Marriage

AuthorMessage
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 22nd, 2005 at 04:50pm
October:

wow, that's a really good way to put it.

Thank You, I'll be here all week, don't forget to tip the waitress.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
October 22nd, 2005 at 04:52pm
Faith:
Marriage is not a religious thing really...I mean, to some people it is, but it's more like you get one last name for both of you, buy a car together, get a joined account, blah-blah-blah...it's more like you get married because it's easier for you to legally do things together than if you were just partners.
They often say "other half" about your spouse, although it is not necessarily so...
I think when you find your actual other half, it doesn't matter whether you are married or not, you're still gonna be together and keep faithful (if you can). Marriage is more like a legalization of your togetherness... But I do wear a wedding ring to show that I'm taken and devoted to someone.
It's sort of like getting a degree...you can say "I'm a musician, and I have a paper to prove it", but the paper doesn't make you a better musician really. Nor does the marriage sertificate make you a better partner...

*gives you a cookie* You are so good at explaining things...
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 22nd, 2005 at 04:56pm
*Blue Star*:

*gives you a cookie* You are so good at explaining things...

Wow, I love this board, people are feeding me here. It's the third time in my life that I've earned something using my brain.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 22nd, 2005 at 05:06pm
Lucky you! My brain spins off in different directions...I don't usually know what i'm on about.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
October 22nd, 2005 at 05:09pm
i agree with marrige, i mean you can do anything these days. it doesnt have to be religious or anything. you dont even have to get married it's just i feel if you've got the money and you're gunna spend the rest of your life with one person then go for it. might as well get a big day all about you!
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 22nd, 2005 at 05:22pm
that_bass_line:
i agree with marrige, i mean you can do anything these days. it doesnt have to be religious or anything. you dont even have to get married it's just i feel if you've got the money and you're gunna spend the rest of your life with one person then go for it. might as well get a big day all about you!

I wouldn't mind getting married...I mean... can design my own dress...walk down the aisle...chuck the flowers behind me (I've always wanted to do that) ... and my wedding would be about me me me me...oh yeah...and the guy I'm marrying...wow...and it would be all special...and awesome.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 22nd, 2005 at 05:42pm
Faith:
Marriage is not a religious thing really...I mean, to some people it is, but it's more like you get one last name for both of you, buy a car together, get a joined account, blah-blah-blah...it's more like you get married because it's easier for you to legally do things together than if you were just partners.
They often say "other half" about your spouse, although it is not necessarily so...
I think when you find your actual other half, it doesn't matter whether you are married or not, you're still gonna be together and keep faithful (if you can). Marriage is more like a legalization of your togetherness... But I do wear a wedding ring to show that I'm taken and devoted to someone.
It's sort of like getting a degree...you can say "I'm a musician, and I have a paper to prove it", but the paper doesn't make you a better musician really. Nor does the marriage sertificate make you a better partner...

yes i totally agree with that. very smart =D
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 22nd, 2005 at 05:42pm
*Blue Star*:

I wouldn't mind getting married...I mean... can design my own dress...walk down the aisle...chuck the flowers behind me (I've always wanted to do that) ... and my wedding would be about me me me me...oh yeah...and the guy I'm marrying...wow...and it would be all special...and awesome.

My wedding was in pop punk style.
Punk because it was a 5-minute ceremony, everyone (us and 2 witnesses) was dressed like shit and wet from the rain. After getting married we went to McDonald's, went to sleep for a couple of hours and went to work.
But it was pop-punk because we didn't get severely high and get stupid crazy tattoos and shit.

My mother-in-law wants us to have a huge wedding with a shitload of guests and all that, but I think I'll die long before I have the money to do that.
11th Street Kid
11th Street Kid
October 22nd, 2005 at 05:47pm
Faith:
*Blue Star*:

Punk because it was a 5-minute ceremony, everyone (us and 2 witnesses) was dressed like shit and wet from the rain. After getting married we went to McDonald's, went to sleep for a couple of hours and went to work.
But it was pop-punk because we didn't get severely high and get stupid crazy tattoos and shit.

My mother-in-law wants us to have a huge wedding with a shitload of guests and all that, but I think I'll die long before I have the money to do that.

Because I'm asian...I have a shitload of relatives and stuff. Some of you may know...that most asians call people they don't know "uncle" ...well, I have to do that anyway. So if I have a wedding...I don't want it to be TOO big...just special...and I definitely wouldn't invite all my relatives...just my close friends. And I want to find a way of not inviting my parents...
October
Geek
October
October 22nd, 2005 at 07:29pm
Faith:
*Blue Star*:

LOL. Sounds like a blast. What'dja order at Mickeys? (Sorry, that's what my family calls McDonalds)
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
October 26th, 2005 at 07:13pm
Just like as if:
If it makes some people feel that they love each other more/make their relationship stronger, then it's fine, but it's definitely not necessary (that's why these gay-marriage-defenders are a bit silly: you don't need a marriage to love someone, and loving's not forbidden). But divorce isn't necessarily a bad thing, and some rings and a piece of paper don't make it mentally any more difficult than any divorcing in general.

I hate those 'You should get married, you have kids' 'You've been so long together, you should get married'-sayings. Though there's some benefits about marriage, law-things and such.

I think marriage shouldn't been taken so seriously as it's taken now.

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
you think marrige is taken seriously?
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao v
there are people who have only been married for six hours!!!!!!!!
it's not taken seriously, you know last year there were more people wed in Vegas by Elvis than a preacher and a Church
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
seriously; that's a good one
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 26th, 2005 at 07:17pm
I think Faith is way off topic, she'd make sense if we were talking about legal documents, but sadly it's about marrige (which is religious, what we think of marrige today was started by Christians who said as long as it's between a man and woman it's okay)

again, when Jews established Bar Mitzfahs they said only thirteen year old Jews could do it, I don't see you bitching about that

(and no I don't think Faith acts college bound, just better at disguising teenie in her)
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
October 26th, 2005 at 07:52pm
spill_no_sick:
I think Faith is way off topic, she'd make sense if we were talking about legal documents, but sadly it's about marrige (which is religious, what we think of marrige today was started by Christians who said as long as it's between a man and woman it's okay)

again, when Jews established Bar Mitzfahs they said only thirteen year old Jews could do it, I don't see you bitching about that

(and no I don't think Faith acts college bound, just better at disguising teenie in her)

Marriage was started by the church, it's a union between three people, man, women and god. Any man of god will tell you this. Documents were added later on because it was deemed that a women was a man's property but thats a completely different matter.

Marriage is a part of the christian faith but has been destroyed by politics.
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 27th, 2005 at 02:00am
spill_no_sick:

Baby, if you want a phichiatrist stating my psychological age for you -you're very welcome to it. I'm sure you'll be surprised. Trust me, I wish I was a teenie.
I was in University, and that irritates me 'cuz it wasn't on my own initiative, and now I make myself sick 'cuz I'm turning into someone I hate. Just because my other posts irritate you, there's no need to say I suck all over the place. Well, maybe I really do, my mother tells me I should be a whore.

I'm a Jew by descent, but I don't give a shit about religion 'cuz I despise religion as an idea. For some people marriage might be religios, but in todays world it's no more then a legalization of a relationship, whether you like it or not. A church wedding is a religios thing, but not everyone is doing it today, in fact it's becoming in rare thing. It might have been a religious thing in the past, but not any more. The world changes - deal with it.
Where in this thread was it written "this is about religion and not any other aspects of marriage"? Your attempt to make me sound foolish because I irritate you is really immature...at least say it to me in the face, don't use third person.
October
Geek
October
October 27th, 2005 at 10:05pm
spill_no_sick:
Just like as if:
If it makes some people feel that they love each other more/make their relationship stronger, then it's fine, but it's definitely not necessary (that's why these gay-marriage-defenders are a bit silly: you don't need a marriage to love someone, and loving's not forbidden). But divorce isn't necessarily a bad thing, and some rings and a piece of paper don't make it mentally any more difficult than any divorcing in general.

I hate those 'You should get married, you have kids' 'You've been so long together, you should get married'-sayings. Though there's some benefits about marriage, law-things and such.

I think marriage shouldn't been taken so seriously as it's taken now.

lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
you think marrige is taken seriously?
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao v
there are people who have only been married for six hours!!!!!!!!
it's not taken seriously, you know last year there were more people wed in Vegas by Elvis than a preacher and a Church
lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao
seriously; that's a good one

Wow, that's a lot of laugher. Rolling Eyes

That reminds me of Brittney Spear's accidental marrige in Vegas.
I agree; marriage isn't taken seriously at all nowadays.
According to a recent study (Damn I feel old sayin that), more people are getting ennulments and divorces MUCH more today than ever before.
Faith
Addict
Faith
October 28th, 2005 at 08:35pm
October:
Faith:
*Blue Star*:

LOL. Sounds like a blast. What'dja order at Mickeys? (Sorry, that's what my family calls McDonalds)

Double Quarter pounder, large fries 2, large soda - 2, nuggets, 6 Cheeseburgers, icecreams, maybe something else...it was a light one
October
Geek
October
October 29th, 2005 at 06:11pm
Faith:
October:
Faith:
*Blue Star*:

Double Quarter pounder, large fries 2, large soda - 2, nuggets, 6 Cheeseburgers, icecreams, maybe something else...it was a light one

Now THAT is my kinda wedding. Rock on Headbang
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
November 1st, 2005 at 03:02pm
Well I don't think you need to be married to have sexual relationship...
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 6th, 2005 at 05:07pm
I think marrige is a good thing. Its publicly displaying your undying love for eachother, and showing God. By wearing a ring, your showing your already comitted to someone. and if you choose to not have sex til marrige your showingthat you were saving the ultimate sacrafice (your virginity) for your one true love.
BehindBlueEyes
Jackass
BehindBlueEyes
November 12th, 2005 at 07:24pm
does any1 else think anything about this?
Register