The obesity issue

AuthorMessage
freedom-phantom
Idiot
freedom-phantom
July 20th, 2005 at 01:36am
i would like too know allo you peoples opinions about the growing epidemic in america
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
July 20th, 2005 at 01:55am
um, lets see, people are caring less and less for their bodies because technology is taking the place of that, its kinda genetic...

beh, id be suprised if this goes far.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 02:09am
...umm...i think...im not gonna bother...um...its sorta...people suck, theyre stupid they blame other people...that what i think is the "problem" associated with obesity. so if everyone would just take responsibilty, and take care of themselves, there wouldnt be a "problem." that took more effort than you can possibly know...*apathy*
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
July 20th, 2005 at 10:53am
What am I supposed to say.
Im mean really what do you think I'm gonna say?
Of course I think it's bad, but whose gonna stop it?
There is always going to be overweight people.
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
July 20th, 2005 at 04:16pm
i would not say that it's BAD... like, for some, it's come their fault... but it's not good. just had to say it... though i don't have that "problem"... (everything i eat goes down relly quickly Laughing!)
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 05:13pm
lol...i really think this thread shouldve started with a solid opinion, and i dont think that we really have a right to say too much about something that doesnt affect us...i mean, i, too, have a killer metabolism, but i also take care of myself, so...
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
July 20th, 2005 at 05:22pm
yea, at the begin of my 8th grade year i weighed 90, and somehow i managed to gain enough to get to what i am now, 115. "NO FAT!" im very proud of myself, but sometimes i dip down to 105, just because when i eat it just dissapears somewhere.

me and my friend make jokes that my body compacts it and when it cant anymore im going to explode and be fat, yea were weird...lol

weeeee
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 05:27pm
lol i have a friend who's almost 6 ft tall, and he makes everyone around him, no matter how skinny, look 5 months pregnant, with the exception of...me...i think...but he eats ALL THE TIME!!!!! literally! he blames the amount of caffeine he consumes, but i dont think so...hes pretty active though, even though he likes to tell people how lazy he is...
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 05:36pm
I eat all the time and don't put on weight. my mum thinks i have hollow legs.
i didnt come here to talk about that though lol
i think that not only the person who is obese is to blame, because a lot of the time it;s the parents fault for not spotting when they're dangerously overweight. also, tehnology means we have to go out less and less, we're just becoming generally unhealthy
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 05:45pm
true...but everyone really needs to be responsible for their health...i dont think its really about being skinny, its about being healthy.
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 05:50pm
exactly. living in england there isnt as much of a thing about obseity, because i think tht it;s not that there's less people who are obese here, but they tend to hide away more.
really, i think everyone has a responsibility for their own health, and those who they are respomisible for, like parents with little kids.
for some people it's just something they can't help, with their metabolism and stuff, but for some people it's just a generally unhealthy lifestyle. in england there's all this stuff going around to makes schools healthier. like, my school took out the fizzy drink machine and replaced it with a water thing, and charge almost the same for water as coke.
no one buys it though, so that makes me laugh
Kitti
Kitti
July 20th, 2005 at 05:59pm
my school doesnt allow us to use the soda machines during school hours...they unplug it or something i dont know...but its not that effective since ppl just bring stuff with them to school...
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 20th, 2005 at 06:30pm
Exactly, schools can try and encourage us to be heathy but really it's down to us
Stutterfly
Idiot
Stutterfly
July 21st, 2005 at 08:07am
whatsername***:
Exactly, schools can try and encourage us to be heathy but really it's down to us

Agreed
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
July 21st, 2005 at 10:39am
Well, I am 14. My best friend is also 14, and had been very overweight for most of her life. It annoys me how she is always eating, but it amazes me how much confidence she has in herself. My friend is very pretty, but just not the nicest of figures. She tried to go on the atkins diet once, but came off it and put on weight again.
fatpunk_50
Geek
fatpunk_50
July 21st, 2005 at 01:19pm
im fat and happy so fuck it anyways im still sexy
Kitti
Kitti
July 21st, 2005 at 01:25pm
eberneezer_egghead:
Well, I am 14. My best friend is also 14, and had been very overweight for most of her life. It annoys me how she is always eating, but it amazes me how much confidence she has in herself. My friend is very pretty, but just not the nicest of figures. She tried to go on the atkins diet once, but came off it and put on weight again.

the atkins diet?! thats one of the worst things you can to to ur body---deprive it of carbs. when u dont have carbs, ur liver shuts down. personnally, if imma die of liver failure, imma have fun and be a drunkard...
Batman
Geek
Batman
July 21st, 2005 at 01:32pm
I think its ridiculous the way people are blaming fast food places like macdonaulds its not like macdonaulds force the food into their mouths, if they acdtually cared about their bodies they would be fine and if they had any will power at all they aould not be obease, i think it is stupid that the people think the NHS should pay for people to have lypo suction and things to help them lose weight when there are people with problems they didnt bring on themselves who actually need help
_rehabreject_
_rehabreject_
July 21st, 2005 at 01:37pm
Some of it's to do with genetics though - if you're parents are obese you're more likely to be, and it's harder to loose wieght like that.
I think aslong as you're not unhealthy and you're happy it doesn't really matter
Less Than Jack
Less Than Jack
July 21st, 2005 at 01:54pm
Do what foamy says, EAT WHAT YOU WANT, if you want to be fat, then jsut go right ahead Very Happy and be happy with yourself

and dont go on the FATKINS diet Retard
Register