5,000+ to tell you that you love eachother?

No. That's why I'm not going to get married. Getting a divorce is usually more expensive.

Bull.
to_me_its_nothing
Geek
to_me_its_nothing
May 8th, 2006 at 12:49am
zoemo:
i think that arranged marriages last longer

isn't the point of marriage to confirm your love for your partner?
some arranged marriages are forced, how would someone's marriage last if the person wasn't in love?
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 8th, 2006 at 06:13am
(Sic):
Do you really need a piece of paper and $5,000+ to tell you that you love eachother?

No. That's why I'm not going to get married. Getting a divorce is usually more expensive.

Bull.

nope my wedding cost me a lot less than that.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
May 8th, 2006 at 12:59pm
Magne:

hey theres nothing wrong with trying before buying!!! Laughing

Haha. So true. Cool
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 03:44pm
boytoy13:
I don't know if this is a duplicate thread or not (sorry if it is). What do you think about marriage? I used to not believe in it, but now I do. I think that it is important because it teaches you how to unconditionally love and get along with someone. If you can negotiate with your husband or wife then you can get along with others. *don't kick the shit out of me over this thread*

Can't you negotiate with another, cooperate, and show unconditional love, without marriage?

I believe the act of marriage is insignificant, but if my significant other wished to do it I wouldn't reject it simply because I don't see the point of the idea.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 03:48pm
(Sic):

I believe it is the motives and symbolic significance of the act that people do it, not for the official documents.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 8th, 2006 at 05:00pm
DistortedMorality:
(Sic):

I believe it is the motives and symbolic significance of the act that people do it, not for the official documents.
I agree with that, it should be about that. But sadly it's losing it's value among many people and is becoming just a piece of paper.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 8th, 2006 at 05:17pm
marraige is an insitution but so is a mental home.
Resistance
Geek
Resistance
May 8th, 2006 at 05:34pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
DistortedMorality:
(Sic):

I agree with that, it should be about that. But sadly it's losing it's value among many people and is becoming just a piece of paper.

Hm... marriage succes and loss of marriage's value was common in the decline of the Roman Empire... Think
Cinder24
Geek
Cinder24
May 21st, 2006 at 04:46pm
I have mixed views about marriage. On one hand, I think it is good because it concretes a relationship. It is a symbol of complete and utter commitment. I think people are more inclined to try to make a relationship really work if they are married. On the other hand, relationships can sometimes be better when not married. And with our increase in divorce rates, it seems as though the entire institiution of marriage doesn't mean as much, so what is the point?

What I disagree with most about marriage thouh is the wedding. I think people who spen their lives waiting to be proposed to and then their lives savings on the actually wedding are absolutely ridiculous! Marriage should be about years spent together, not one day spending money!

I think marriage is sort of like having kids- there is really n point in it, it costs heaps of money, deep down we dont really need it or even want it, but it is just natural for it to happen. It is built in to us to reproduce, and I think it is also built into us to get married as a part of that. I think biologically we are programmed to choose a life partner and stick with it forever, like birds.
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 21st, 2006 at 09:04pm
I believe in marriage. I agree with what spill_no_sick said earlier, that it's a religious and sacred thing. It's not something to be taken lightly.
Matty.
Matty.
May 22nd, 2006 at 09:51am
I think its important, it creates a good envirnment for the children
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
May 22nd, 2006 at 04:50pm
in a way i find it stupid , to me its jaut a piece of paper delcaring your a couple on the other hand it creates a solid relationship
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
May 23rd, 2006 at 10:58am
being married just cements the way you BOTH fell about each other, and it creates a stable relatonship for children,
Register